Man I love this car.

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With an 800 mile trip home, I do hope that you put them HIGHER on "top of your list." Old tires= a death sentence. New PS2's are the BEST mod you can do because you can't even know the car without good meat on the feet.

100% agree..the best first mod you can do...and one of the best period!

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride. Glad to hear you are playing it smart.

OP
OP
CSXT802

CSXT802

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the complements everyone. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1992 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1992 - Copy.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1991.jpg
    IMG_1991.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1996 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1996 - Copy.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 0410011651.jpg
    0410011651.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 28

BolsOut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Whatever you do do not get over confident, that's when she'll bite you. I've driven my 2000 Viper on the track many times and learned the dynamics of the car well. Still when getting on the freeway one day on a 270 degree on ramp I goosed it a little early and wasn't completely straight yet and went into a "death wiggle" (when the rear steps out right, left, right, left) only thing that saved me was my track experience. It was one of those moments where you reflect and change your underwear :D

Very well said. Bold added to emphasize first sentence. I'm pretty sure this is how most Vipers are 'Lost'.
:(
BTW I Love the Silver/silver colors on your car- Nice!

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I picked up my 2000 steel gray silver strip GTS on Friday the 8th. I had a long road trip home to get to know it. I'm not gonna lie I was a bit intimidated, seeing how I've never driven one before. I had the former owner with me for my first drive. Needless to say I took it very easy. We did some around town and highway driving. Then we took the car to a big open parking lot. I had to know how fast the car would "step out"(loose traction under throttle and spin out) as I like call it. So during A low speed 1st gear turn I gave it A sudden throttle input. Well the A$$ snapped right around spinning the car out. That was all I wanted to know. Now that I knew how fast this car could step out on me. I was ready for my 800+ mile road trip home. Well I have put almost 1,000 miles on it and all I can say is I really love driving this car. The car is easy to drive and very rewarding if you use your head when applying the throttle. :drive:
Congratulations! You've got the best looking color(JMO), though I know better than to say the fastest. Mines also a 2000 & the tires looked brand new (only 8k miles) but VERY SLIPPERY. First thing I did was get brand new tires (difference is like night & day) cause I was just like you, waited for the right time to see a lil' bit what it would do (also had never driven one) rear end came around immediately, put new tires on & it's a world of difference. Check the date on them. Enjoy & be safe.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh by the way, your kids WON'T mind you picking them up at school in it either & they'll probably have a few new friends, though it looks like you might have to rotate days, but I don't think they'll mind.

OP
OP
CSXT802

CSXT802

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New Tires have been ordered. Thank you viper parts of america.:drive:
Here are a couple of pics of it out in the sun light

Attachments

• DSC09608.jpg
    DSC09608.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC09607.jpg
    DSC09607.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 14

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One thing I wanted you to watch out for is the brakes.
You have no abs so if or when you get on the brakes in a panic
You have to get off them or you will square off all 4 tires.
Your tires will just lock up. Be careful! Beautiful car and kids.
Cheers on the car!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang