mods to new viper 2014

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2006 coupe. corsa track exhaust, random cats, 170 thermo, 354 gears otherwise stock perfect with 16000 miles original tires still like new. I want to get the new 2014 but like the mods to my car, like the exhaust sound reliability and running all day at 175 F. What can be done to the new ones such as exhaust and temperature, What kind of resale price can I expect car is perfect condition red exterior.. Of course how much to get the 2014 only concern is no black interior hate it..; Thanks Richard

mblgjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far theres no real need for cooling mods.

BBG, ARH & Bellanger offer headers though the car sounds amazing in stock form.

Some prefer 3.73 or 4.10 gears; but to me the car is perfect with the stock 3.55

Good luck finding a GenV with Sepia or Red interior; theres still a few out there.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
do they not make a low temp thermostat or will the 170 I am now using work in the 14 and can we adjust the computer to change the fan settings. are there low restriction cats and mufflers like the random cats and corsa track I am using now...What temp does the new 14 run at I really like seeing the temp gauge at 175 with the air on during the summer I never worry about overheating being in and around nyc..

EdwardETraylorIII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The engine in the Gen V was designed to run in the 185-200 degree range for optimal efficiency. Hundreds of Millions of Dollars were spent to optimize this engine. What exactly do you think you are gaining by lowering it's operating temperature into the 170's?

Perhaps if you are altering ports, changing fuel type, changing compression ratio and significantly altering timing then a temp adjustment might be warranted.

Yes, you can control the fan on/off in the HPT tables.

mblgjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sat in traffic for at least an hour (more) in NYC getting across the GW bridge. No overheating ;)