MCS review

lotti

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Been waiting to buy some coilovers for quite sometime did not want send close to 5k but also wanted a quality product. I was just about to pull the trigger on the MCS resovior coilovers when they came out with a single adjustable non-resovoir unit (el cheapo). Well they came in last week install completed yesterday and somewhat setup today. The car is pretty much slammed down about finger gap up front and to my surprise it rides soo much better then factor. the harsh bouncy feel on the interstate is gone and have yet to expierence wheel hop under hard acceleration. On a very spirited drive on my favorite back roads the car is soo much more planted especially over bumps. Why I have waited this long for suspensions mods is beyond me it will be my first mod in the future, I would like to thank Mark at Woodhouse for a trouble free purchase.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunatley people just don't understand until you own this setup, or something similiar. It truly makes ownership so much better, and even moreso for owners like you and I who are slammed. I've got my Motons set near full soft and its just incredible. It took a lot of adjusting to get to this point (I kept assuming it needed to be much firmer).

Bottom line - it's a ton of money, but the enjoyment level is off the charts. If I bought a bone stock used Viper, high end coil overs and 3.55 or 3.73 gears would be the first mods!

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds great. Any pictures of the install? I'm looking forward to this upgrade but want to see what the guinea pigs feedback is and if there are any issue identified on the first production run

OP
OP
L

lotti

Viper Owner
Reaction score
easy install couple hours getting height adjusted will take awhile to get it how I want it

You must be registered for see images attach

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not having to run the remote canisters (and mount them) would make that install a breeze...it's too bad these weren't around when I ordered my MCS shocks last summer/fall, but I'm still happy with what I have.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
easy install couple hours getting height adjusted will take awhile to get it how I want it

Wow, your wheel wells are entirely too clean. Are you sure you drive the car? lol ;)

I'm interested in the price difference between these and their resevoir setup as well. Been debating a suspension upgrade to smoothe out the ride since I daily drive mine and for if I ever manage to make it to a track day.

Reaction score
There is $1750 difference retail fron singles to doubles.

Wow, your wheel wells are entirely too clean. Are you sure you drive the car? lol ;)

I'm interested in the price difference between these and their resevoir setup as well. Been debating a suspension upgrade to smoothe out the ride since I daily drive mine and for if I ever manage to make it to a track day.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are not listed on the MCS site (or I couldn't find them), what are the specs on them please? Rebound and Compression adjustment? Reuse your stock springs or are new ones supplied with them (I have an 09 ACR for example)? Thanks-

Reaction score
The single adjustable are not listed yet because since I helped get them going I guess I'm the only distributor right now. They are height adjustable and have 15 step rebound adjustments. You would want the double adjustable with remote canisters though for an ACR. They add a 15 step compression adjustment also. Either shock can have the nitrogen pressure adjusted to increase tuning of the shock although the single adjustable will be shipped with the optimum pressures already.

Stock springs or ACR springs will not work, We sell the Eibach 2.25" race springs and the helper springs. We have the 500/800 setup in stock as they are the best solution for a dual purpose non Aero Viper. ACR Vipers would need a higher rates that can be custom tailored to what you want.

These are not listed on the MCS site (or I couldn't find them), what are the specs on them please? Rebound and Compression adjustment? Reuse your stock springs or are new ones supplied with them (I have an 09 ACR for example)? Thanks-

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Mark for the info.

The single adjustable are not listed yet because since I helped get them going I guess I'm the only distributor right now. They are height adjustable and have 15 step rebound adjustments. You would want the double adjustable with remote canisters though for an ACR. They add a 15 step compression adjustment also. Either shock can have the nitrogen pressure adjusted to increase tuning of the shock although the single adjustable will be shipped with the optimum pressures already.

Stock springs or ACR springs will not work, We sell the Eibach 2.25" race springs and the helper springs. We have the 500/800 setup in stock as they are the best solution for a dual purpose non Aero Viper. ACR Vipers would need a higher rates that can be custom tailored to what you want.

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any pre/post pictures of the car? Especially interested in '/post' pictures :eater:

OP
OP
L

lotti

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any pre/post pictures of the car? Especially interested in '/post' pictures :eater:

Have not taken pictures of the car yet right now I have 18" OZ rims on the front looks great but the back still looks a little redicluse with the hoosier drag radails they are on about 25" tall couple on inches shorter then stock. I ordered some tires today (Micky Thompson) which are about the same size as factory I will finish adjusting when I get them on. I have the stock 5 spokes but will not put them on until a month or so I want to get down to the dragstrip before it gets to hot (hoping to see some 10.50's with the talller tire).

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You had the red Gen IV that went 10.7x on minor bolt-ons, right? Awesome car!!

Have not taken pictures of the car yet right now I have 18" OZ rims on the front looks great but the back still looks a little redicluse with the hoosier drag radails they are on about 25" tall couple on inches shorter then stock. I ordered some tires today (Micky Thompson) which are about the same size as factory I will finish adjusting when I get them on. I have the stock 5 spokes but will not put them on until a month or so I want to get down to the dragstrip before it gets to hot (hoping to see some 10.50's with the talller tire).

OP
OP
L

lotti

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You had the red Gen IV that went 10.7x on minor bolt-ons, right? Awesome car!!

Yes that is me, went 10.61 last year on a 80 degree day, was not able to get out in the fall ripped my knee all up on the dirt bike pretty bad could not drive for months

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So sorry to hear, hope you have fully recovered! 10.61 is wicked fast. Sounds like she has 10.50's in her on a good day. Congratulations on having one of the fastest sickest Gen IVs around!

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picked up my MCS today , and as allways Mark is a class act . Delivered as promised and very well packaged ! :2tu:
Thanks for going the Extra Mile Mark ! :)

Reaction score
Picked up my MCS today , and as always Mark is a class act . Delivered as promised and very well packaged ! :2tu:
Thanks for going the Extra Mile Mark ! :)

Thanks Jay, hope you can get them on and enjoy soon!

BTW that is how MCS ships all their products, even more great service from a classy company and the reason they are who I choose to associate with ;-)

Take care my friend,

junior

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Jay , dis you order yours in Ontario ? And how much dis you pay, i need to fix on of my shock , I might go for that

Reaction score
Thanks Jay, AND thank you Junior for your order. :2tu:

Down to set #15 only one left for 3-4 weeks till more shafts are built! :drive: sure wish they could get them sooner, but the quality of the parts is what makes them great!

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark...are the inner fenders designed similiar to the Gen III & IVs? Especially the rears for us who wanna slam in the future?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to take a moment to thank Mark for putting this together, and believe he has a product that will be well received by the ViperNation.

I had Todd Abrams of A&C order up a set of these to install on my 09 Coupe. He took off my pretty nice KW Variant IIs and installed these new MSC non resivoir shocks. Took them out today for my first ride, and was amazed at how much better they are. They ride smooth, and you have a great feeling of being connected to the road. They are much easier when going over *** holes or botts dots. The pogo stick ride I experienced with my previous shocks is totally gone, as well as that annoying double click many people get from the KW's.

Will report is a separate thread as to the differences, but think this shock is perhaps the perfect shock for the majority of Viper Owners.

Braking accelleration, as well as cornering are vastly improved. The control improvement is night and day.

I was kind of a giney pig for this shock, but my initial impression is nothing but positive.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets