MADE A TRUNK KIT FOR THE RT/10 TODAY (PICS)

lobo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
prop, it might have been. The wings fit perfectly...because it was apparently a prototype made for a '93 or '94, the center section was a tad long front to rear and was very snug going over the spare tire, but otherwise if fit perfectly and it's solidly made. I was just happy that Chris had one because I couldn't find one anywhere else and he also had a hardtop bag, rear window bag and side window bag and they were first class bags and he gave great service.

On the trunk deck the edges are hidden so you don't see them, but having to learn sewing when I got deevorced 14 years ago I would have sewn the edges differently. The stitches are on the outside and what I would have done is reverse the material and sew the edges, leaving the rear unsewn, then turn the bag inside out so the stitches are on the inside and then after inserting the fiber board, sew across the rear. That way you get a nice tuck seam all around except the back which doesn't show. Adding some welting in the seam would have been the bees knees.

I'm happy with it as is, but would clean up the edges if marketing them.