Mountain roads and no lights

Larry 03 SRT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was driving in the mountains on curvy roads and turned on my bright lights and then I had no headlights nor interior lights.
It was not a flicker as I thought from the previous posts about the problem.
I had never had the problem before and it was a seat hugging adventure.
I could drive on low beam with no problem but when I turned on the bright lights the lights would go off.
This seems more like a mechanical problem than something could be fixed with a computer flash.
Is this what everyone has been complaining about or is this something different?
larry

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry - this is alarming and something has to be done before someone is killed - I only just posted this on the very relaxed recall thread.... see under you are not alone....

Thanks to the Viperclub for bringing this to members - but DC has to get way more pro-active before it is too late for someone.

"This issue is more serious than the way the recall has been handled might indicate.

A friend of mine has an SRT10 that is affected. One night - his headlights not only flickered - THEY WENT OUT at speed with his son in the car , and although they came on again after flicking the switch back and forth - that could have been FATAL! He could not see a thing and had to virtually stop while an oncoming rig blasted him with full beam - thinking he was getting abused by the flicking on and off.

This fault is exceedingly dangerous - make no mistake!

If this kills someone - there will be a lawsuit as big as Texas - and rightly so. To date, the person affected has not been contacted about this recall - he only knows because of this thread.

We are getting it seen to by a dealership after the car upgrades are completed - but I wonder if this is the only SRT10 that had headlights flicker off while driving.... that is inexcusable - there is no defense it just has to be fixed.

Even cheap Korean cars have headlights that last many years without a single heart stopping moment."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi