Reaction score
416Tire_sensor.jpg

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They need more air? :dunno:

:lmao:

Sorry for that outburst.

They could have been filled in the warm plant, and now they are in Mass. if you info is right. What's the temperature there today? Makes a big difference.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Yes...25 will trigger alert.

First step is to inflate tires to correct cold tire pressure...29 lbs. for 2003 -2006 stock runflats. If by "new", you mean 2008-9...I'm not sure of the cold tire inflation pressure but your owner's manual and/or a sticker on the car should state same.
Still, "the year matters" (as JonB would say) even more if your car is a 2003-4...because, even though you inflate to correct pressure, the warning may not clear or may return promptly...and you can assume that you have 1, 2, 3,or 4 dead batteries in the sensors (as happened to our 03 SRT-10 last summer. This can be confirmed with a DRB III if you have access to one. If this is indeed a case of battery failure, it's about $80 per sensor as of this summer when I last checked (can't just change battery), plus the cost to un-mount and re-mount tire (and possibly balance each) $$$$$$$$$$$

Anyone know why they did not use RFID chips for this instead of a 5 yr. battery powered transmitter as each wheel???

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cold weather (30F) keeps setting off my tire sensor in the morning, but after a few minutes of driving, it turns off. They really need a way to shut off that sensor manually. I have more important things to worry about, than low tire pressure.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cold weather (30F) keeps setting off my tire sensor in the morning, but after a few minutes of driving, it turns off. They really need a way to shut off that sensor manually. I have more important things to worry about, than low tire pressure.

Blame the owners of SUVs for that one.