Love my new Copperhead! Who can paint brake caliper's to match?

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Love my new Copperhead! Who can paint brake caliper\'s to match?

Hello;

Really, the red caliper's aren't that bad, but Black or matching Copper would have been better IMHO.

I know that the paint needs to be a special, "High Temperature" paint, and that it probably wasn't available in the Copper metallic.

Perhaps the Copper-metallic could not even be made to take the high temps? I would believe that if that is the true. Since "Red" is the color for all post 03' brakes, perhaps SRT thought it would be wise to just use the latest.

Ant thoughts on IF the calipers can pe painted copper to match the car?

Thanks,

jim W.

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Love my new Copperhead! Who can paint brake caliper\'s to match?

Jim, I agree with Brad04Mamba. I had my calipers powdercoated by Ron ****(RandJDistibuting.com). If you pull up his website, you will see my gen2 brake calipers powdercoated red. I have yet to have a problem with them. Whatever you decide to do, please post pictures because I'm thinking about buying a copperhead in the fall and I too would like to powdercoat the brake calipers the same color as the car.

OP
OP
J

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks for the comments;

My real question is not whether the Caliper's (Rotor's?) can be painted.

The question is really asking if they can be painted in a "Metallic" color (Copperhead Copper) and if the Metallic paint can withstand the heat of the brakes?

I have heard that not all colors can be "high-temp".

Thanks for the advice, I'll have to call "Rand Distributing" and ask Ron **** about this. Thanks!

Meanwhile (it's sunday) does anyone know if the "Copperhead" Metallic paint could be used (or an additive added for the heat) for the Caliper's?

Thanks for your advice, as always!

Jim W.

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score

the normal auto exterior paint is NOT gonna hold up on that high temp....it will just start change color or flaking off, plus the brake dust will just eat up the paint after awhile....when it come to brake setup, you HAVE to go with high temp powdercoat, and YES we have the copperhead color for your calipers...and here is a picture of the yellow SRT calipers on a yellow car...they stand out very NICE...if you have any more questions, PM or e-mail us...thanks

6544yellow_SRT_11-med.jpg
6544yellow_SRT_caliper_on_car.jpg
6544IMG_09121-med.JPG

nazology

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey venomblue550. If I wanted to get Red calipers for my 03, whats the process like, and the cost? Do you just send me new calipers that are painted red, or is there something we can do where you send me red calipers and I send you my stock ones? Let me know the details, im interested.

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Those calipers look incredible :2tu: The next Viper I buy will definitely have to be yellow.

Reaction score

Are the yellow calipers the same factory yellow as the paint on the yellow 05 SRT cars.
Reason: You called them SRT calipers though the photo example is of a yellow RT.

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score

there is a guy in CA, he made a bracket setup to fit new SRT calipers on G1 or G2 vipers...and he had our yellow SRT calipers on his G2....but the yellow calipers is the same color as the 05 yellow SRT cars.....they matched up really good....

nazology.......you got PM

THANKS

Mach10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

New to the forum. Looks like a great site!!!!! :2tu: I plan on making my first purchase of a copperhead viper this week...
I hope to go to next years KC viper meet with my new car... Won't be able to make it this year :(

Mach10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When you get the chance, post pics of your new Copperhead........

:2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss