Looks like this SRT-10 will sell in the $40's

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Looks like this SRT-10 will sell in the $40\'s

That car is a smokin deal! It's gonna sell too, 12 bidders, and it's at $49,900 now with the buy it now only 2k higher at 51,900. Even after hitting the buy it now button AND $1000-1500 or so in paint touch up of the fascia and side sills it's perfect for a grand total of about $53,000 Which is the lowest price I have heard of for a relatively low mile, undamaged car with extended waranty. Which is at least a $2000 added value, maybe more. So knock off another 2k for the warranty you DON'T have to buy and AFTER painting it to make it perfect you're in the car that now looks perfect with the full warranty for $51,000.

It would make sense that way but what I have seen on eBay over time is that people will bid close to the reserve (if disclosed) or buy it now price but once it gets close to the asking price, the bidding seems to stop or slow down significantly. I have been selling items on eBay for years and this always happenes with high priced items, whether it be a car or high end model car. Just my two cents. Only time will tell.

What you are seeing in many of cases you mentioned is shill bidding by the owner to make it look like there is hot action on the item.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What you are seeing in many of cases you mentioned is shill bidding by the owner to make it look like there is hot action on the item.
Although in this case the current high bidder is a guy out of Georgia (forum member too) that I have been trading PM's with. He already has a Viper but figured this was too good to pass up. Next bid, no matter what it is, will hit the reserve and potentially own the car. One of our local guys has talked about just buying it, paint the fascia and swap the hood pad, and then put it back on eBay for another $5K or so. Should be interesting to see what it does!

05RedSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

One of our local guys has talked about just buying it, paint the fascia and swap the hood pad, and then put it back on eBay for another $5K or so. Should be interesting to see what it does!

Unless he is a dealer, the sales tax alone will kill any profit he would stand to make...

2006 Lime Green Gallardo egear
2006 Marine Blue Metallic Cayenne Turbo S
2004 Yellow Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet
2004 Black SL600 Sport Renntech Upgrades
2005 Silver Infiniti FX45
2005 Red Murcielago Egear (sold)
2004 Black Porsche Cayenne Turbo (sold)
2005 Red SRT-10 Viper (sold)
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V (sold)
2005 Black Infiniti FX45 (sold)
2005 Black BMW Z4 (sold)

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I bid it up to that a few days ago. We'll see if anyone else wants it more than I do. I've got more $$ left in the bid, but we'll see...

JD

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Unless he is a dealer, the sales tax alone will kill any profit he would stand to make...
He is indeed a dealer and recently had his VCA Edition Coupe sell for $88,888...

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I bid it up to that a few days ago. We'll see if anyone else wants it more than I do. I've got more $$ left in the bid, but we'll see...

JD

If you made the bid $49,900 and still have some money left in the bid, why not just hit the BIN at $51,995?

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JD

Congrats on your new SRT Joe. Are you going to track it?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Chad - Why don't you give me the 2k difference?

I didn't win it. the reserve wasn't met.

bummer. it's a nice ride!

JD

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Chad - Why don't you give me the 2k difference?

I didn't win it. the reserve wasn't met.

bummer. it's a nice ride!

JD

I thought he said the reserve was under $50,000. You are passing for less than a $1000 bucks? :confused:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually, i'm passing on it for $100 bucks. If it mattered more to the seller than me, then the seller would have dropped their reserve at the last minute so that the vehicle sold.

Why is it that the internet becomes a public forum dictating how other people should spend their money? I work for it, so i'll decide how it is spent!

JD

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just loan me your lawnmower and a hotters girl.

On second thought, just the lawnmower. I don't want anything communicable.

:p

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score

you cannot drop your reserve so it meets the highest bid. the lowest you can drop your reserve in this case would be 50,000 which I assume was his original reserve.

i grab my nuts and sell everything no reserve...I had 4 auctions end last night all no reserve, sold about 40g worth of stuff and came out ok

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That car is a smokin deal! It's gonna sell too, 12 bidders, and it's at $49,900 now with the buy it now only 2k higher at 51,900. Even after hitting the buy it now button AND $1000-1500 or so in paint touch up of the fascia and side sills it's perfect for a grand total of about $53,000 Which is the lowest price I have heard of for a relatively low mile, undamaged car with extended waranty. Which is at least a $2000 added value, maybe more. So knock off another 2k for the warranty you DON'T have to buy and AFTER painting it to make it perfect you're in the car that now looks perfect with the full warranty for $51,000.

It would make sense that way but what I have seen on eBay over time is that people will bid close to the reserve (if disclosed) or buy it now price but once it gets close to the asking price, the bidding seems to stop or slow down significantly. I have been selling items on eBay for years and this always happenes with high priced items, whether it be a car or high end model car. Just my two cents. Only time will tell.

Yes sir. That is exactly what it is. It is either people knowing they will not buy the car in the first place or owners bidding on their own auctions. I figured that would happen here too. Only $100 away from the reserve. Not a shock at all.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes sir. That is exactly what it is. It is either people knowing they will not buy the car in the first place or owners bidding on their own auctions. I figured that would happen here too. Only $100 away from the reserve. Not a shock at all.

Well you figured wrong (again). Both the highest and second highest bidders knew EXACTLY what the reserve was - they asked, I told. The high bid was exactly $1.00 short, much to my chagrin. And guess what? The high bidder is working with the owner to buy that car today. So the car is SOLD and there wasn't any "funny business" on the bidding. And I don't appreciate the insinuation even a little bit.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Like I told you before... if it falls through (being that I was the 2nd high bidder) then let me know and we'll chat!

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Like I told you before... if it falls through (being that I was the 2nd high bidder) then let me know and we'll chat!

Sorry Joe but I'm afraid I'm going to have to insist that I am consulted before you spend any of your money. It's how the internet works you know.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry Joe but I'm afraid I'm going to have to insist that I am consulted before you spend any of your money. It's how the internet works you know.

JD, if you buying this car is approved by the JD Money Committee, and you still need the $100, my offer to write you a bad check still stands ;)

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well you figured wrong (again). Both the highest and second highest bidders knew EXACTLY what the reserve was - they asked, I told. The high bid was exactly $1.00 short, much to my chagrin. And guess what? The high bidder is working with the owner to buy that car today. So the car is SOLD and there wasn't any "funny business" on the bidding. And I don't appreciate the insinuation even a little bit.

Never stated that you were doing this. We were stating what was going on with many auctions on eBay from what we have seen and if you look at my original posts, I stated that I doubt that it would hit the reserve on EBAY and it didn't. Congratulations on it selling but it did not sell on eBay, it sold outside of eBay and never hit the reserve and that was my point from my first post.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4