Lose clutch after long drive.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of your problems is driving on the parkway. You should drive on the driveway and park on the parkway.

I could never understand why parkway was never referred to as "driveway" and driveway not referred to as "parkway".. it boggles my mind whenever I think about it. :omg:

OP
OP

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I parked on the parkway I would get a ticket. If I drive on my driveway I will crash:omg:

Dave, you are correct, I am releasing the cluch pedal when I hear the sound. About half clutch, half gas.No Dukes slides into *******! When I depress the clutch completely, the sound goes away.

Ron

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's what I would do, partially influenced by the fact that idle tools are wasted tools. Most of these require pulling it apart which is how your tools are not wasted.

-> Check the pressure plate to flywheel screws to see if they are tight. You can do that from the inspection cover I think.

-> Check the TO bearing. It is possible with any bearing for as the load changes on it to have a noise here and there but not under no load or heavy load etc. I'm pretty sure it is always in contact with the pressure plate so it spins constantly only the load varies as you push the pedal.

-> Check the clutch disk and flywheel contact area for grooves or any other obvious defects.

-> Check the pilot bearing and the end of the tranny input shaft.

Tools are a terrible thing to waste.

OP
OP

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE!

About 3 weeks after bleeding the system and no more problems or noise. Can't explain it fixing all of the problems, but for now it appears that it did.

Ron

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The same thing has been happening to my ACR - I'll lose the clutch and then have to pump the pedal like crazy to get it back. The fluid looked a little low when I first checked it, but after topping it off, it's stayed full. I think it just needs to be bled with DOT 4 - and it's probably got some bubbles in there that need to come out. Hopefully my problem is the same as yours - and hopefully we both can get away with just bleeding out the system.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE!

About 3 weeks after bleeding the system and no more problems or noise. Can't explain it fixing all of the problems, but for now it appears that it did.

Ron

Sooooooooooooo, now you can thank me with some beer later..................

:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang