Lowering the Viper

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put Eibach springs on my 94, and I think it looks great. It also rides great. If you were having trouble w/ scraping, you will have more trouble. If you were not scraping, you will find some new spots you will want to avoid in your everyday driving.
Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark Mazon - 94RT No CA:
I put Eibach springs on my 94, and I think it looks great. It also rides great. If you were having trouble w/ scraping, you will have more trouble. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PartsRack has many happy customers with either Eibach or one other brand of spring kits. In fact, I send the first "mule" to Eibach years ago........For under $320 parts and a re-align, you will be amazed.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the Roe Racing suspension installed on my car and lowered about 3/4" and really like it. Besides the look of the lowered car, the suspension is a great improvement over stock (in my opinion). I don't have any more problems with scraping than I did before and the ride is excellent.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snakeboy,

If you lower the rear end more than the front, you can throw off the balance of the car, such as it is. I'ld lower each the same amount. You don't want to catch more air under the front than you already do.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Northwind Engineering makes a lower profile upper spring cap which will lower the car 1/2 inch. If used in conjunction with the Eibach springs will lower your car a total of 1 1/2 inches.

Good luck,

Anthony

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snakeboy:
The problem is that there is so much gap, especially in the back that it seems like one inch won't change the look. I can stand my fist up between the rear fender and the tire. Does anyone have any pictures of lowered GTS? Can I drop the back 1.5 or 2 inches and the front 1 with a spring kit?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get a black Viper, the gap is not so visible.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do it yourself:

Remove springs and shocks. Take springs off shocks - carefully. Chuck aluminum spring perch in lathe, cut 6 - 8 mm off the spring seat. Remount springs on shocks, install in car. Yes, it's work, but I need the exercise. Cost is free. Lowers the car 0.5" to 0.75" and adds a smidge more camber without eating up the inside of the tread. May want to re-check front toe.

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couple things to think about:
1) If you lower your car, make sure that you use linear (not progressive) rate springs.
2) Make sure that your car's shocks still have sufficient travel and do not bottom out (do not lower too much)
3) Make sure the linear rate is not too high so you end up bouncing down the road like an import, thus making your car potentially handle worse.

If you have any more questions, you can call me at 408.562.1000.
Thanks!
Good Luck!
-Wayne (LTHL VPR)

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Tom,
What a timely response. I just did that a few weeks ago and have had a set sitting on the workbench, waiting to install in the RT/10 to see how much it lowered it. I lowered the car 1/2" with the first cut and took off more on this second set.
I have 20 car sets of hats and will be adding this to my catalog once I get the final dimensions (cut and how much it lowers). We're going to do them on an exchange basis, so that we won't run out of stock and they will only be about $50 or so a car set. Guys could couple these with the Eibach spring kit to lower the car even more.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte