Mopar Race Exhaust - Fitment issues or Wrong Part? Help.

rtalex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received my mopar race exhaust today and am having an issue installing it. The flex pipe that comes off the headers appears to be the same for both side, at least the ones i got. The stock ones seem to be different length. The drivers side is longer, however the ones that came with my mopar race exhaust are the same length. The passenger side goes on just fine, however the drivers side is too short. Did I get sent TWO of the passenger side flex pipes? Both have a blue marking on the flex joint, none of them are marked left or right.

This is so frustrating, i have spent many hours today trying to get this to work. Then i looked at the stock parts and they seem different for each side. I took some pics and will be posting them up shortly. Any help with this would be awesome, thank you.

OP
OP
R

rtalex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a few pics. You can see the difference where the exhaust hangers are welded on to the pipe. The stock ones have different length pipes, the ones I received from mopar are the same.

Attachments

• 2009-12-08 20.36.15.jpg
    2009-12-08 20.36.15.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 55
  • 2009-12-08 20.37.40.jpg
    2009-12-08 20.37.40.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 2009-12-08 20.37.52.jpg
    2009-12-08 20.37.52.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 2009-12-08 20.38.11.jpg
    2009-12-08 20.38.11.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 2009-12-08 20.38.34.jpg
    2009-12-08 20.38.34.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
R

rtalex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tried to post another pic, but it said i reached my limit, sorry.

OP
OP
R

rtalex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called the Mopar Tech Line and they told me the Mopar Race Exhaust is not for the SRT-10, but for the Competition Coupe. That Mopar made a mistake in all the catalogs and it was finally fixed in the 2009 Mopar Catalog. Is this BS? I am trying to find out if I got the wrong flex pipe for one side or if it is for the Competition Coupe and that is why it doesnt fit. I know people on the forum have this exhaust installed and I have not read about this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mopar Part # P4510176

OP
OP
R

rtalex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, it looks like I got 2 passenger side flex pipes. The driver side needs to be about an inch longer, like the stock one. Mopar is a headache to deal with when returning products. Looks like im going to have to modify it. What is sad is the installation instructions say nothing about it being different on each side, also doesnt mention you have to use the rear rubber mounts in the front and the front ones in the back. I really expect much more from mopar, it has been a disappointing experience so far. Hopefully when I get it fixed it will be worth it.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you figured it out...it will be worth it if you don't mind driving around with ear plugs. If you have more questions, call The Wizard.

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i brought mine used and both sides are the same. no flex pipe in my mopar race exhaust. you have to switched the hangers from the rears to the front and the fronts to the rears. I figured it out no problem other than the stupid clamps. you might want to tack weld the pipes together since it may slip off and start rubbing on the exhaust exiting hole.

OP
OP
R

rtalex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i brought mine used and both sides are the same. no flex pipe in my mopar race exhaust. you have to switched the hangers from the rears to the front and the fronts to the rears. I figured it out no problem other than the stupid clamps. you might want to tack weld the pipes together since it may slip off and start rubbing on the exhaust exiting hole.

There definitely is a flex joint on each side on the Mopar exhaust. The sides look very similar to each other, I didn't notice a difference on the stock ones until I started having fitment issues. I then measured the stock ones, they are close, but definitely different, u can see the difference in the pictures I posted. If the stock ones are different, the Mopar ones would need to be different too.

I also saw a post on here that had a pic of the Mopar Race System, followed by a sound clip video, and it is clear that one side is longer on his Mopar Race System. I will have to modify my system to get it to work. It *****, but I feel that it will be the quickest fix.

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
then i must have a rare exhaust. smooth tubes all the way with muffler. after i get it out of storage i will try to get a picture of it.

edit. my bad, yeah but I have a very small flex not like what he has shown in the pictures above.

Last edited:

pumpgas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine bolted up no problem other than the tips did not line up, so I trashed the mufflers (they were too big anyway, much larger than stock) and just had a straight pipe welded in place of the muffler and now it sounds just right. Had custom 3" tips made so they line up right.

Tom

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine bolted up no problem other than the tips did not line up, so I trashed the mufflers (they were too big anyway, much larger than stock) and just had a straight pipe welded in place of the muffler and now it sounds just right. Had custom 3" tips made so they line up right.

Tom

?? you sure you have the full race version? there are two different ones for the SRT-10

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just installed the mopar race exhaust on my friends car today and the driver sied flex pipe they sent is longer than the passengers side.