Maybe time to sell the Viper....

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Business has been booming for me lately and I am in the position to be able to move into a more exotic vehicle that I have always wanted but not sure if I really want to get rid of the Viper. If I had more room for it I would definitely hold on to it but my Euro itch is coming back. I thought I would put it out here on the regional forum before I put it up for sale Nationally. A few of you out there know my car and how anal I am so please give some positive feedback when necessary.

It's a 2001 GTS Red no stripes with Black interior, 10.8K miles with Max Care Warranty till 12/31/11. Current list of mods and maintenance done:

New water pump 1K miles ago
Brand new clutch, pressure plate and release bearing installed by Safford Dodge, Jeff the Viper Tech, just over 200 miles
New Nitto Invos, 250 miles
HRE 895R with fresh powder coat, 19 F's 20 R's, Matte black centers with Black polished lips
KW V2 Coilovers, just under 1k miles
2010 ACR Brembo calipers with new rotors and EBC pads, just under 1k miles (did same time as suspension) with braided lines
Borla Cat back and Roe Hi-Flow Cats
Belanger headers with ceramic coating (inner and outer) Not Installed yet
Smooth tubes with K&N filters
Kenwood head unit with Kicker fronts, stock rears, tweeters and amp.
Custom floor mats and trunk mat
Center armrest support
IPSCO inner sill covers
IPSCO short shifter
HID's (Headlighs and Fogs)
Powder coated chin guard to match the car

At the moment I am open to discuss offers is someone wants all the mods but can put back to stock wheels, brakes and suspension if they choose. I will post new pics as soon as I can get some of the new wheels.

My first Viper Meet
You must be registered for see images attach

@ Ptuning for an alignment

Showing BBK, KW's and Hi Flow Cats

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, I'll ask, what are you getting!!!!?????

I've been getting an itch for a Ferrari 348 and there is a nice one here locally but the maintenance scares me and that is what keeps me from pulling the trigger :(

OP
OP
G

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I'll ask, what are you getting!!!!?????

I've been getting an itch for a Ferrari 348 and there is a nice one here locally but the maintenance scares me and that is what keeps me from pulling the trigger :(

Not sure.... I'm looking at a bigger garage first, if not most likely a Gallardo and go TT.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I get to hob-knob with some owners of exotic SOBs (Some Other Brands) and even drive a few.....and I can tell you that, IF YOU DRIVE IT regularly, the driving satisfaction is no better on the other side. And maybe waaay worse. What if you pop NOW, and the G-5 Viper sings its naked-on-the-beach siren song in 10 mos? Wait for G-5 and enjoy the ride til then?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with Jon B, you gotta wait till you at least see the new Gen 5.
For me the next step would be a Ford GT.
Lambos and F cars are a dime a dozen around here.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having owned many cars, and I have participated in many clubs. Honestly there is a difference in people that own different marques. The Corvette crowd is very different, the Ferrari crowd again is even a different type of people. I like the type of people I have found in the Viper community as well as thinking the car is the best out there (for me). The new Viper isn't that far off, wait and see.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn Mark! Can't believe I'm reading this. Your car is definitely perfect though, with nice tasteful mods as well. If it does sell, someone will definitely be blown away by the quality of your car!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After I sold my 03, I joined a local Luxury Toy Club auto time share where I had the opportunity to drive all the fun stuff. Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Z06 Vette, Spyker, BMW Alpine. They also offered Yachts, Helicopters and private jets.

After all that, when it came time to buy my own exotic, I realized that only Viper would allow me to beat on it without incurring massive maintenance expenses.

Only thing I really lusted for was the Ferrari California 7 speed dual clutch auto. Other than that, Viper more than fulfilled my need for speed.

Every time I got giggy with the foreign stuff, I got that nagging feeling that something expensive was going to break. With my Vipers I have never experienced that worry.

Agree'd. Gotta wait for the V.

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey bud, I'm kinda with you on this one. My laser hair removal business has really worked out for me and I'm thinking about a move. Hate to say it, but as much as I love the Vipes....I'm a car guy and I want to see what else is out there. Definitely thinking that I might regret the decision though. Hanging tight for now. Gen V could be epic. Great buy for someone.

OP
OP
G

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well a friend with a Murci is selling and has been keeping me interested in a Gallardo but at the same time I think I will wait for the Gen V and see if I should just keep both. Ultimately I would like to keep it and add another but not sure if it's realistic at my point in life, single and travel all the time. I am going to continue to work on it through the Winter, add the headers and a few more mods, then see how I feel come March. As all my Viper friends state I am anal and I love my Viper so it has been taken care of so maybe you guys will convince me to stay. When I first heard Kelly was leaving I was very disappointed but again thought maybe I need to move on, but again this is by far one of the best car clubs I've been apart of with a lot of room for improvement. As stated, when driven I have no concerns for breakage, this monster takes it hard, so the Viper mostly likely will always be in my garage. One of my favorite moments was a recent Bull Run I went on that a Corvette was behind me, all Z06 done up, came up to me at the end of the run telling me my $hit was turbo'd, I insisted on popping my hood to prove it wasn't. He said "Can't BS a BS'r" and looked under my exhaust claiming I had rear mounts. He didn't see anything and stood up as I opened my hood and asked "why does it sound like it's whining". I told him it doesn't, I was just pulling on you so it was the wind making noise as I pulled away, he looked at me and smiled. Respect earned!

ACR_VP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've already decided I'm not selling mine until my health makes it difficult. Seeing as I'm only 24, that's a long ways away. The marginal amount of money I would get for it if I were to sell it anytime soon isn't worth the fun of owning it for the next X years. My advice, if business is booming, wait a year and save, you'd likely accumulate more money than if you were to simply sell it today, and you would still have your viper.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm betting you were not at VOI and so did not see the Gen5.
Those of us that did will tell you it will blow any desire to switch to an exotic away.
And Ralph said the interior will be so nice you will want to drive it naked!

OP
OP
G

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm betting you were not at VOI and so did not see the Gen5.
Those of us that did will tell you it will blow any desire to switch to an exotic away.
And Ralph said the interior will be so nice you will want to drive it naked!

I did not, so I will wait.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
.................I think I will wait for the Gen V and see if I should just keep both. .........I love my Viper so it has been taken care of so maybe you guys will convince me to stay........

Welcome back from a short visit to the darkside.............

OP
OP
G

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn Mark...glad to hear business is booming, but will be sorry to see you go!

Well I still have my VENOM membership so I plan to use it for the year and come out to the meets.... Unfortunately the Viper just sits and I would rather let someone else enjoy what I have put into it than just sit, plus I'm loving my new daily (RRS SC'd). I will be back once I settle down more with my lady and buying a bigger space for a garage. It's hard living in a Condo in NYC and having my Viper in MD at my buddies house.

If you know anyone let me know, If I can sell it within a month I'll through on a clear bra for free and all my stock parts.

OP
OP
G

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.... Old thread back from the dead. In two years I have barely but a few hundred miles on this car. It's going up for sale.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62