MotorWeek to feature SRT-10; My GTS does intro...

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool stuff! I'll definitely be watching. Do you know if they are going to actually announce some independent test results on the SRT/10 on this show? Be nice to see some real data pretty soon.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Gus. Thanks for the info. Good to see the Viper get some press coverage.
BURNOUT.gif

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yikes. Vipers on the tube or the UMiami v UFla football game?
Is this program typically just on public television stations? I'd better go program the TiVo for MotorWeek (one word?) Congratulations Gus.

The SRT truth is out there.
You must be registered for see images

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MotorWeek, which is a nationally syndicated program, will be televising its season premier this month. In this area it will be on Maryland Public Television (MPT) this Saturday, Sept. 7th at 5:00pm (check your local listings for times and channels in your area). One of the articles they are doing is on the new '03 Viper. They needed a GenI/GenII Viper for the "intro", and I was contacted by the producer through our VCA zone director, Andy Levitt. As a result, my GTS is posing in front of the host, John Davis, as he introduces the article. They liked the car so much, they asked if I would stay so they could also shoot the program closing segment with my car in the background. Although the actual testing of the SRT-10 was done earlier in California, it was still a lot of fun to see the two short segments being produced, and having my car as part of it made it even more special.
cool.gif

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds pretty exciting Gus. Your 15 minutes of fame.
wink.gif

I can't wait to see the show. Thanks for the news!

-Dean.

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MiamiJeff -I was told by MotorWeek that this program will air on "Speed Channel" the week of Sept 23-28th while many of us are at VOI7. It will air a couple of times on that channel so check your listings.

KenH - MotorWeek usually does 0-60, 1/4 mile, slalom, and braking on all the cars they test.

1Tony1 - No autograph, I'm not the star, the car is, but if it floats your boat, I'd be happy to run over a piece of paper so you can have its "tire-mark" (LOL).

DanElam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus, that is great! I am going to miss it since we at the track, but hopefully someone will share a copy of the tape!

ZX12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Gus,

Just saw the show...you're car looked great! The VCA was represented well!

It looks like they didn't do a full test of the SRT-10, since they only gave a 0-60 time of 4.0 seconds, and only showed them driving the car on twisty roads, not on a race track or their own testing grounds. The SRT-10 looked subdued and less aggressive compared to the earlier models, but still looked pretty good in motion. They mentioned a base price of $80,700 or so. Must be nice to be a test-driver for the car mags!