MCS new product poll

Would you consider purchasing a non remote reservoir shock system from MCS?

• Total voters

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I meant to respond to this and it fell through the cracks... Paul pretty much answered the Nitrogen questions, any high pressure gas shock made today uses Nitrogen to control foaming, although the MCS design goes a step further and can use it to add some "lifting force". This action controlled by canister pressure can actually add small amounts of "spring rate" to fine tune setups without needing to change springs in small amounts. The Remote shocks have this ability and to a much lesser degree the non remotes will also. The limited volume in the non remotes and the slightly smaller shaft size reduce this affect. We have decided that the Non remote singles will ship with 200psi and you will likely never need to worry about adjusting them or servicing them. If you do want to experiment with different pressures though you will have that capability.

Thanks and sorry for the delayed response.

BTW the first wave of shocks will ship next week so thank you first 5 for your orders, the next shipments will follow shortly so thanks for your patients.

What patients? We're not doctors (not most of us) and if we were, we wouldn't give you our patients! :D

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have ordered 5 sets of the SRT single adjustable non remotes and they should be ready to ship in about 3 weeks. ..............

The target price for the package with springs and helpers is $3200 ...............................

How about us Gen2 guys? Availability/price?

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
How about us Gen2 guys? Availability/price?

The Gen2 cars are also supported, although the change in the rear mounting fork cost a little more because of the small volume. Retail for the shocks and springs is $3650, but I can save you a little when you buy the package. The demand for these has been much greater then I even thought it would be and the supply of parts is depleted for the next 3 weeks till we can have a batch of shafts built for these. I have currently the last 2 of the 15 sets, being built this week. I can have them switched to the Gen2 forks if needed.

Thanks,

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
Just an update if anyone was thinking about the new MCS's I have 1 set of Gen2 singles and 3 sets of Gen3-5 singles on the shelf now. I know it has been a few weeks, but it takes time to get all the correct parts machined so I ordered 8 more sets worth of parts. There are only 2 sets of Gen2 forks at the moment though. The first 16 sets went faster then I thought so we got behind, but now I have some inventory.

Thanks for your "patience", :D

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
5/21/13 update, SOLD everything I had yesterday and this morning!... thanks, but now waiting on shock bodies from the anodizer, so 10 days for the next 2 Gen3/5 sets and then 1-3 weeks out. If you are considering a purchase at least get with me and on a list, I call customers based on that list when they come in. I have ordered 15 sets with a 70/30 mix Gen3/5 and Gen2's.

I am sorry for any delays on the next shipment and I'm trying along with the guys at MCS to get ahead of the demand so I can actually keep some stock longer.

Thanks again,
Mark

Just an update if anyone was thinking about the new MCS's I have 1 set of Gen2 singles and 3 sets of Gen3-5 singles on the shelf now. I know it has been a few weeks, but it takes time to get all the correct parts machined so I ordered 8 more sets worth of parts. There are only 2 sets of Gen2 forks at the moment though. The first 16 sets went faster then I thought so we got behind, but now I have some inventory.

Thanks for your "patience", :D

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5/21/13 update, SOLD everything I had yesterday and this morning!... thanks, but now waiting on shock bodies from the anodizer, so 10 days for the next 2 Gen3/5 sets and then 1-3 weeks out. If you are considering a purchase at least get with me and on a list, I call customers based on that list when they come in. I have ordered 15 sets with a 70/30 mix Gen3/5 and Gen2's.

I am sorry for any delays on the next shipment and I'm trying along with the guys at MCS to get ahead of the demand so I can actually keep some stock longer.

Thanks again,
Mark

Well, I guess there shouldn't be a question anymore about whether or not there is a market for such an offering.

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Mark ! Nice to see the Gen 5 , Benefits from MCS Suspension . Just wondering what the difference is compared to Stock Shocks . :)

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Mark ! Nice to see the Gen 5 , Benefits from MCS Suspension . Just wondering what the difference is compared to Stock Shocks . :)

I think the ride is better, there is nothing really wrong with the stock stuff. The MCS will just allow better tailoring of the handling, rate changes if you want and ride height adjustment. These are all things most Viper owners want when they get the Mod bug ;-)

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
FYI, I received 1 set of the SRT singles yesterday and one set of doubles (rushed for me) for anyone that doesn't want to wait for the full batch to arrive!

Thank you,

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
Update, just received 2 sets of doubles for the SRT and one set of singles, my list is caught up so these are ready to ship. :drive:

Thanks!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a further update to installation of a set of single adjustables on my 09.

These shocks are a fantastic upgrade over both the stock shocks and the KW Variant 2's previously installed.

With over 30,000 miles on the car, I am very satisfied with the results.

These shocks provide not only better handling and control, but a far smoother and quieter ride. The pogo feeling is totally gone, and replaced with a more planted feeling.

The thunking noise i got from the KW's is gone.

I needed to adjust them up just a little to prevent bottoming out on rough back roads at higher speeds. These shocks take advantage of all the travel available and are not bound up like the KW.

The skittish feeling on bumpy roads is gone, and you can put the power down much easier getting out of corners.

Have to say these shocks have gone a long way to increasing the enjoyment of our Viper. Not only are they a huge value, but provide even bigger dividens in driving pleasure

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave