Multi Car owners, how big is your garage?

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I currently have a 2 car garage like some houses but I do have room for an additional 2 car beside my current garage and could put a huge garage in the back yard depending on city codes. you multi car owners, how many cars can you fit in your garage.

Right now I have 2 full size Dodge Rams and a TA project car.

The TA and future viper will go into the garage for now. then I have to decide on buying a new house with more garage spaces or adding on to my current house.

Plans when all toys are bought would be:
keep 2004 Ram, TA track car, nice Viper (debating on gen 1/2 or 2003-2006 viper) and I need a 4 seater to take grandbaby for nice ride. So thats at least 4 car garage needed. we have hail in this part of the country that does not care about my cars/trucks

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 3 car with the 3rd tandemed back one more car lenth.never can have a big enough garage or tool box!i want a ten car behind my house,not enough room.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This somewhat piggybacks on anothe thread but a lift and/or go jacks work great.

Garage_11-08_016.jpg

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never met anyone who said they wished they had built a smaller garage/barn.

If you are a car guy or hobbiest, I would recommend that you build the largest building that you can. If you are going to have cars you will want a lift and in KC I would recommend radiant floor heat. IR heat tubes work well enough but that radiant in-floor heat is the best. You also can not have too much power (compressor, lift, neon lights, motorized screen for the projection TV, Satelite dish, disco ball etc.) and lighting and the higher the sidewalls the better - unless you plan to have a second floor area. You will also want a wash area and/or a half bath - trips in and out of the house to use the bathroom, sleep, or eat redirect the thought process and waste precious time that can be spent in your new domain (and if you walk into the house with greasy hands all that stress that went away while you were in the garage will instantly come back). Lots of rebar and an extra inch or two of concrete would be worth the extra money. Oh, and don't forget floor drains - gotta have floor drains. Tankless hot water - that would be nice. And we must not forget the brass pole - no outbuilding is complete without a sturdy brass pole.

I've been dealing with my storage area for several years (I won't bore you with the details) - it's been affectionately named "The Dog House". It's been a much happier place since I added my new girlfriend - the 1998 GTS.

Also, I would enjoy seeing a thread sharing photos of other peoples garages and barns - some people have the coolest ideas and stuff in their buildings!

Good luck and post pictures of your project when it happens!!!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey tree snake was that u going south on 55 this morning?

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey tree snake was that u going south on 55 this morning?

Sure was.. taking the slate 06 out to JMB Performance. Getting Motons installed. Also Euroteck rotors and some engine parts powdercoated to match the car.
Were you in your car?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no was working,but saw u coming a mile away,my eyes are glued allways lookin for vipers,saw u by mermac bottom,looked as allways like every other viper out there,too cool for words.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VS7.JPG

all 5 garage spaces are 26 ft deep and 9 ft wide with 8 ft high doors.:2tu:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I currently have 9 cars, 2 motorcycles. Current house only has a 3-car garage. That means I have to rent four other storage units that hold 2 cars each. New home is being built at the moment, with 4-car attached garage and a 40x60 shop on the back of the property.

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I currently have 9 cars, 2 motorcycles. Current house only has a 3-car garage. That means I have to rent four other storage units that hold 2 cars each. New home is being built at the moment, with 4-car attached garage and a 40x60 shop on the back of the property.

Did you need a new house or was it a good excuse to get a larger garage?:naughty::D

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm feeling a bit jealous... My Manuary (garage) has room for three but only the Viper and my toys bunk there. My other cars like the fresh air and the kids' bikes seem to enjoy the shed.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee - Now that is what Im talking about! That is a MANS garage!!:nana::nana:

Wanted - I love the deapth you have. Whoever designed as garage to have 26 foot deep bays is a genious!

Nice job guys!!:2tu::2tu:

Robert

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy that won the raffle car at VOI X Has an incredible 10ksqft garage. I am so jealous, I have a two car and an RV garage, which means only the vipers can fit in the garages and the 3500, calliber, and RV are left outside. its in my 5 year goals to have about 4k sqft garage.

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robert - Thanks, The Calgary Stampede posters should be framed soon so I can add a little touch of Canada to the place.:2tu:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One 2 car garage and two single car garages. Urban sprawl. I think with them and all of the driveway I have I can hold 10 vehicles. I'll provide the beer and cook the dead animal parts if anyone wants to show up for a test run.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee - Now that is what Im talking about! That is a MANS garage!!:nana::nana:

Wanted - I love the deapth you have. Whoever designed as garage to have 26 foot deep bays is a genious!

Nice job guys!!:2tu::2tu:

Robert

Thanks for the nice compliment Robert. I build custome homes for a living. My wife
and I designed the house together but I made sure about the garage sizes, SHE *******
ALL THE WAY BUT I DID GET WHAT I WANTED. :D The 2car you see which is
part of the house is really 30 x 26, I have a service door to the main house which has
a
10 ft wide area by itself to enter the house. the service door area is 10 x 26. I did this
so the kids could keep their bikes and other stuff (crap) away from my cars, lol. The
3car garage has a full size room above which I use for storage for now. I plan to
finish both levels when I get the time. :headbang:

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I currently have 2 garages totaling over 1,152 sq ft. But with 7 vehicles it's not enough. I also have a car in my enclosed car trailer. I wish my garages were high enough to add some lifts. I do have room to add more garages and I would definitely go higher so I could add some lifts. One never has too many cars or garages to put them in.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i Currently Have 2 Garages Totaling Over 1,152 Sq Ft. But With 7 Vehicles It's Not Enough. I Also Have A Car In My Enclosed Car Trailer. I Wish My Garages Were High Enough To Add Some Lifts. I Do Have Room To Add More Garages And I Would Definitely Go Higher So I Could Add Some Lifts. One Never Has Too Many Cars Or Garages To Put Them In.

need A Builder, Viper Buddy???? :d

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At my house in houston I only have a 2 car garage. It's on about a 1/3 acre so there is plenty of room to build a little shop, yet the HOA frowns on that idea:mad:

At my parents place dad and I built a 40x50 shop out there with a massive car port where we park/work on all of our vehicles.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I built my house I went 36' by 28' deep on a 3 car. I can easily fit 4 cars in if I wanted to. Here's a couple of pics.

You must be registered for see images

DSCF1548.JPG

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2 stall attatched to the house for the daily drivers. In the back yard I have a 30'x40' detached garage with 8' cielings that is heated, air conditioned, cable TV, etc. ,etc. I can comfortably fit 7 cars and 4 motorcycles in there (8 cars if you pack tight for winter storage). Next to it I am currently building a 28'x30' detached with 12' cielings to facilitate a hoist at home. It will also be heated, etc. This will become my work and shop area next spring. Then out behind all that I have a 12x18 barn style shed with upstairs storage. That is where I keep all the mowers, bikes etc. I also have a 1946 Case VAC tractor in there too. I have a great wife!:D:D:D

Last edited:

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, you guys have some cool floors (Wanted & Red Snake). If you were to do it over again would you do anything different? How is the maintenance? Do you have radiant floor heat? The kids play a lot of sports in my building - are your floors very slippery if they get wet?

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, you guys have some cool floors (Wanted & Red Snake). If you were to do it over again would you do anything different? How is the maintenance? Do you have radiant floor heat? The kids play a lot of sports in my building - are your floors very slippery if they get wet?

Thanks. I have the UCoat It floor. It was very tedious putting it on. Lots of cleaning and prep work. But I wouldn't change it. I love it. When it gets dirty I just hose it down and squeegie the water out.

I put some of the non-slip stuff down with it. But it does get a little bit slick when it's wet. If I could do it over I would probably throw a little more of the non slip stuff down. :2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss