Must Mods on new SRT/10?

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you’ve seen my post at the genII section "Ever Seen A Grown Man Cry?" You know I’m looking for a silver lining to my current loss.

Trying to think through the must have and should haves in the ownership of an SRT/10. My wife thinks I should get the Coupe, ( God lover her:) but I don’t want to spend the premium of a new car. I figure I can buy an 03 SRT/10, enjoy it for a few year and buy a coupe when the prices come down.

Here is my list of Must Mods:
!’’ adjustable lowering kit for seats the next day. I’m 6’2’’
Moton springs to lower car the day after. My wife is 5’2’’ :)
Clear bra
Functioning, roll hoops.

Should Mods:
Stainless steel tips on side exhaust
Vipair
Maybe removable vinyl strips for fun

What other mods do you guy feel I’ll need? It will be a street car that I’ll track 10 times a year just for fun.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definetely exhaust. K&N is also worthwhile so long as it is drilled correctly. I have the Hurst shifter which is more precise and much more mechanical feeling than the stock shifter. I also did rims and tires which make a dramatic difference in handling and drivability due the the savings in unsprung weight but they do get pricy.

As for the interior the MGW parts really spruce up an otherwise plain center dash and console. Last, but not least, replace the door speakers with Polks.

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like you want to track the car...so, I would add:

*Comp Coupe Oil Pan
*High Flow Cats
*Quaife Diff (see how you like the SRT10 stock diff first)
*TeamTech 6pt harness (the SRT-10 includes hooks behind the Viper shield behind the seat for the should restraints, you'll need to do some extra work to get the lap and sub belts in)

-J

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All your input is greatly appreciated, thanks
On exhausts, I like the neighborhood friendly sound of the stock exhaust, but I read were the new Z06 exhaust will bypass the cats and muffler at full power and become an open header. Is that true and has anyone done it to an SRT?

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems to me that the must-haves are as follows:

1. Autoform Real roll bars (because safety is always easy to justify and sell at home, hehe).

2. NWE Seat-lowering Lowering Kit (because at 5'9" I was looking thorough the top of the windshield and in a roll over this is a safety issue too). Most people seem to prefer the one-inch adjustable seat-lowering kits; I prefer the two-inch fixed kits because (i) the two-inch kit has me looking through the center of the windshield, (ii) the fixed distance from the peddles just so happens to work for me (and the peddles are adjustable), and (iii) using the one-lowering kit on the passenger side requires you to forego or relocate your amplifier.

3. Quaife (you can live without it, if you’re lucky—also a safety issue). Best fun-factor and control-enhancing mod of all time, IMHO. :nana:

4. MGW shifter (because the stock shifter is waaay too long).

5. Gears (3.54) are the bang-for-the-buck as far as fun-factor goes, but if you’re going to get the Quaife, wait on the gears, or you’ll be paying for them twice.

6. Exhaust—at least eliminate the crossover or you’ll cook yourself to death. :evilmad:

7. If you're going to track it, you're going to need a Comp Coup oil pan.

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3. Quaife (you can live without it, if you’re lucky—also a safety issue). Best fun-factor and control-enhancing mod of all time, IMHO.

I just don't want to do anything that will make it any less drivable on the street. Some of the mods on my GTS became real headaches.

Best mod? Wait until 07 and pick up a coupe.

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen III Quaife is unique for Gen III, I believe.

No street issues with my suggested mods, although obviously exhaust mods can be pretty unpopular with the neighbors. :curse:

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew,

I have both the coupe and the SRT, i would suggest you get the new coupe if you want to track the car. Outside of the obvious for the convert ( roll hoops, hard top etc. ) which mods you get would be determined by your intent Track , street or both, you should go and look at a new coupe first before you make up your mind ( they look diff in person).
Both:
#1 gears 3.54 or even better 3.33 if available I personally find the 3.54a little steep in the SRT but don't in my GTS ( I don't know why, must be a power curve thing )
#2 K&N intake
#3 Mopar computer ( make sure your fan still works when you get it )
#4 Aluminum Flywheel
#5 Belanger headers and exhaust ( the corsa track exhaust is LOUD when you have your wife in the car but fine for when you drive alone

With the above mods the car will feel real quick

Track or serious street

#6 Penskes or Motons, the rear end jumping around when the tires break loose will drive you bonkers but the penskes kill the wheel hop, I am sure the motons do the same and they are easier to get, only Valaya seems to do penskes for the SRT so far. $3-4K
#7 quaife rear end you will notice the rear end hopping one wheel on you more than in your GTS $$??
#8 Oil pan mod

Good luck on your purchase!

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you’ve seen my post at the genII section "Ever Seen A Grown Man Cry?" You know I’m looking for a silver lining to my current loss.

Trying to think through the must have and should haves in the ownership of an SRT/10. My wife thinks I should get the Coupe, ( God lover her:) but I don’t want to spend the premium of a new car. I figure I can buy an 03 SRT/10, enjoy it for a few year and buy a coupe when the prices come down.

Clear bra
Functioning, roll hoops.

Should Mods:
Vipair

What other mods do you guy feel I’ll need? It will be a street car that I’ll track 10 times a year just for fun.

Moton springs? i didnt think you can get springs for the SRT10 without having trouble with the stock shocks?

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are my thoughts on the most useful mods:

Seat Lowering Kit
Autoform Rollbar
Clear bra
Comp Coupe oil pan and accusump
Quaife
Motons
Lightweight wheels and sticky tires (Sport Cups) for track days.

I wouldn't bother with the exhaust mods unless you are doing heads and cam. Lots of sound and fury from free flowing exhaust, but exhaust alone won't net you enough of a power gain to be worth it in my opinion.

Clear bra
Functioning, roll hoops.

Should Mods:
Vipair

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep in mind the value of doing an aftermarket exhaust is not the added power it is the sound and more importantly, eliminating the cabin heat. Night and day difference with the corsa track.

Well worth the money.

Viperdriver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beware the 2" inch lowering kit. It permanently moves the seat 3" forward of the back bulkhead. Too tight for me and I'm 6'2". Are you sure lowering the car will make it easier to get into?
Vipers are hard to flip but it has been done.
For performance on the street your best mods are 3.73 or better 4.10 gears and an aluminum flywheel.
Get your stock exhaust coated along with insulating the tunnels and passenger compartment.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't count it out Andrew. The 06 coupe with slicks will run just about anything you go up against. The rumors on the 07 are a big HP gain.

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
--------------------

I’m hip on the HP gains it’s the capital gains I’m not cool with. I bought the GTS 3 years old and I can handle the cost of a 3 year old SRT/10 and in three years roll that into a 3year old SRT/Coupe with more HP. At least that’s the plan.

Mods to keep the cabin cooler are a MUST in FL, I just don’t want small children running with their hands over their ears, crying, every time I go for a cruise. Also with a wife just topping 5’2’’ a 2’’ nonadjustable seat lower kit with not be user friendly.