MOPAR PERFORMANCE Exhaust Prices

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know some of the vendors on the site offer discounts to VCA members on MOPAR Perf. parts.

Who here has the best price on P4510608 Exhaust kit (Gen 3) off of a list of $545.00

thanks

nazology

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has been a popular discussion, one guy has installed it and said he is satisfied. But stated he had it "Mig"welded just for extra security. Im not sure if that just means its welded on at the parts where it connects to the other exhaust parts. I was quoted at 499, but that could have been before shipping.

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard that this exhaust is louder than the Corsa Track (which is louder than I want on my SRT). Anybody heard this exhaust and can comment?

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I worked with borla on these systems. They prototyped them
on several of my customers cars before they were built for Mopar. They do have a good sound at idle and save some weight off the car. At high rpm they tend to wheeze a bit, so we went with the Corsa system. You can really tell a big difference between the two setups when you run them at the track. The Corsa just sounds better (at twice the cost). Just my opinion,
your may be different.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This has been a popular discussion, one guy has installed it and said he is satisfied. But stated he had it "Mig"welded just for extra security. Im not sure if that just means its welded on at the parts where it connects to the other exhaust parts. I was quoted at 499, but that could have been before shipping.

The "guy" was I.

I have no regrets going with the Mopar exhaust - especially with a price of only $550 vs. $1300+ for the "other" system. I had mine welded only at the joints vs. relying only on the band clamps included with the system. Some folks report the exhaust "slipping" down and touching the vehicle paint without their consent. Welding the joints eliminates that risk.

OP
OP
S

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been a couple of weeks now, does anyone have any up to date info on the backorder status of the MOPAR exhaust system?

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been a couple of weeks now, does anyone have any up to date info on the backorder status of the MOPAR exhaust system?

still on backorder

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im just going to get the mopar RACE exhaust. It's only 300 dollars more, and it's a boat load louder...which I like. It just has to be tuned with O2 simulators when I add the Paxton, because for one, it makes the car run richer...and it will trigger a CEL. It's the lighest of all the exhausts, plus it eliminates both cats. It also has a flex joint, which is definitely a bonus.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flex is defenetly a bonus but I'm not sure if I would want to run completely cat less. What are you going to be doing about emissions testing?

Ricky

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flex is defenetly a bonus but I'm not sure if I would want to run completely cat less. What are you going to be doing about emissions testing?

Ricky

I have my ways with emissions testing :laugh: I used to have a supra that was way beyond illegal emissions, lets just say, i've got that covered :laugh:

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a good topic. The only thing holding me back from buying an SRT is the HEAT coming from the exhaust. I borrowed my friends SRT and the heat was unbearable! :( What can be done to eliminate the heat but keep the car quiet?????

-lou

OP
OP
S

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: MOPAR PERFORMANCE Exhaust Prices UPDATE

Great News !!!

The national backorder appears to be over. Got word today that mine shipped from Warren, MI today. Looking to get it Tuesday or Wednesday. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great News !!!

The national backorder appears to be over. Got word today that mine shipped from Warren, MI today. Looking to get it Tuesday or Wednesday. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for the heads up!! Im giving my dealer a call tomorrow.
regards!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Does the mopar exhaust cure the heat like the corsa exhaust? what are the fundamental differences of the two? does the mopar exhaust elminate the crossover?

OP
OP
S

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score

the choice is yours. You can either keep or eliminate the cross over. The MOPAR system is a Borla.

Noredline

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You are going to love the race exhaust, I just picked mine up Thursday night after install, it sounds awesome! I had the H pipe removed as well. I definitely feels cooler on the side sills:)

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Does anyone have a sound clip of this exhaust? My main interest with an exhaust change is the heat of the sills, secondary to that sound. $800 is a big difference between the corsa and Mopar.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would consider the 'drone' issue as well. I can't speak for SRT10's, but on my GTS the Corsa has no drone. On the other hand, when I drove in a GTS with a Borla it was 'drone city'. Exhaust sound, pitch, and volume are subjective, but I don't know many people that prefer interior drone.

SteveT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

UPS just dropped off my Mopar SRT exhaust part number p4510608, paid 467.12 total including shipping.

Am I reading the above post correct???, I can either remove the crossover or leave it with the Mopar exhaust? What does the removal of the crossover do to the sound?

05 Yellow SRT10
03 Red SRT (gone)
02 Graphite GTS (gone)
97 Red GTS (gone)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our other cars: 2005 SL65 Pewter / 2005 G55 Graphite / 2005 Boxster S Seal Grey / 2005 MazdaSpeed Miata Red / 2005 Platinum Escalade / 2005 C55 White / 2005 SSR Silver / 2004 Gallardo Yellow / 2004 NSX Black / 2002 Candy Red Prowler + 2001 Orange Prowler + 2001 Silver Prowler + 1999 Yellow Prowler / 2002 35th Anniversary Camaro SS Convertible / 1970 Black Chevy SWB Pick up / 1970 Camaro SS350 / 1969 Garnet Red Camaro SS 350 / 1969 Chevelle SS 396 / 1969 Impala SS 427 / 1968 Chevy Step Side Truck L98/700r4 / 1967 Hugger Orange Camaro 400 / 1966 GTO / 1955 Yellow Chevrolet Truck / 1934 Ford Sedan / 1930 Ford Hiboy Coupe 302 5spd

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score

UPS just dropped off my Mopar SRT exhaust part number p4510608, paid 467.12 total including shipping.

Am I reading the above post correct???, I can either remove the crossover or leave it with the Mopar exhaust? What does the removal of the crossover do to the sound?

05 Yellow SRT10
03 Red SRT (gone)
02 Graphite GTS (gone)
97 Red GTS (gone)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our other cars: 2005 SL65 Pewter / 2005 G55 Graphite / 2005 Boxster S Seal Grey / 2005 MazdaSpeed Miata Red / 2005 Platinum Escalade / 2005 C55 White / 2005 SSR Silver / 2004 Gallardo Yellow / 2004 NSX Black / 2002 Candy Red Prowler + 2001 Orange Prowler + 2001 Silver Prowler + 1999 Yellow Prowler / 2002 35th Anniversary Camaro SS Convertible / 1970 Black Chevy SWB Pick up / 1970 Camaro SS350 / 1969 Garnet Red Camaro SS 350 / 1969 Chevelle SS 396 / 1969 Impala SS 427 / 1968 Chevy Step Side Truck L98/700r4 / 1967 Hugger Orange Camaro 400 / 1966 GTO / 1955 Yellow Chevrolet Truck / 1934 Ford Sedan / 1930 Ford Hiboy Coupe 302 5spd

I would definitely remove the crossover...unless you LOVE heat! A lot of us want to remove the stock exhaust down here in Texas because the cabin heat is not tolerable! I don't see why on earth you would want to keep the crossover..plus it is restrictive.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ok...........now I am confused.
Please correct this statement if I am wrong.
Either the street exhaust or the race exhaust from Mopar will eliminate the cabin heat because it eliminates the crossovers. Does the street exhaust come with high flow cats or is that separate? Do you need high flow cats once you remove the crossovers for heat loss on the sills and cabin?

I not interested in the race exhaust since it'll be a pain to get emission pass.

Cheers
Patrick

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The "Street" Exhaust System (P4510608)is only a "Cat-back" 2.5" setup... it includes two mufflers, two new turnouts, and the needed clamps.

The "Race" Exhaust System (P4510176) is a "Cat-elimination" 3" setup for racing only... as it attaches at the headers removing both first and second cats (and downstream O2s). It is really meant to be used in conjuction with the Cam and controller to give you comp coupe engine performance...

Both setups remove the crossover piping... which will get the heat away from the car sooner, and should help with cabin heat.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The "Street" Exhaust System (P4510608)is only a "Cat-back" 2.5" setup... it includes two mufflers, two new turnouts, and the needed clamps.

The "Race" Exhaust System (P4510176) is a "Cat-elimination" 3" setup for racing only... as it attaches at the headers removing both first and second cats (and downstream O2s). It is really meant to be used in conjuction with the Cam and controller to give you comp coupe engine performance...

Both setups remove the crossover piping... which will get the heat away from the car sooner, and should help with cabin heat.

In another post I ask a member the typical HP improvement with the "Race" Exhaust + Cam + Controller. He said no increase in HP, but a 250 increase in RPM limit. I would think removing the cats, opening up the exhaust, a more agressive cam, and a racing tuned computer would be good for at least 50 HP. Am I wrong?

P.S. - For those of you that have done the Mopar cam/exhaust/computer, is your Viper still covered under factory warranty? Since they are Mopar upgrades, I would think the answer would be 'yes'. I realize you would probably be OK with a 'Viper Friendly' dealer, but lets assume you have no choice but 'Joe Wanna-Be 5-Star' down the street.

Noredline

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi, I was told by my SA that the race exhaust and controller is the extent of what they will consider appropriate "condoned" mods. I still have full coverage as the dealer ordered and installed the parts. Anything else modified would create a problem for them, or any dealer.

As far as HP, he told me yesterday that mine feels like the most powerful "semi-stock" SRT/10 he has driven. He thinks that I added about 50hp even without the cam. I asked him why, and he said that the exhaust, filter, and computer tuned for additional air/fuel is the reason. I will get it dynoed so I can settle my curiosity, and report to the group.

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi, I was told by my SA that the race exhaust and controller is the extent of what they will consider appropriate "condoned" mods. I still have full coverage as the dealer ordered and installed the parts. Anything else modified would create a problem for them, or any dealer.

As far as HP, he told me yesterday that mine feels like the most powerful "semi-stock" SRT/10 he has driven. He thinks that I added about 50hp even without the cam. I asked him why, and he said that the exhaust, filter, and computer tuned for additional air/fuel is the reason. I will get it dynoed so I can settle my curiosity, and report to the group.

Did you remove the cats? I am thinking that the Mopar race might fit on the
RT high flow cats. How is the sound?

The 250 rpm and no hp gain is just with the computer. Although, the tests
that I read on the Comp Coup, in C&D I think, listed it at 520 hp with
everything.

Herc :usa:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang