M2 Crew Sweeps Gainsville Drags

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to Ward Reasoner, John Canal, Gary Soltys, Steve Salis, Mike Perry, Chuck Babel, Bob Tew and Albert Marzilli! I believe these guys walked away with a total of 8 trophies and they deserved every one. Thank you, guys!

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dam Larry,

Eight trophies, your going to need a case polish to keep those things nice and shinny on the showroom floor.

Just goes to show, M2 is the only place in North and Central Florida for viper tuning and upgrades.

Congrats to all.

EALASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jani & Torquemonster are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!! Safety must come FIRST, losing a friend or family member for lack of safety equipment is not a fun thing!!!

On a lighter note, please let me OFFICIALLY announce the winners for Gainesville;

PURE STOCK RT 10/GTS:
the winner was; Tracy Welch in a Neon- 2nd place 14.703

PURE STOCK SRT 10;
1ST place: Gene Yauchler
2nd place: Greg Christie

MODIFIED:
1st Place: Gary Soltys 11.763
2nd place: Bob Tew 12.222

UNLIMITED:
1st place: Ward Reasoner 10.496
2nd place: John Canal 10.980

HIGH MPH: Ward Reasoner 141.68
LOW ET: Ward Reasoner 10.496
BEST 60' TIME: Ward Reasoner 1.67

Steve Salis was handed the trophy for BEST 60' time. We did NOT have those numbers available at that time and Steve is looking for "help" as to what to put on his trophy! Ward's trophy is being made (as I stype this) and will be sent to him next week.

Congratulations to ALL of our winers at Gainesville, it was a truly great day and lots of fun. So sorry that Al Marzilli's car broke and we hope that all is well with him.

On one other note.....one of our very FIRST VCA members of the Ctrl/No FLorida VCA was the lottery winner of the raffle drawing, and we are so happy for Allen & Jackie Henning....what an incredible WIN and you both deserve it!!!

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ealash

Correction on your Pure stock Rt10/GTS class if you are calling a Neon the winner.

It was a 2003 Cobra driven by my wife Joni Perry.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is always fun to run with our Florida Posse, with lots of time to make many passes. The only thing that I missed is watching Steve and Gary run, even though there is a lot of hype, both were good sports about their rivalry.

Thanks Larry Macedo for building a fast RELIABLE BEAST of a car that I can drag race, road race and just go cruising with the wife and my 2 boys.

There is NOTHING better than having good fun with friends old and new.
It was just too much fun for a second annual "club drag racing" day!

Cudaman :usa:

EALASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, My post on the winners was supposed to be the list and their placing, I put "the winner was" in the wrong place but did specify the Neon was SECOND Place. So sorry, I didn't mean to leave Joni out or suggest that the Neon beat her, our notes from the trophy presentation did not have have Joni's name (you guys should have stayed after all) and I just went went down the list.

Again, sorry for the mistake/misunderstanding.

Elizabeth

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, My post on the winners was supposed to be the list and their placing, I put "the winner was" in the wrong place but did specify the Neon was SECOND Place. So sorry, I didn't mean to leave Joni out or suggest that the Neon beat her, our notes from the trophy presentation did not have have Joni's name (you guys should have stayed after all) and I just went went down the list.

Again, sorry for the mistake/misunderstanding.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth,
Thanks for clearing that up. I know you didn't do it intentionally. I figured you just didn't know/remember her name. The main reason I left when the awards were being given out was because the pit area was quickly being invaded by the local drag cars and jr. dragsters. I didn't want to leave my cars and stuff unattended with outsiders so to speak.

Thanks again for the good time. I hope we do Daytona and Gainesville again next year. I missed Daytona due to work so I'm really hoping you set that up again.

V10Nationals.com

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, When I posted that you wanted "help" for your plaque, I never dreamed that you would turn back into your same obniouxs self (should have known better). You have made made all of these claimes about you and your car. FIRST thing that hasn't come into play in the whole story is that you were running slicks & skinnies...Gary was on "run flat" street tires...BIG difference. I believed that the two of you had a good, fun time, and that in fact the event was FUN. It is not apearing that is the case. Competition is always good, but this has become something more/worse.

I have asked that we keep all of this "friendly" and fun...some do not seem to want it that way. Put what you want on the trophy....you didn't actually earn that one!

Elizabeth Lashinsky

Elisabeth,

You can't say that I didn’t earn my trophy. Everyone that watched Gary and I racing knows that I beat him fair and square.

I was not running slicks, I was running Kuhmos which is a street tire. Big difference!

I have a 95 Viper with 400HP and Gary was driving the SRT-10 with 500HP…THAT is a BIG difference! If I was driving the SRT-10 and Gary was driving my car I would have still won!

So your hubby loses, you don’t admit the defeat and now you call me obnoxious? Do you know who is obnoxious? YOU are! I kept it clean and I earned my bragging rights but once again you started acting like a donkey (feel free to replace this word) when things don’t go your way!

All the suggestions that I posted earlier came from emails that I received but I am going to use the one that I didn’t want to post earlier:

“The day that Gary became Steve’s Bieatch”

I am also making t-shirts with the picture of the trophy and the new plaque. What size would you and Gary want?

Steve

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also making t-shirts with the picture of the trophy and the new plaque. What size would you and Gary want?

Steve

What shirt sizes will be available and how much will the shirts sell for?

When will these shirts be available and will they have the cookie monster on the back side?????

You must be registered for see images

It would be great fund racing event for the club so they can continue to put these type of events on a more regualar basis.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4