My 1996 Blue & White GTS is in the classifieds

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well i am going to let her go. :crazy: I know in a couple years i will :buttkick: myself. Let me know what you guys think.

EDIT BY LEE..This car IS in the classifieds also.

Robert :usa:

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hard to find any decent 96 B&W's under 50G's, you should sell easy.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK.... I gotta say something. It might sell, **** it might even sell fast, but the odds are not in your favor.

IT'S NOT HARD TO FIND LOW MILES 96 GTS right now for under 50K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know of 6 for sale for under 50K with LOW miles! All still for sale and not selling. Some advertised, some not. I do hope you get as much as you can. This is just ebay....

46.5K with 11,476 miles
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Vip...042541701QQrdZ1

43K with 17,257 (NO BIDS)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Vip...041761050QQrdZ1

41.9K with 14,514 miles
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Vip...036421467QQrdZ1

39K (no bids) with 28,080 miles
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Vip...044571829QQrdZ1

There are at least 10 more 1996 GTS's for sale on this site alone! I didn't even start listing the 20+ more '96s from Auto Trader. Most have been for sale for many, many, MANY months.

Good luck.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK.... I gotta say something. It might sell, **** it might even sell fast, but the odds are not in your favor.

IT'S NOT HARD TO FIND LOW MILES 96 GTS right now for under 50K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know of 6 for sale for under 50K with LOW miles! All still for sale and not selling. Some advertised, some not. I do hope you get as much as you can. This is just ebay....

46.5K with 11,476 miles
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Vip...042541701QQrdZ1

43K with 17,257 (NO BIDS)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Vip...041761050QQrdZ1

41.9K with 14,514 miles
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Vip...036421467QQrdZ1

39K (no bids) with 28,080 miles
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Vip...044571829QQrdZ1

There are at least 10 more 1996 GTS's for sale on this site alone! I didn't even start listing the 20+ more '96s from Auto Trader. Most have been for sale for many, many, MANY months.

Good luck.

In SilverSnake's defense, of the auctions listed above, one sold (the one at 46.5K), but for the others, they are "Reserve Not Met", so we don't know what the actual price is. I agree though that just a few months ago, when I was shopping for a car, I found many non-auction prices for clean B/W's below 50k.

OP
OP
S

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do hear you CODY, But my thought is that some one could return it to bone stock and sell the mods at 40% of new and still come out a head. The lower mile vipers might attract some buyers but not to start a debate on it. A good friend of mine bought a 99 gts with 7k miles on her and paid GOOD money for it. Two years later he has had problems from bad valve seals to bad suspenion bushings. My 96 is three years older and my older parts were in better shape and both vipers were from the same area and were both garaged.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely post some DETAILED pics.....I have been obsessively searching every place that sells Vipers for the past month as I was originally going to sell mine and buy a GTS. I honestly think that your price is a little high due to mileage. Yes you have the mods which are worth money, but the labor cost to replace everything assuming you have all stock stuff, will eat up some of the profit from the sale of the mods. I have seen 96 GTS's recently actually GO for mid 40's with half your mileage through actual dealers that looked MINT. I actually just talked to a privat dealer who has a bone stock 96 with 11k on it and he will let it go for $47k I would love to see you get your price, but honestly I think you will get more closer to $45k. Maybe the pics will change things...I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you get top $$$.

OP
OP
S

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am having problems uploading the pics. I can e-mail them to someone to upload them for me, PLEASE. :needpics:

Robert

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to be the party pooper, but i don't think that you'll get even %40 out of the aftermarket parts on this one. clutch? wheels? nah. i hope you get your asking price though...

JD

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is it when I run autotrader for a BLUE 96 viper I don't get that many results? I see 9 of them in the US for sale.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is it when I run autotrader for a BLUE 96 viper I don't get that many results? I see 9 of them in the US for sale.

Do it without putting the color in and you'll get a few more.

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the whole point was a blue car? If you want a blue and white, there are two years, and one color. I don't think you can say there are 20+ out there and compare pricing against the posted topic. Doesn't pass the red face test to me.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
In SilverSnake's defense, of the auctions listed above, one sold (the one at 46.5K), but for the others, they are "Reserve Not Met", so we don't know what the actual price is. I agree though that just a few months ago, when I was shopping for a car, I found many non-auction prices for clean B/W's below 50k.

AGREED!

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There seem to be a lot of 96's on the market and a lot of them with higher prices have been on the market for a long long long time. No matter what the mileage anything over 60K for a 96 is too high. A 96 with over 10K miles is worth under 50K and over 40K with no accident history, lower mileage 96's are worth between 50 - 60K, the rare car may be worth more but that would be a less than 100 mile or unique collector car serial #.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dang Silver, read the classified. You have spent MegaBucks on the car if all was done last year. Plus you have all to put back stock. Man,1996 63,000 B&W in same section. Think I'll paint my Red GTS B&W, :) . I have a high mile perfect 99RT for sale and listening to same give it away stuff but the ads say they are worth it. Stick it out you'll get the $$. Yours sounds worth it!! :2tu:

OP
OP
S

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks,RAYSIR
I think it's a good deal when you also consider all the other goodies that go's with the car. From car covers to all the factory manuals for this year.
If you notice in the add i have a good amount of other parts to sweeten the deal. :headbang:

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel so alone in my feelings here.........

Why do so many owners want the value of one of the most timeless low cost exotic cars ever produced to keep dropping in price??? It is all but offensive that a 96 Porsche 993 Turbo (similar stock performer) uncomparable >upgradeable wise, reliability wise, looks wise, prod. # wise, public approval wise yada yada yada. yet they sell for in the 70's!!!
When will everyone realize that our cars are collectable and worth what WE SET THE MARKET AT!! WHAT OTHER CAR IN THE 50k RANGE COMPARES? again considering the following factors.
1.low production #'s
2.reliability
3.fun factor
4.public approval (aka wow factor from onlookers)
5.power potential
I really could go on but...... let the flames fly! but if your gonna smart off give me your list of better cars for the money with your flame!

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No comments :confused: Does this mean you all agree? :eek: :D
and fwiw that 96 ROE car I bought for 35K was imo the deal of a century :2tu:
85K miles and still looks and drives like a 20k mile car!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why didnt you just pay the guy more, if you felt its so important to keep the price up? What you wanted to do was buy it cheap, and then sell it higher. Cant blame you, but you really cant sit on both sides of the fence and say we are wrong for thinking the value of these cars is going down, and you are the very guy who picked one up for a cheap price... oh well..

And why would you expect us to argue against our marque? That was kinda stupid. Course we love them, but it doesnt make them worth a mill bucks.

Jon

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why didnt you just pay the guy more, if you felt its so important to keep the price up? What you wanted to do was buy it cheap, and then sell it higher. Cant blame you, but you really cant sit on both sides of the fence and say we are wrong for thinking the value of these cars is going down, and you are the very guy who picked one up for a cheap price... oh well..

And why would you expect us to argue against our marque? That was kinda stupid. Course we love them, but it doesnt make them worth a mill bucks.

Jon

For the first time ever, I agree with everything you wrote.