Lots of wrecked vipers

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After seeing a lot of wrecked vipers on the web lately, You have to think the prices of these cars will go up in the not so distant future. How many have been built from 1992 to 2002? 18,000 or less? They seem to be dying off fast, the law of supply and demand will have to catch up sooner or later, dont you think?

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree. It seems they're going to keep building them, but a car like yours or mine will hold its value very well, in my opinion. Dog, how many ACR's were built -828 or so? I'm really shocked at the 01 & 02's I've seen in the high $50's and low $60's. I think those will turn out to be great bargains 5 years from now. Enjoy, but drive safely, I guess.. :)

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One more thing to consider. Gas prices killed the muscle car boom. How many 400 hp cars (and truck and SUVs) are on the market now? With prices continuing to increase, at some point, one would think the public will shift away from our cars and into gas savers. When that happens - hold on to that ACR tight!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's really amazing how many Vipers have salvage titles due to wrecks, theft, etc.
I would love to see the actualy numbers of Clean Title Gen I&II, Vipers that have clean titles.

Viper will be worth ALOT of money. How long from now? Not sure, but they have already bottomed out a couple years ago, and the prices are already on the rise.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gas could go to $10/gallon and it's not going to affect me in a supercar. Now I only drive appx 1000 mi/year but gas is my least worry. I'd only be concerned if I used my daily driver for 50-100K mi/year but a few thousand miles in a supercar which will give the women a second glance at me (whereas they wouldn't give me a the time of day in a yugo) is well worth the exorbitant price of gas.

smfettig

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I purchased my 1994 in Sept of last year. Before buying it I looked up the kelly blue book price, which is now ~$5,000 lower than it was when I looked it up last week. So I think we are seeing a slow up tick.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally think too that the prices of our cars are starting to go up, partially due to the (FINALLY) big interest in Mopar muscle cars as witnessed on Ebay and Barrett Jackson for instance. Mopar muscle is going for big dollars all over the country right now. And as our cars dwindle in numbers over the years, I think these values will only get larger. :2tu:

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a lot depends on if the Viper is ever discontinued heaven forbid. If production continues for more than 40 years then only racing and special edition Vipers will be the collectibles. With gas-electric hybrid cars becoming more visible now, I cringe to think that the future may kill the V10. What a boring future that would be which is why I never plan on selling my 2000RT10. It took 30 years for the classics like the hemicuda to get the spotlight. Don't die waiting for your Viper to gain in value. Take care of it but drive it.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a lot depends on if the Viper is ever discontinued heaven forbid. If production continues for more than 40 years then only racing and special edition Vipers will be the collectibles. With gas-electric hybrid cars becoming more visible now, I cringe to think that the future may kill the V10. What a boring future that would be which is why I never plan on selling my 2000RT10. It took 30 years for the classics like the hemicuda to get the spotlight. Don't die waiting for your Viper to gain in value. Take care of it but drive it.

Disagree. Look at the Vette. All the early Vettes pull very nice money, they are not "collector editions or race Vettes", they were just the early models of a great (say what you will) american sports car.

Compare the production numbrs of the 50s Vette to the GEN I, there were more Vettes made. My opinion, a stock, clean low mile GEN I will be the most sought after car in 30 years, if we still have gas to power them :)