My 2 Snakes Playing Nice (pics)

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I probably looked crazy to the neighbors, but I couldn't resist doing these pics - black viper with my black 03 cobra, I park them very close in the garage .. I'm hoping they'll make a little snake, like a Shelby cobra (lol).

You must be registered for see images

72 degrees, blue skies, ahh, decisions, decisions ...

03gobluecobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking of making the switch from the right to the left. Any advice you can give me?

I'm looking for about the same acceleration, better handling with more direct steering, and hopefully much less rattles.

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's an R1, one of the nicest bikes I've owned, when I saw that red, I was in love.

BlueCobra - I went from my 2000 RT/10 to my 03 Cobra, now I got the SRT/10. I was deciding; new Shelby GT500 - but at 4100lbs for the vert, $51K at sticker, and the new stang interior hits my right knee in a real bad spot, I decided to pass on the Shelby. So, rather than invest another $5-6K in my Cobra (which is tuned to 453rwhp), to take it to the next level I decided to go get what I really wanted, the SRT, and at $48.5K it was a real bargain.

Comparing the 2 is tuff, the SRT has no roll by comparison, handling is night & day. Although the stang I'm comfortable sliding all over the place, the Viper I'm definitely more carefull. Viper is tighter all around, but stiff has way more gruff than a vette - it's like a fine sports care genetically spliced with a muscle car.

I can definitely feel the gearing difference, the Viper spins up slower & gentler with its 3.07 rear, but by 5K rpm it starts to show its torque & lower weight advantage while feeling very solid, unlike the stang which by 5K rpm starts to feel like something going to fly off.

That's my 2 cents ... nothings like the Viper, that's for sure.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pic! The cars look spectacular. However, I think my neighbors thought I was crazier laying on the blacktop driveway in 90 degree for this shot!
4624DSC00117-med.JPG

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally think the viper makes the cobra look like a brick.

I have nothing against cobra's, think they are great cars for what they are, and for how much they can be had for, but a viper blows them away in all areas, most significantly in looks.

Jon

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I probably looked crazy to the neighbors, but I couldn't resist doing these pics - black viper with my black 03 cobra, I park them very close in the garage .. I'm hoping they'll make a little snake, like a Shelby cobra (lol).

72 degrees, blue skies, ahh, decisions, decisions ...

All you need now is a cute girl with her top down :D

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's nice about the cobra is that you can take a few people with you and still have lots of power ;)

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RX - that's cool .. of course our neighbors are right, we are crazy, & lovin it!

Slaughter - you're right there on the Cobra, I bought it new, ordered it actually, $36.8K on the road, $3K invested & it runs 12.2X @ 118+/- all day in street trim & I can put my son & a friend in the back, wifey next to me & cruise anywhere, and not be anal about rain, parking, etc cause it's "just a mustang". All that & I can stay in front of most vettes (even beat a Viper at the drags last year, and 2 vipers on the autoX summer before last). But, nothing is like the Viper, I'm feeling the days maybe numbered for the Cobra .. even the R1 takes second place when choosing what I want to go cruise in ... viper trumps 'em all. Hmm, market value of the R1 would just cover the Paxton DIY .. oh my.