My '04 Hemi Ram......................

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My \'04 Hemi Ram......................

I know this may not relate exactly to Vipers, but I had an experience with a dealer which has made me angry......both at the dealership and myself.

When I bought my Hemi Sport in '04, I paid $1000 extra for what I believed was a DC extended warranty (7/70 with a $50 deductible). For months I questioned the dealer because I received no official document(s) verifying my warranty. I was told that there had been some mixups, but the situation would be remedied.

I have now learned that I did not buy a warranty, but rather a dealer service contract. It's administered by some outfit in Florida.

I'm mad at myself because I should not have purchased any sort of extended warranty until after the basic 3/36 expired. Additionally, I was stupid to have not read exactly was I was purchasing.

Has anyone else purchased a dealer service contract??

Don

ViperBran

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: My \'04 Hemi Ram......................

Obviously the dealer contract is not as good as the factory warranty. The factory warranty is transferable and can be used at any dealer in the USA where as the dealer service contract is limited to the dealer you bought it at. If someone wanted to buy the car from out of town, He would question the warranty. Also, if they couldn't fix a problem, I'm wondering if you can have another dealer or have Chrysler fix the problem at no charge. If the dealer doesn't remedy the situation, you should file a complaint with Chrysler first and see if that works. Tell them you asked them for the Chrysler Extended warranty and they sold you something else. Good luck.

By the way, what dealer was it? If you prevent one person from buying a car from this dealer, the dealership would have lost more on the prospective sale than they made from ripping you off.

If all dealers were as honest as WOODHOUSE or TATOR, no one would have this problem...EVER! Buy your next truck or car from them.

OP
OP
D

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I stand corrected. The plan is administered by First Extended Service Corporation, which is located in Dallas.

What's scarry too is that there's a disclaimer which indicates that protection will not be provided without proof of maintenance records. I think I'm like most Viper owners in that I change the oil and filter every 3000 miles, but I don't keep receipts or formal records.

Don

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If the dealer doesn't remedy the situation, you should file a complaint with Chrysler first and see if that works. Tell them you asked them for the Chrysler Extended warranty and they sold you something else. Good luck.

I've heard of very few satisfactory experiences with Chrysler when trying to file a complaint against a Dodge dealer. All I was told when I called was "all Dodge dealers are independently owned, so we cant help, you, sorry."

If all dealers were as honest as WOODHOUSE or TATOR, no one would have this problem...EVER! Buy your next truck or car from them.

SO true!

OP
OP
D

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I suspect that my treatment was the responsibility of one individual at the dealership. I have written the owner a detailed letter containing my grievences and am awaiting a response. If no remedial action is forthcoming, I will be happy to disclose the dealership.

Hopefully, my concerns will be addressed and we can arrive at an equitable solution.

I was interested in finding out if anyone else had purchased a dealer service contract, rather than a DC warranty.

Thanks for your interest...

Don

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Don,

Most Service Contracts can be cancelled. Tell them you want a refund and you will send it in writing with a certified letter. If they fail to respond, just tell them you will be contacting the Ins. Dept. in your State, as they took forever to get you said contract and they would not answer your specific questions. You may not get all your money , but you should get a good portion of it.

Give me a call if you have any questions.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Viper
1-800-889-1893

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score

THis happened to me on a GM product. Even with very pointed questioning, they lied. I have learned to ask to see the policy and make sure chrysler is on it.