MUMFORD STILL DA KING ???

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Paul M. didn't show up this year at Road America, and folks wondered why? Could it be the non-founded allegations that he had to be cheating to go so fast last year, or was it because there was a new King on the track from California? Well, it appears that rumor number one will finally be put to a deserved burial ( and those of us that know Paul M is just plain fast can stop defending him ), as rumor number two is the real reason. Paul S. ( as in Schley ) came out from Sunny CA to lay down some identical times to Mumford's from 2000. Blistering the track with a 2:25, Paul S. proved he could be the new King of the West Coast, as well as proving that Paul M's time of last year was very attainable. Since Paul S. is almost twice the age of PMUM, I give the crown to old age and treachery - out of respect of course. Hail the new King --------- Paul Schley, Paul Schley, Paul Schley !!!

War Old Race Guys

PS - Paul's times were faster than many of those in the Race Group, and we all know those guys are fast !!

OP
OP
Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dang, I thought I had this all cleared up. Brett. So after I try and straighten up these unfounded allegations, you say Paul S. learned from the best ( reference to his young pup friend,Paul M ), it infers Mumford taught Schley to cheat. These are your close friends, so I will quietly disappear and let you explain how, YOU CALLED THEM CHEATERS, HA !

PMUM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, if you're not cheatin', you're not tryin'! It should be considered cheating to send a guy from SoCal back East for a Viper Days event. This time the Godfather decided to go pick up the traditional Road America-SoCal 1st place trophy by himself!

WAR ROAD SOCAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a well known fact that Mumford has talent, however those of us who watch him very very closely realize his awesome times are the result of him cutting corners on the track when no one is looking.

As far as Mr. Paul Schley, his times are the result of not only learning from everyone else, but lots of hard work, dedication, and track smarts.

BTW if you think Paul S. is a good learner, you will soon understand that he is a fantastic teacher.

PS. Has anyone else noticed that you never see Superman and Paul M. on the track at the same time. Hhhuuummm!

OP
OP
Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Boy this didn't even work very well, because everyone likes Schley! We were all glad to have him come out East, and I concur he is a great teacher, as he is always willing to help anyone. Just figured we could get Mum's goat a little, since he wasn't there, but Schley did all us ancient ones proud - we don't care where he is from. We voted him in as Honorary East Coast guy, so he can claim his win for both coasts. Pretty interesting though that he is considered the " Godfather of SoCal, " as his 2:25 at Road America, and Paul M's 2:25 at Road America, could lead to a SoCal shootout at the Viper Days Finals. The East Coast has two sleepers that are improving quickly, so watch out for Bernie Katz and Sonny Whelen in Oklahoma come November !!

PS - GREAT RUN SCHLEY, WE ARE NOT WORTHY !!!!

PMUM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice try Bill, but I doubt you'll find anybody willing to run any smack towards the Godfather. I've never a bad word uttered about him. The real question is: Is anybody from back east gonna come into hostile territory (Pahrump, NV) and take a shot at the big boys?

Respectfully,
Fredo.

OP
OP
Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Au Contraire, Monsewer Mumforde, the Smack was for you, as us old fartz stick together. I agree, that Paul S. is way above the rest of us, and I think the "Godfather of the Unlimited Class, " would be a fitting moniker. Just wanted to let you know that someone was running as fast as your lauded times, and it just happened to be the distinguished Mr. Schley. Really brought this whole issue up because there were a few folks that couldn't quite figure how you went so fast last year, and thought it would be appropriate to let everyone know that not only was your time possible , it was matched this year by one of the Geritol set. Using the age index he whipped you by 3 seconds, ha. I personally did 3 " We are not Worthy" bows to Mr. Schley, as he is one fast dude. Wish you had been there, he did all of us proud.

War Old Fart Racerz

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Schley you're the man!

Shows you don't have to cheat to win a Viper Days event. You just have to attend the Mumfelberg school of racing (cheating)! I know it has to be his cheating Stop Tech brake system!

WAR UNBEATABLE WEST COAST DRIVERS!!!!!

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PMUM:
....... The real question is: Is anybody from back east gonna come into hostile territory (Pahrump, NV) and take a shot at the big boys?

Respectfully,
Fredo.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep

PMUM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sean Roe:

Yep
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now THAT will be a niiiiiiiiiiice showdown! Good for you Sean!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PMUM:
Nice try Bill, but I doubt you'll find anybody willing to run any smack towards the Godfather. I've never a bad word uttered about him. The real question is: Is anybody from back east gonna come into hostile territory (Pahrump, NV) and take a shot at the big boys?

Respectfully,
Fredo.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't Fredo the dumb one?

Jon 98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Originally posted by PMUM:
Respectfully,
Fredo.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte