My 01 Bumblebee in local car show....

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WTH....put my beautiful 01 Bumblebee in local car show .Guy next to me is original owner of 68 Chrysler 300.We hit it off good.Go to awards ceremony and the Mopar class goes to....2010 Plum Crazy Challenger RT.Now granted its a great looking car but its freakin brand new....maybe my last car show if they let brand new cars in.Several brand new Camaros and Mustangs too....why bother.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did spectators vote or were there appointed judges ? I have to imagine that your car got more attention ? As along as you had a good time...

OP
OP
P

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Judges.Yes I had a great response as usual.Ive shown the car before just having fun and actually was surprised and won.The 68 300 guy and I were commenting earlier that it was kinda silly to buy a new car and enter it directly in a car show much less us having to compete against it.But it was for fun just a little askew .Plum Crazy is cool though.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a New Plum Challenger for the first time the other day... Very Nice... I remember someone in my area having an original Hemi car years ago... The 2010 is a nice car but I'm thinking a Bumble Bee GTS may have a little more Wow!

OP
OP
P

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Youd think.I was just amazed at all the new cars in the show....again maybe a class for brand new cars.I felt kinda cheesey my cars only 9 years old...

EFI-1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did many many shows with my cars and if there's one thing you can count on, it's that you can't count on the judging system to be legit or fair most of the time.

There's always next time brutha. Do it for selfish reasons and you always win.

Aloha, Dave

OP
OP
P

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really a loser....got a plaque man....didnt mean to sound like sour grapes,hell i thought the challenger was beautiful.Most of these car shows are for some charitable cause which is great I just hate people may get discouraged and not participate.I felt sorry for the old guy next to me thats had his car since 1968....he also was shocked his car was against the 2010.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i go to a LOT of car shows, ive never entered it to be judged.

i personally dont get the trophy thing. i didnt buy the car to get trophies and certainly didnt spend all the cash i did for others to judge it or me. its strictly for myself

OP
OP
P

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh thats right.Youre in Fayetteville right?This was a little show at Jeff Gordon Chevrolet....not sure Id come down for it but I will reciprocate in your area if anythings happening.

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i go to a LOT of car shows, ive never entered it to be judged.

i personally dont get the trophy thing. i didnt buy the car to get trophies and certainly didnt spend all the cash i did for others to judge it or me. its strictly for myself

We go to a lot of car shows as well. We usually enter at least one car/pickup. I like to show them off. But we go to show the cars/pickup, if we win something it is a bonus, if not we have had fun anyhow. Charities are always good, not usually trophies and the proceeds go to a good cause.

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not enter car shows anymore, too political. There is always a judge that has a buddy, etc. I do like to go to car shows and browse.

OP
OP
P

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is only the third one id participated in and the first where brand new cars were entered.Im of the opinion its fun too but there were some real big "clubs" there and some really nice cars that people had invested alot of sweat and blood in and I thought it unfair.Unfair only in that these other people were serious car show people...im there just screwin around.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what you mean. I have seen it a few times before. Once saw at the Mopar Nationals (largest Mopar show in the world) a stock one week old PT Cruiser take 1st place in the FWD category when there were about 15 vehicles in its class (FWD stock). There were many of the early FWD cars from the 80's and 90's there that were mint and he got it as his was the cleanest (he picked it up and drove it to the show! LOL)

***** yes, but some judges dont get it. Some feel it is all based on cleanliness. The PT was cleaner. End of story. Maybe your show was based on the same idea.

diko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in 5 years, that challenger will lose it's new car flavor and nobody will even give it a second look, if it even caught their eye the first time. your viper however will still make people point and provide rubber necking experiences.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been showing cars at the national level for 20 years, and I'd agree that it stinks to see a brand new car take home a trophy when a restored car doesn't. Of course, I remember taking my then new 2000 GTS to shows and simply not having it judged. Now, at 10 years old...I'm not sure what age makes a car "fair" to place.

Anyhow, some of our local shows now have a "Next Generation" class or something similiar for the Shelbys, Camaros, Challengers, etc.

OP
OP
P

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really didnt care to "win"...I broke my arm back in january and was just glad to be there.Prepping my car was a challenge so I know at least my engine area wasnt ***** and span but who cares.I did get alot of traffic as usual....the 10 year old little boy demographic is off the hook as its always been.Youre right that in 5 years the challenger will age out but It realy was a great color....first time ive seen it in person.I commented earlier in the show that if he brought it over and parked it next to me i knew who would be getting the attention.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ya shoulda known that a car show sponsored by " Welch's Grape Juice, " you were going to be at a disadvantage, ha.

Doc, we figure you are still a winner and get that arm healed!!:2tu:

OP
OP
P

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of those judges was very grey,semi-bald,with coke bottle glasses and walked with a pronounced limp like he had a stick up his ass.....saw him driving away in a purple Gremlin with Nebraska plates.....hhhmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry, Challenger will be dime a dozen soon enough and he loses in the end. I love to roll up late to a car show and everyone quits looking at all the CRAPPY CARS and looks at mine! BWAHAHA then since I don't know anyone there or care about them I do a huge burnout and send smoke all over their clean cars.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Now, Doc, I know your limp is worse than mine, I am not really too gray , yet, but let's get the regionalism correct ---that would be corncob up my posterior, ha.

PS - my Gremlin was silver blue with a V8, so you better check your specs, hehe!

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is why it called a car show,New, Old it doesnt matter, I allways go and enjoy the cars, And some eye candy.Enjoy getting away not worried about somebody and there New car,Who cares it is cool to see the new stuff too.All cars age. My 02