lotus Vs Vette Video Nurburgring

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Wayne !!! This looks like the old , full 14 mile track, and I had the pleasure of riding around here in 1963 in a Mini Cooper with my dad. I was hooked on racing from that point and it was great to watch this tape. The Elise , pumps out around 200 hp, I believe, and the cars weigh around 1800 lbs, so othet than top speed the advantage wasn't totally in the Vette's court. I actually thought the Vette did really well. Last year they tested one of these little beasts at Gingerman, and it was waxing about everyone on the tight 1.8 mile track. Fun video trip and greatly appreciated.

dmora

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Lotus Elise 190 pulled a viper ACR around road atlanta i heard during a test session. Its a fun little car and for a mere $50grand, you TOO can have one.... FOR TRACK USE ONLY
smile.gif

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Lotus gets right on top of the Vette in a series of turns but then the Vette takes off on a straight-away that looked like it was 100 miles long! Anybody know how long the straight was? Anyway the Vette remains out of sight for the rest of the video.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hubba Hubba!

Gotta love that straight!

Boy if that was the 'Ring, it sure has changed since Yellow Bird's video.

I think it would be a lot more fun being German and living there...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery