Man....I miss my old GTS

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Shouldn't never sold it....

oh well.....maybe something else lurks out there for me....?

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a wize man once told me:
"A gen3/4 will never be a gen1/2"

i added to that, yea i guess to some,
its like comparing a C2/3 Vette to a C4/5/6 Vette

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for some investors so I can get started on this restoration.

:eater:

You must be registered for see images

I always thought the best thing to do with this car was take one with a sunroof, strip the interior, weld up the doors and make a fish aquarium out of it!

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've driven an '08 coupe, and it's a great driving car - but the GTS is just plain kick-in-the-ass fun in all aspects. Mine's definitely showing signs that it is a 12 year old car (both windows came off the tracks again, there are a few rattles, rearview mirror popped off, the engine compartment doesn't look so pretty anymore, paint needs to be professionally detailed) but mechanically it still drives like new. I took it out over the weekend and it reminded me how much fun that car is.

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So what are you saying??? That the Gen II is a better car?

I will admit, the Gen 2 looks better and was my "first" so for me it will always be missed. I had done mods to it to make safer and perform better on those few track days that I would attend. The car was fast for a "stock motor" gen 2 and I could keep up with the gen 3 cars no problem.

The gen 4 is by far a better car and for a Viper is very refined. Not luxury refined. I have driven an '08 that was broken in, and I can't wait to get some miles on mine to hit the big pedal.

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to chime in here if I may.

I've been a Viper nut since day one. In Mid-08 I started to think that I might actually be able to buy a Viper (used, of course) and so when I took my '73 Barracuda to Carlisle, I planned to spend some time walking the Viper Pit to finally decide WHICH model I wanted to buy.

Every Viper is a gorgeous car. There isn't a single one I'd kick out of the garage. But the GTS... The GTS is the most fluid-looking of them all. The face that not a single straight-edge exists on that car - that it is just one sensual curve to the next is - in my opinion - the greatest appeal. The new GTS is nice, and I still prefer it over the SRT roadsters, but it's more chiseled. More... ...straight.

It took MUCH less time walking around the Carlisle fairgrounds for me to decide that the GTS Coupe was THE Viper of my Dreams. I might someday yearn for a new GTS, but the original Gen II will always be my favorite. Now, if only I could afford one with the "-R" suffix...

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will admit, the Gen 2 looks better and was my "first" so for me it will always be missed. I had done mods to it to make safer and perform better on those few track days that I would attend. The car was fast for a "stock motor" gen 2 and I could keep up with the gen 3 cars no problem.

The gen 4 is by far a better car and for a Viper is very refined. Not luxury refined. I have driven an '08 that was broken in, and I can't wait to get some miles on mine to hit the big pedal.

Hey Carl,

I saw your car right after you sold it. I belive it was on a Sunday since I was comming back from my friends house. Anyway, I was jumping on the freeway right around Dana Point heading north to Mission Viejo and as I was accelarating to jump on the fast lane I passed your ex car. I looked over expecting to see you when I realized it looked like a youger girl driving your car?? I then read the next day that you had sold it.:(

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
every time i am hurting for some money i consider selling mine. then i think to myself what are you nuts?? these are my dream cars. and i decide against selling.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Carl,

I saw your car right after you sold it. I belive it was on a Sunday since I was comming back from my friends house. Anyway, I was jumping on the freeway right around Dana Point heading north to Mission Viejo and as I was accelarating to jump on the fast lane I passed your ex car. I looked over expecting to see you when I realized it looked like a youger girl driving your car?? I then read the next day that you had sold it.:(

OK, be nice to Carl here, he already said he was in pain, no need to be telling him some young girl is driving his car.:omg:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Carl,

OK, be nice to Carl here, he already said he was in pain, no need to be telling him some young girl is driving his car.:omg:

Feel free to tell me about it :lmao:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been full circle and know exactly what your talking about. Had 2 GTS's, sold them for a 2006 VOI9, then went back to another GTS...

The bottom line is... THE GTS is one of the greatest looking cars ever made. BUT the performance is completely outdated...

So, if Performance is your thing.. The 09' will absolutely BLOW a GTS away... If looks are more important, the GTS is the way to go.. (Not to mention the Spare $50k you'd still have in your pocket.)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bottom line is... THE GTS is one of the greatest looking cars ever made. BUT the performance is completely outdated...

Who'd a thunk 450 horsepower is outdated?
Completely outdated no less.

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The ex said to me after she learned a woman bought the car..."You drove a chick car?"

Many know I gave my GTS away, expecially for what it included. However the price diffenterial was less than $50K. I drove it to work yesterday and got caught in the rain on the way home. It was not the white knuckle ride that the GTS provided. But I have to get me a skip shift eliminator....I'd like to shoot the legislator that proposed that stupid thing.

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you sell it to someone in OC? Just wondering if I will be seeing it around.

And yes, the guy..I mean the girl that bought the car got a smoking deal!!

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who'd a thunk 450 horsepower is outdated?
Completely outdated no less.

Jon, Have you had any seat time with an 08'??? The car is a monster.. Not "just" the horsepower.. Handling, braking, just the level of control all together.

yes, after driving an 08'. A stock GTS will feel like the ebrake is on... No offense, just a fact. I will always agree the GTS has the styling. The braking on an SRT is flat out amazing, world class.... geez, sensitive crew here..

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ex said to me after she learned a woman bought the car..."You drove a chick car?"

Many know I gave my GTS away, expecially for what it included. However the price diffenterial was less than $50K. I drove it to work yesterday and got caught in the rain on the way home. It was not the white knuckle ride that the GTS provided. But I have to get me a skip shift eliminator....I'd like to shoot the legislator that proposed that stupid thing.
Hey Rich man :lmao: What did you get:drive:

Big Brake Dave :drive:

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did you sell it to someone in OC? Just wondering if I will be seeing it around.

And yes, the guy..I mean the girl that bought the car got a smoking deal!!

She lives in No. County San Diego but has a boyfriend or something up in OC. Not sure where.

Yo Pres....got an '09. Spent my severance package from mot on the down. If I go to willow I'm shooting for a 2 minute lap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang