Multi Car owners, how big is your garage?

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As Lee said, you can never build it too big. I have radiant heat in the hanger, and a janitrol heater in the 3 car garage attached to the house with floor drains, which makes it nice for washing cars in the winter.

PICT0217.JPG

4780PICT0007.JPG

PICT0220.JPG

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, it is a 1988 Pitts S2B. The reason the wings are off is because it had some minor damage on the bottom left wing where it scraped the runway with the former owner. We picked it up in NY and trailered it home, and are in the process of recovering and painting the entire airplane.

I have a 2000' grass runway on my property, so we will fly it right from home.
My house is in the center of the picture, with the runway just below the house and hangar.

PICT00081.JPG

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Wanted - Interest rates crashed to 5.25% today - that should be good for business!!??:deal:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well one day the wife and I hope to have a a nice big walkout ranch home in the Front Range Foothills with enough acres to build a garage-mahal that looks like a two story barn from the outside. Enough "stalls" on both levels for about 20 vehicles. Got some real interesting ideas for the property which is all imaginary right now. Have to start my own business again (looking like it with my company of 13 years, which I sold two years ago screwing around like it is) and the wife and I still need to kick out a couple of kids. That should put a lot of those collecting dreams on for a couple of decades. Powerball is the only way to speed it up. :)

Our current home is just shy of 3500 square ft and we have a two car garage with an attached 3rd car garage out front. Got lucky to where out cookie cutter home, the 3rd car attached has 12 ft ceilings thus I put a four post lift in that one. It's tight, but can't afford "the dream" yet. The two car garage has 12 ft ceilings on 1/2 so I can put in a side lift for one more car, and then they can all live indoors. I finished everything off in U-Coat-It flooring, hand tapped and textured and painted all the walls and room. Added base mounlings everywhere, bike lifts, tire wall mounts, all stainless steel cabinets, etc. It is tight but is going to have to do. Turning out real good and was the only thing I did completely myself in the house. :)

I think if I was able to put a four post, two car lift in the two car garage, I would be pretty content for a number of years.

For most suburban homes, I think the best you could hope for is a four or five car garage, that is high enough to put lifts in. Thus if I was you, I would add your two car garage to the side of the house, but build it high enough to allow for some lifts and overhead storage in it.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here in Western Washington I learned you just cannot have enough covered parking to get the stuff out of the rain. The moss grows on the north side of everything!
3 car garage attached to the house with extra length. %0 feet away from the house is a 22' X 26' (deep) two car. 150' the other way from the house is a 32' x 48' that can hold 6 easily. It has separate 200 Amp service with cable and phone. It's tall enough for a lift, but I have not gone there yet!

PBR

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Wanted - Interest rates crashed to 5.25% today - that should be good for business!!??:deal:

LOL,Thank GOD I only build high end and new clients are coming who are making
money from what is happening today. Life is not great but it is GOOD.
:2tu:

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a nominal 6 stall garage: 36 x 44. It currently is holding 7 cars and 4 motorcycles with an engine job in process on the largest car.

It's proof a garage can never be too big....

You must be registered for see images attach

The 7 cars include 5 convertibles: '04 Viper, (2) '69 Corvettes, '68 Impala, and '61 Corvette. The bikes include an '01 R6 Yamaha and a three TS Suzukis.

Last edited:

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a nominal 6 stall garage: 36 x 44. It currently is holding 7 cars and 4 motorcycles with an engine job in process on the largest car.

It's proof a garage can never be too big....

The bigger the garage...the more stuff we HAVE to buy to fill it:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I had to do it all over again, I would have no less than a 6-car garage.

That's what I did 5 years ago....and now I am out of space and building another. I am convinced there is some cosmic force that steers just a few more "great" deals on cars our way than we actually have space for.:D
Never ever ever enough garage space..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a double garage and when my older son is home from school in the summer we have 5 cars... My house looks like a fricken rubics cube when we want to go somewhere...lol

You really have to plan ahead when parking for the night

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Multi Car owners, how big is your garage?

20'W x 22'L x 10'-4"H

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:(Wow, and I thought mine was OK when I built it. I built mine 20X30 with 10' high walls, and if I could have done one little thing different, as I can't double the size of it, it would be to make it 2' wider, at 22'. The H1 is 8 feet wide plus the mirrors:D Oh well, better luck next time.:cool: Lift goes in in the spring:eater:

08ACRVTEN00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
25x45 garage - hope the picture works

Attachments

• DSC_0267.jpg
    DSC_0267.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC_0175.jpg
    DSC_0175.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_0333.jpg