MIGHT BE SELLING B/W GTS

xcesshp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all, I am thinking of sell my latest toy. Its a 1997 B/W GTS. Anyone have any suggestions on how much?? It has:
Brand new Purner Wheels and Pirelli tires. Maybe 100 miles in them
Muffler Delete w/ MagnaFlow Tips
Short shifter w/Shift handle.
19,200 miles
Close to perfect car/ clean car fax

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=530112&Forum=UBB14&Words=xcesshp&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=529672&Search=true#Post530112
Try to copy and paste

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice car. Only problem I see is the milage. A viper is one of only a few cars that 20k miles would be considered high.

Recently there have been alot of B/W's for sale with under 10K miles. They seem to be selling for about $50k. I would say your car is worth about $42K. This is what I paid for my 2000 GTS with simular miles.

Bill

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$42k.....no way, to low. It might be best to sale the wheels extra. JonB just posted one for sale...23k miles with an extended warranty for $45k

I guess with 68,000 miles on mine I would have to pay to have it hauled off :rolleyes:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand that line of thinking that a car with 19K is old. Most other car's in the world and that wouldn't even be broken in. Something about a Viper that makes it less durable if it has been well cared for? Sure, it might be worth a few less dollars but it's hardly ready for the scrap heap.
Well, except for 1TONY1's.... :ooo:

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The reason people think 19k miles is high mileage is because they compare it to other cars on the market. If 80% of the B/W's for sale right now have less than 20k miles it makes the 20k mile one "high".

I would start it at 51k with the wheels. I would guess it is worth mid 40's or better.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice car. Only problem I see is the milage. A viper is one of only a few cars that 20k miles would be considered high.

Recently there have been alot of B/W's for sale with under 10K miles. They seem to be selling for about $50k. I would say your car is worth about $42K. This is what I paid for my 2000 GTS with simular miles.

Bill
I agree, when I decide to make the move it has to be under 10,000 miles. Low forties is as high as I would go. Not trying to offend anyone but everybody think their car is worth more than it is when they try to sell it, me included. She is pretty... On the flip side of the coin if you price it high eventually somebody will probably pay it. How much time do you have.

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IMO, it depends on how bad you want to sell, and how bad a buyer wants to buy. Ultimately you can only sell something for what someone's willing to pay for it. It is a clean car, and I think $ 45K is a reasonable price. You could probably put stock wheels back on it and sell it for $ 45, and find a buyer for the wheels that are on it.

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know someone who is very interested in buying it. What do you want for it. I don't think he cares about the wheels, so you can put the stock ones back on if you want and sell the wheels.

I am sure if he sees this he will PM you.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I owned that car I would start in the mid 50's. Why give it away? Is he in a hurry? There have been more than a few with similar mods/miles go for mid 50's.

RD

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think those wheel are going to add much value, nice as they are. Hope you still have the stock rims to sell with the car. Not everybody likes the bling.

cobramadness

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm interested in the car if you decide to sell it. PM me what you are wanting to get for it.

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man...why don't you give a price so we can all see how much you want for it. Is it really for sale? lol...

36rod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think it is really for sale because I am very intrested
and I PM him but know response.

OP
OP
X

xcesshp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello again,
Thanks so much for your input. I am waiting for the
factory wheels to come back from the chrome shop. Thought I was going to keep the car for a while. Good news and bad. Wife just gave birth to our perfect baby girl. Also just found out 3 year old son is pretty sick. I was just trying to figure out what its worth. I will list for $50k with the factory chrome wheels. Thanks for your help!!!