>>> MANNY'S CAR vs. WORLD'S FASTEST PRODUCTION BIKE -- 180+ MPH <<<

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>> MANNY\'S CAR vs. WORLD\'S FASTEST PRODUCTION BIKE -- 180+ MPH <<<

Guys, I hope the VCA doesn't pull this link. We went out of our way to find a closed course area that was as safe as we could make it for the event. I ended up driving well over 2 hours to get there (middle of the desert near where the Space shuttle lands), and so did the other guys.

Just so you know, the race was set up so I could run a stock Busa -- no pipe, no mapping, no nothing. Only one of the bikes there was like that, and I end up racing that bike 3 times.

A few things to consider -- The Suzuki Hayabusa, for those of you who do not know, has been the world's fastest production motorcycle for the past few years. Gerald (who owned a busa) would know more about this than me, but I think in 2000 Suzuki started to limit the top speed so that it would not go faster than 200 MPH.

After the race, I was told that the 1st Suzuki Hayabusa I raced was a Nitrous Bike, with the Nitrous pulled. It was still mapped for Nitrous.

My car on the other hand had full front splitter, rear wing, side splitter, etc. I know these front splitters, wings, side splitters, etc. are very useful on road courses, but I am curious how much speed and acceleration I lost because of it, especially at the 160 to 180 MPH speeds. Anybody know? And I had about 100+ pounds of gear in the back (it had in there what Doug Levin put in there when he shipped it to me, the old suspension set up in a box, part of the exhaust, my 5 point harnesses and assemblies, Part of the rollbar (side portions -- HEAVY) washer fluid and an assortment of other stuff. -- I never took it out. My thought was that the car was not spinning in 2nd gear, so maybe the extra weigh was helping it out, and I didn't want to start dicking with it since I was leaving for a 2 to 3 hour drive to meet the guys for the race)

I wanted to race my car in full street trim, the same as I would had this been a random encounter. I did NOTHING to the car other than add three gallons of higher octane gas in the car since 91 octane ***** and I wanted to avoid detonation. Speaking of which, in the 1st run (from the inside car camera angle) you will hear rattling and then me complain about how I thought the car was detonating. The car was not detonating -- as I was turning the car around after the race, I heard it again under moderate acceleration and noticed a screw that was in the shifter boot that was rattling against the shifter. PHEW! Went on for 6 more races after that at even faster speeds.

This was the 5th day of me getting this car -- I had only driven the car a few times and had only put 100 miles or so on the car before driving it up to the race. I had never punched the car from 2nd through 4th, let alone through 5th. I did punch it in 4th gear about 15 mins before getting to where we were meeting, just to see how it felt on the freeway, but that is all I could do as the freeway was pretty congested most of the way.

So, with all that said, I was ready to race and see what I could do. What the hell I thought -- why start video taping me beating slow bikes or fast mustangs... I might as well go right for the top of the food chain -- Ha!

I ran my car back to back to back against these bikes. My car stayed cool, but after the 1st 3 races, I opened the hood and let the car breathe for about 5 mins just in case and then we were off again.

In the 1st 3 races, just watch when the car is in 4th gear.

Here it is:

RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: >>> MANNY\'S CAR vs. WORLD\'S FASTEST PRODUCTION BIKE -- 180+ MPH <<<

great runs manny can't wait to see that car run.

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Damn Manny, that's some Badass...

Next time throw some passengers out of the car, and add some nitrous to kill even the Ninja...

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Levin is the greatest tuner out there (not that I'm prejudiced)

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I got this twice this morning from my BUSA buddies. They are in awe. The Busa board is going nuts. Great runs!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I remember me pulling a 'busa..
RavenFan, do a search on the board under supercharged viper and pull up the 20+ page thread about 9 months ago.. I love it..!!hahah My name on the board is "CanniBUsa"

One thing that must be noted is this guy was NOT an average rider. This guy was excellent if not one of the best from what we hear on the board anyways. A chance on the road encounter and guaranteed Manny would've walked all over him. :)

GTS-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That was a geeat video. It makes me want to get my car out. Thanks

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great vid Manny. Your car was slowing down throughout the day as you could see the camera bike started pulling on you in the later races, so long as it was the same bike. You can't help but slow a little beating on the car that much, it is impossible so far as I know to keep that much motor cool through all of that. Even without the heatsoak, I think the outcomes would have been similar against those last two freakin' super-bikes. Those things were truly incredible. Absolutely great showing against the stock and near stock bikes when your car was fresh.

Great job representing the best street car on the planet!

Chad

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great vid Manny. Your car was slowing down throughout the day as you could see the camera bike started pulling on you in the later races, so long as it was the same bike. You can't help but slow a little beating on the car that much, it is impossible so far as I know to keep that much motor cool through all of that. Even without the heatsoak, I think the outcomes would have been similar against those last two freakin' super-bikes. Those things were truly incredible. Absolutely great showing against the stock and near stock bikes when your car was fresh.

Great job representing the best street car on the planet!

Chad

Chad, you are right. If you watch the video of where I race the Nitrous Hayabusa, you'll see that Gar (the chase bike rider) does end up catching up to my car and pulls up to the side of me. As I shift into 5th gear, I start to pull him as well. Seems like my car pulls really hard in 5th compared to what the Busas pull at that speed.

Overall, we had a blast. My biggest thrill was hearing Kerry (the heavily modded ZX12) who was video taping from the side of the road, yell out how freaking fast my car is, as I fly by them slightly ahead of the Busa. That was awesome. Well that, and the side video of the busa guy tucked in at the side of my car for a handful of seconds -- that was awesome. You can get a guage of the speed by looking at the desert background behind the Busa from that angle.

-Manny

EuG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I’m speechless. WOW :eek: Awesome video!!! :2tu:
Can’t wait to see full quality one.

The way that modded busa (NickSlick) pulled away from a f**king 850+rwHP Viper, it seems unbeatable by anything on 4 wheels that doesn’t have a few sidewinder missles straped to it :eek: :eek: MY GOD :eek: :eek:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Damn..That is speed..Those bike are ridiculous...To make a 850+ Viper look like its not trying is not small feat...I dont think any streetlegal car can mess with the last two bikes :eek: :eek:

Thats one wicked Viper though. It always amazes me that no matter how much you mod a Viper the engine never sound like its working very hard. The advantages of cubes....Probably will trap bout 145-150 right??Those last two bikes must trap over 170-180 in the 1/4 jezus... :2tu: to everyone involved..Classy production...

Would like to see round 2 with the wing and front splitter removed and the extra weight out the car.....With all that it still beat a stock Busa :eek:

NatRT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Great video! I can't imagine a car that can stay even with a stock Busa! But God Almighty those last two bikes are insane! :eek:

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Still say it's time we roll out the Tomahawk against those guys!!

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is the best 20 minutes of video I have seen. This is what the internet was *really* invented for!!
Congratulations on a totally unbelieveable car, Manny!

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Doug Levin built me a fantastic car, no doubt. It is faaaast! I didn't even think about how much the front splitter and rear wing would affect my speeds, but after reading up on wings and splitters, I see they take a LOT of speed out of you on the top end. Even so, the DLM engine pushed through it.

I live in a pretty exclusive neighborhood that is VERY quiet, and they already hate me because I have a motorcyle (too loud) and my Rt-10 (too loud) and now my DLM car is going over the top. That and the local police want to pull me over every time they hear me. So although the car sounds bad ass tough, he's going to work on something to help me quiet this bad boy down and try to keep flow the way it is.

Isn;t that the way it is? When I got my RT/10, I took it to west coast viper and told them to make it LOUDER. Now that the novelty has worn off, I want my cars quieter. Sheeesh! ;)

-Manny

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Manny --

Consider one of those electronic cut-outs that were mentioned on the board a week or so ago. Hooked up right you could have mufflers when you need them and open it up when you don't. Just make sure that when its open the tuning length is appropriate for making the power you want.

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hisserman, I have Corsa's right now, so how would that work with these?

-M

C5

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Best car video ever!! let's hope you do it again with some other high power cars, maybe more Vipers and a Supra or two...

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The thread highlighted an electronic cut-out that could be triggered by a switch inside the car. When triggered the exhaust directs directly out, bypassing the muffler system. I couldn't find the website for the cut-out, but I've got it -- give me a day or so and I'll post it for you. In the meantime, here's another thread that relates: http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=UBB14&amp;Number=358317&amp;Forum=UBB14&amp;Words=cutout&amp;Match=Entire%20Phrase&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Old=3months&amp;Main=358275&amp;Search=true#Post358317

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Manny --

I found it. Here's the link to the electric cut-outs. They have to be installed by a tuner or someone who knows exhaust theory to work right. http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/

Just something to consider . . .

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Awesome runs!
:laugh:
I'd definately like to see round two, minus the wing/splitter/wipers/and folded mirrors.
:cool:

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Awesome runs!
:laugh:
I'd definately like to see round two, minus the wing/splitter/wipers/and folded mirrors.
:cool:

D'oh! I didn't fold in my mirrors. Figures! I am such a newbie.

Wipers? REally?

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

that is one of the best vids i have ever seen on the net :2tu:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Freekin fantastic. Wish I had that kinda money!

Excellent show, the car, the bikes, the testing, the editing. Fine piece of work all around.

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Manny --

I found it. Here's the link to the electric cut-outs. They have to be installed by a tuner or someone who knows exhaust theory to work right. http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/

Just something to consider . . .

Bruce, I dont think that will help me. From what I can tell, that simply allows you to bypass your muffler for even more noise, and when you shut the flap, it comes out normally through your exhaust. My issue is that my exhaust is too loud as it is. I need to do something to it to quiet it down. If I am even half throttle on this thing, the coffee a cop is dunking his donut into a mile away from me, shakes!

Manny

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang