M&M headers for Gen IV? Questions...

1.8t

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know M&M makes headers for the Gen IV, but I don't really know of anyone running them. They seem to be built just the same as the Bellangers in regards to materials, but they don't contain the "pickle" as I have read that the Bellangers do. One comparison said they would fall right in between the Bellangers and the ACR-X headers in regards to flow due to no "pickle".

Can anyone comment on their fitment, CEL sensitivity, and how easily other exhausts hook up to them?

Naturally they are the cheapest option of the three and would seem like a no brainer if they offer the same fitment and performance as the other two, while still allowing some of the more popular exhausts to mate up.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I can chime in here since they used my car to develop the Gen4 header. I have the first set made and they've been on my car since March of '09. Similar construction to the Bellanger but not exactly the same. Better. Matt can give you specific details. The headers played a large part in my car going 190mph in the standing mile, [email protected] in the 1/4 mile, and making 585rwhp and 565rwtq on what I believe is a spot on to slightly conservative Dynojet dyno. No CEL if you go catless. Side exhausts on Gen3 & 4 cars are the easiest to work with. I made my own.

I have punished the headers and they're holding up fine. No problems as of yet. I haven't heard of anyone that is unhappy with their M&M headers.

OP
OP

1.8t

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent information. Thank you for your response :)

Btw, did you mean to say "No CEL if you go with cats"? I don't see how a header can keep from tripping a CEL with no cats.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent information. Thank you for your response :)

Btw, did you mean to say "No CEL if you go with cats"? I don't see how a header can keep from tripping a CEL with no cats.

Yes, no CEL with M&M headers and no cats. It's still easy to fool the rear 02 sensing on the Gen4 ECM. This is for off road only of course. :quiet: