Made my own Sneaky Pete

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I made them in Red/Blue/Yellow shown plus I also have them in White so I can paint it any other color. Material is ABS. Size is about 3x3. Can actually make it any size I want. The blue did not come out well in the pic.

8800all_logo-med.JPG

Red is not as dark as I would have liked.

8800red_logo-med.JPG

This gives you an idea as to the depth of it.
8800yellow_logo_side-med.JPG

This is installed in the car. Easy to take off if I get tired of it or want to move it.
8800logo_in_car-med.JPG

Next step is to make smaller ones for other strategic locations around the car.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i am not positive about this but you may wish to be careful with this if you plan on selling it. Not positive but dodge may have this symbol under some sort of copywrite, or more likely trademark infringement protection laws. dont get me wrong, they look ok. i took the cheap way out myself by biting off mgw's lid as well. although I bought a dodge pete emblem off ebay and stuck it on my lid. absolutely can't tell its not his piece when closed. of course i dont have the cup holder inside but i see no need for one. cost was maybe 50 bucks total. i would hate to see you get in a pinch is all so again be careful.

OP
OP
V

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am not selling them or in mass production. In fact except for the two white ones not shown, that is my entire inventory. So I don't think I will be in trouble. Hell what can Dodge do, come to my house and remove them from my car, tool box and toilet seat?

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
no worries them. i got the impression that you were testing the waters with making these for sale. i do remember george at mgw commenting that he couldn't really do group buys on gas caps or lid consoles because mark up was very slim and he paid large royaties to dodge for use of their emblems. granted he uses the exact emblem from dodge and you reproduce yours. but like you said. it was just a small thing you did for yourself so forget it. nice work tho.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they're awsome! AND I think it's kewl you made them yourself :2tu:

OP
OP
V

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments.

The yellow/black is perfect for the bumblebee. Guess I may make a few more for Christmas presents next year.

The Red and Blue do look better than the pic indicates. I may try a few in the Viper Fang logo to see if those look better. Course I don't have my SRTC yet so may have to wait.

I wonder how long it will be before the wife notices the one under the toilet lid in the guest bath...

The other cool part about the process used to make them is I can configure it to almost any size and it does not have to be flat. I am going to build one to put on a slammer (shot glass os sorts) as well.

Any other ideas out there on what to try? Shoot me a PM. ;)

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how long it will be before the wife notices the one under the toilet lid in the guest bath...

(phone at your house) Ring ring... Ring ring...

Tracy: "Hello"

Unknown Gateway VCA member: "Yes Tracy. This is an anonyomus phone call. There is a rumor that your husband snaked the toilet in the guest bathroom."

Tracy: "Oh no! Not again!"

:D

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

AWESOME work my friend. Somehow I bet the yellow is your favorite. Could you make some wall art out of that?

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i was thinging they would make an awesome set of drinking coasters. make it a bit larger and you got a great custom frisbee for the kids or dog...

OP
OP
V

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

You make that call and I may not give you the blue/white logo!!!

Parts are made on what is called a 3D printer. Raw material which is a spool similar to your **** whacker is feed into a heated extruder. The material is ABS so it has some strength to it. The machine lays the molten material down in layers. It builds the part in the Z axis. Each layer is 0.010 inch in thickness. The input to the machine is a 3D model of the part in a certain format. So you basically hit "print" and depending on part size you pick it up in a few minutes to several hours.

Drink coasters is a great idea, I may have to try that. You have enough cavities to capture moisture.