Make your Viper look 10X better in only 2 hours! (garage flooring)

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, not that the Viper needs any help looking better, but I finally did something today that I've been wanting to do for a long time. Installed some checkered tile flooring. I couldn't be happier as it was easy and less expensive than I thought it would be. Took about 2 hours to snap the tiles together.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
C

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, is there any EASY way to make these pictures appear smaller (without using Photoshop?)

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok where and how much...i like the red boarder as well!
I need to do something to stay up with all these garage fanatics around here. :cool:

OP
OP
C

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with floorjunkies.com since they were inexpensive and nearby so I actually got them the next day. (Fedex ground shipping was free)

It cost me around $660 to do the floor which was really inexpensive for the result. I can't stop smiling at it! :)

scottmcc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That looks awesome.. Don't post these pics on the alley as you will get repremanded for having a spoiler as it is very dangerous don't you know...Plus you will be placed into a class of pimping out your ride..

Car looks Awesome as well as your Garage..

I am going to do that to my garage after winter.. I like the pattern you chose.

Saxon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice flooring and that bike ani't too shaby either. :)

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, is there any EASY way to make these pictures appear smaller (without using Photoshop?)

I've used IrfanView (irfanview.com) for years for photo editing chores that don't require the horsepower of Photoshop. It works fine, is well known (I mean it isn't loaded with viruses and malware, etc.), and it's free.

Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice floor, I love it. However I would paint the walls white with a red stripe or something.

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question, with these types of floor tiles, does hosing the floor down trap water beneath the tiles (solid tiles)?

OP
OP
C

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question, with these types of floor tiles, does hosing the floor down trap water beneath the tiles (solid tiles)?

I don't think so. There is a grid underneath the tiles (they aren't flat) and garage floors are sloped (or should be) so eventually the water should find it's way out.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will hate yourself after a few years when they are stained and yellowed and you're tired of trying to roll a floor jack on the dotted surface. Nonetheless they do look nice now and they're an affordable alternative to an infinately durable floor like Stonhard.

Wedge500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your garage floor looks very nice :2tu:

What is the square footage of the area covered?

With this type of flooring will you still be able to jack the cars up to work on them or will that damage the tile?

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice flooring and that bike ani't too shaby either. :)

That flooring looks terrific.....

That Harley is really nice with all the bells and whistles..The back rest is even powered and adjustable while riding.

The Vulcan is another story. It is beautiful and classy and a real bear to ride. Its a 2L twin with stump pulling torque like a Viper but it is close to 800 lbs and has a high CG. Not bad when you cruising, but stop and go traffic is no fun....hmmm, just like a viper!

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks awesome.. Don't post these pics on the alley as you will get repremanded for having a spoiler as it is very dangerous don't you know...Plus you will be placed into a class of pimping out your ride..

Car looks Awesome as well as your Garage..

I am going to do that to my garage after winter.. I like the pattern you chose.

No, that wing is 1000000% different than your is. Yours is a combination of 2 and is, by most opinions, the most horrible wing ever to be put on a Viper. If you like it, then fine. Also, he didn't destroy the wheels. He left them stock and THAT Viper actually looks good...and most here and on the Alley will agree. Stop trying to recruit people in your favor because it's not working. Notice how everyone in this thread has ignored you? No one cares about what you said about the alley. The alley is and will always be what it is...you seem to think that you are the only one in here that knows that. So funny to see you raging on and on about it though. :lmao:

To the thread Op, floor looks great! Nice set of toys you have there as well!

bvk

Enthusiast
Reaction score

heh yeah try using a free photo hosting site. I know photobucket will automatically resize anything you upload to it, you don't need to do anything.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will hate yourself after a few years when they are stained and yellowed and you're tired of trying to roll a floor jack on the dotted surface. Nonetheless they do look nice now and they're an affordable alternative to an infinately durable floor like Stonhard.

For $600 bucks I'd say it's a great alternative. The materials alone to do a proper epoxy job are more than that and the odds of the averagge DIY screwing up epoxy are huge. Read the horror stories at The Garage Journal

OP
OP
C

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That flooring looks terrific.....

That Harley is really nice with all the bells and whistles..The back rest is even powered and adjustable while riding.

The Vulcan is another story. It is beautiful and classy and a real bear to ride. Its a 2L twin with stump pulling torque like a Viper but it is close to 800 lbs and has a high CG. Not bad when you cruising, but stop and go traffic is no fun....hmmm, just like a viper!

Hey at least you didn't lay it down like you did the last time I let you ride one of my bikes... ;)