Michelins new Pilor Super Sport

OP
OP
L

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really? That's actually perfect since I always wanted 345s over 335s, just could never get them being the 30 sidewall on a 20" wheel.

**I'm sorry if this was already posted, but I don't have time to scroll up and read everything....when are these for sale or are they already? And for how much per tire? :confused:

we already have most sizes in stock :2tu:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So, Luke , any more news on when they think they may do the 19s to fit a Viper? Noticed there are 18s that would fit, but no 19s that are big enough. I know you mentioned it would be later, so any updates on how much later?

Thanks

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Anthony, with lowered on 30/r20 rears, do you get rubbing on the wheel arch?? what springs are you using?

My current PS2s are:
Michelin Pilot Sport 2, 295/30/ZR19 Front
Michelin Pilot Sport 2, 335/30/ZR20 Rear

Would they be the same sizes as these? I got my car lowered on KW2s and had the height all set up perfectly. Was wondering if they would be the same, so I could just swap them in without no extra work in adjusting the coilovers..

Thanks,
Anthony

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dead jealous of Peter Saywell when he turned up at the top gear track in his new Agera 2 weeks ago: 9 month old 335/30/r20 PSSs !
You must be registered for see images attach

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The super sports are designed for longer track life. They have a harder rubber on the outside edges than the softer inside ones. A winter/summer blend if you will.

The cords used allow the tire to run flatter on the track, and reduce the crowning normally seen. This not only gives greater traction, but better tread wear across the tire.

Believe after these get used on some track events the results will be very positive.

The tires are lighter than the previous generation which should help also.

I have had them on for a few weeks now, and just got back from a run up and down the mountain to Lake Arrowhead. They worked fantastic, and stuck in situations that the previous Nitto's would have washed out in the front end.

These tires run smooth and quiet.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul,

What size tires are you running?

The super sports are designed for longer track life. They have a harder rubber on the outside edges than the softer inside ones. A winter/summer blend if you will.

The cords used allow the tire to run flatter on the track, and reduce the crowning normally seen. This not only gives greater traction, but better tread wear across the tire.

Believe after these get used on some track events the results will be very positive.

The tires are lighter than the previous generation which should help also.

I have had them on for a few weeks now, and just got back from a run up and down the mountain to Lake Arrowhead. They worked fantastic, and stuck in situations that the previous Nitto's would have washed out in the front end.

These tires run smooth and quiet.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
275/30 ZR19
345/30 ZR20

I had the car raised 1/2" up and a fresh alignment.

Running KW Variant 2 shocks/springs.

No rubbing so far for street use. Just drove up and down a mountain at fun speed with full tank and a passenger.

No track use with these yet.

They track well, do not tramline, are quiet, and stickier than the Nitto's.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
275/30 ZR19
345/30 ZR20

I had the car raised 1/2" up and a fresh alignment.

Running KW Variant 2 shocks/springs.

No rubbing so far for street use. Just drove up and down a mountain at fun speed with full tank and a passenger.

No track use with these yet.

They track well, do not tramline, are quiet, and stickier than the Nitto's.

How do these compare to the PS2s? Also did you raise the car so that they would fit? I have 20x13 wheels and was looking at the same setup as you but I'm afraid it would not fit since my car is lowered with motons. Thanks.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I purchased my 09 it had 25 aspect Nitto's and was slammed with KW Variant 2. It rubbed a bit at that height, so I raised it up to make it more driveable.

After installing the PSS tires I raised it a bit more to clear the rear 30 aspect tires.

If you have an adjustable suspension you can set the car to any ride height you wish.

The lowest ride heights look the best, but you get rubbing, poor track handling, and poor drivability over bumps and going up driveways.

As most things, once you get away from stock, you are going the need to make comprimises.

The 30 aspect tires really fill up the rear wheel wells, and have a pretty beefy look. Got lots of complements from other Viper owners. I really like the look, and the enhanced performance, better ride and lack of tramlining are all major positives for my normal street driving and going to Viper events with the Southern California Club.

Will try to post some pictures.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Paul! I think the the fatter tire is the way to go as I've already bent my front rims on my benz here on the lovely nyc roads :evilmad:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pictures of 19/20 combo with Pilot SuperSports on 09 SRT Coupe

Think the rear fills out the wheel well perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_1237.jpg
    IMG_1237.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1223.jpg
    IMG_1223.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1221.jpg
    IMG_1221.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1219.jpg
    IMG_1219.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 116

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks so much for taking these pics. I think, for me, I still prefer the shorter sidewalk of the Invo/Pirelli.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of these waiting for me at Tator's for install. Thanks John B. :2tu:

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch, Paul! This was very helpful because I have been looking for the right tires to fit the new HREs I have been eyeing for quite a while. Your wheel/tire changes didn't affect the speedometer calibration?

OP
OP
L

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch, Paul! This was very helpful because I have been looking for the right tires to fit the new HREs I have been eyeing for quite a while. Your wheel/tire changes didn't affect the speedometer calibration?

We are a full line HRE wheel dealer and also a Michelin tire dealer so, we can do the wheels and tires for you with new sensors to make installation as simple as possible

give me a call directly if you would like to discuss any of the products we offer

you could drop me an email if you prefer ... [email protected]

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luke;

Any word on the exact date of the release of stock GEN III sizes in the Super Sports? It is obvious that Michelin is not releasing it due to back stock of PS2s and maybe even Sport Cups. To offer ever size but the "one " size of the rear GEN III Viper tires is absurd. That is their base audience. It is very clear they will phase out the PS2s in this size after selling stock, so can they not just give us a date already?

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are a full line HRE wheel dealer and also a Michelin tire dealer so, we can do the wheels and tires for you with new sensors to make installation as simple as possible

give me a call directly if you would like to discuss any of the products we offer

you could drop me an email if you prefer ... [email protected]

Thanks, Luke - I will talk to you later.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
c65491, They are not being produced in the 18"or19" Viper Rear(335or345) sizes yet.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Making us wait is absurd! :mad:
But I guess that's what you get whne you're dealing with the French:rant:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave