Mobil 1 10w30 at Walmart 5 quarts for $17.78

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't know if Walmarts pricing is regional or not, but I just picked up two 5 quart jugs of Mobil 1 for 17.78 down from 23.76 for the last year or so, that is here in Tampa, FL area. That's about a 12 dollar savings on one oil change for me, what can I say I am a cheap bastard.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Indy area Wal-Marts are selling it for $19.94 for the 5 quart jugs...so you are getting the stuff at a much better price. I have stocked up on 10w-30, 5w-20, and 15w-50 for various applications.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to get too political but I'm not stepping a foot in the door of a Walmart for anything.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, 17.78! I'd buy 20 jugs and cover oil changes for the next 3-5 years. Thats $3.55 a quart!!!

LQQK_OUT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, 17.78! I'd buy 20 jugs and cover oil changes for the next 3-5 years. Thats $3.55 a quart!!!

You do realize that there are a number of different opinions on the shelf life of oil. Not sure I would want it sitting around for 5 years in my garage before I use it.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
According to these guys:

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Car_Care/AskMobil/Mobil1_Shelf_Life.aspx

Shelf Life of Unopened Mobil 1 Quarts
Question: Does Mobil 1
synthetic motor oil (in an unopened quart) have any sort of shelf
life, like conventional motor oil?

CO
You must be registered for see images
Answer: ExxonMobil recommends a five year maximum shelf-life
for engine oils, including Mobil 1.

20 5gal jugs (10 oil changes) would last me at most 3 years anyway.

OP
OP
V

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score

It actually might have been a misprice, cause in the normal oil isle it had listed the price to be 19.94 like everyone else is reporting, but in a couple isle's over on the end they had an overstock with big 17.78 roll back the price numbers at the top of the display, it rang up 17.78 at the register though, so I ain't complaining.

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Walmart; $19.94 here in Renton, Washington (Seattle), PLUS we get to pay a whopping 8.9% sales tax, yielding $21.71.

Later,

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll never spend a dollar in Walmart. Price doesn't matter, sometimes principals and standards are more of an issue than saving a couple bucks.

OP
OP
V

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll never spend a dollar in Walmart. Price doesn't matter, sometimes principals and standards are more of an issue than saving a couple bucks.

It's cool everyone has to stand for something. I just posted as general info for the cheap folks out there like myself so they could possible save a few dollars. :D

Hadn't planned on starting a political war or anything.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see what principles are being assaulted by patronizing Walmart. It's not supposed to be a job that makes someone working there rich. The local Dodge dealer was looking for porters for all of $7/hr a little while ago. They're McJobs afterall.

Some people work McJobs while in school, some make it a lifetime career..or a stop on the way down.

- We were at Walmart buying a doorknob a while back, and after I made a joke about teaching my wife how to install it, the +50yo cashier started bragging how SHE never let her husband teach her ANYTHING, nor pull any whose-job-it-is role reversal switches on HER yadda-yadda.

Alrighty then..

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's cool everyone has to stand for something. I just posted as general info for the cheap folks out there like myself so they could possible save a few dollars. :D

Hadn't planned on starting a political war or anything.

Sorry I didn't mean to sound so harsh. Walmart does so many things bad it is tough to know where to start. Did you know they dictate morality to recording artists by not selling certain music, while they are the number one music retailer? (want your stuff sold there? it better be what they want.) They dictate also on the printed publishing also. When Howard Sterns book was number one on the new york times best seller list, they published numbers 2 through 11 so as not to push Howard sterns book. (no I am not a Howard Fan) One might think they locate their stores where the rent is cheap? no, it is where the workforce is cheap and they can only afford to shop at "the company store". Henry Ford insisted that everyone that builds a ford should be able to purchase the product they manufacture, So also walmart is sure that their employees can only afford to shop at the place they work also. someone already addressd the payscale and benefits.

I am sorry I did not mean to hijack this thread, and I do appreciate a heads up when I can save a buck, but walmart pushes my buttons.

Ok I am down from my soap box now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62