Mobil Speedpass/Viper Computer

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been having some computer problems with my 92 RT10.

The alarm had been malfuntioning, could not run my car.

So I took the car in to Fitzgeralds this morning. First thing the service manager said; IS THAT A MOBIL SPEED PASS?

Yes. Well Crysler released a bulletin stating that the Mobil Speed pass will cause problems with the electronics in your Viper!

Who da thunk? Looks like I will need a new computer for the security system.

I would have never quessed that.

So be aware, a Mobil Speedpass should not be attached to a key F.O.B. that belongs to your Viper.

-Jeff

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are They Charging You? Well we will see. That has not been determined as yet.

Speedpass in the trunk? I do not know if the problem is limited to the key FOB or the whole system. But the repair involves both the key FOB and the Computer.

At this point and time. That speedpass is getting no where near my Viper or the key FOB.

-Jeff t

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
So what happens if the guy next to you at the station has speedpass? ... or if your passenger happens to be carrying a speedpass in his pocket?

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not think that short term exposure will cause a problem. It took about 7-10 days of having the speedpass on the same keychain as the key FOB.

But it really messed things up.

-Jeff T

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Mobil Speedpass is a type of gas key. A small transmitter that identifies your credit account at Mobil Gas Stations.

Just wave it at the receiver on the pump. Then pump your gas and your ready to go. Of course the bill does come in the mail every month.

-Jeff

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte