My Bowling Green V-10 Nats. Experience

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife and I attended the V-10 Nats. in BG this past weekend. All I can say is WOW!!!!!
Thanks to Dr.Roof for putting on such a fantastic event. This was the first time I have ever raced on a dragstrip. My times pretty much sucked but it was the best I could do. Having never raced before it's tough to step out there and put down great times. I definently have more respect for drag racers now.

I was completely unprepared to race. No helment, no drag radials, no slicks,etc... On pilot sports my very first run was a 12.0, 2.2 60', @127 spinning bad off the line. My second run was 11.9, 2.158 60'@125.9. From that point on I ran consistant 11.7's with my best being 11.70, 1.8 60'@ 126.5. I was happy with the 1.8 60' on pilot sports as hot as it was and as slick as the track was. Does my car have more? Sure it does I just need to learn how to drive it better. Man their was some fast cars there.

A big thanks to Mike Scherzburg for allowing me to use his stock tires. I owe you buddy. Also, thanks to Dan Pruett for all of the help you provided when you could have been racing.

A special thanks to the entire Macedo M2 crew. Larry for tuning my car to run better than it ever has, Vern for allowing me to use his badass helment, Ward for great advice. Ward is so much fun to watch drag race. The whole M2 crew rocks.

Kevin @ underground Racing you guys have some badass cars it was great meeting your crew as well.

The thing that I liked the most was the way everyone there would lend a hand if someone needed something. It was a true brotherhood. Everyone helping everyone else.

Since I bought my Viper 1.5 years ago my wife has not cared to much about it. She was raised around corvettes. After spending the weekend at the V-10 Nats.seeing the vipers, meeting the people, seeing that you guys/gals are REAL car people who have a passion for your cars has won her over. Maybe too much she now wants an SRT for herself.

Again thanks David for a great event you make us all proud.

I am now hooked on drag racing. Now I need some slicks :headbang:

Also forgot to mention Ronnie Range (RedGTS) Thanks for the use of your enclosed trailer. :2tu:

OP
OP

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same to you Chuck. Can't wait for the copy of your video. It was great getting to race against you.
Yes I can email you some of the 66.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a great testimonial to the Viper experience as it extends to the V-10 Nationals. Thanks, David Boggs (Dr. Roof) for putting together an event that has this kind of impact on people.

Now Brian - get her that SRT.... :)

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to meet you as well. I hope your trip home was less eventful than the one to BG.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brain it was certainly good meeting you and the wife.

Racing is only 1/2 the fun. Meeting, hanging out with old friends and new friends is the other half. The more events you go to, the larger your new "family" grows. Welcome to the drag racing family.

Ward

Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to meet you as well. I hope your trip home was less eventful than the one to BG.

LOL! that's for sure. I liked to have lost it on the mountain. JDAWG you gotta bad ride. I think both our times would have been better on a sticky track.

Ward I can learn alot from you. Your a great drag racer!

Janni I'm trying to avoid the SRT thingy. :D

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Racing is only 1/2 the fun. Meeting, hanging out with old friends and new friends is the other half. The more events you go to, the larger your new "family" grows. Welcome to the drag racing family.

Ward

I second that! Brian, it was great to meet you and your wife. The Viper community is a great lot, helping with anything and everything! I think my old pilots actually have life again, seems all the VHT they sadi was on the track is actually on these tires :D

Mike

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're most welcome Brian; I'm just glad you had a great time, and I really wish I had been there. Oh, and thanks for showing me not to EVER remove the weight-distributing hitch--I'm just glad you were able to get her stopped!

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian it was a great finally getting to meet you and your wife. You really found a cool group of people to be associated with. Hope to see you at many more. BTW you had the best looking Seats there. :D You sure did better that I did my first few times down the track.
Chad

OP
OP

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ward

I second that! Brian, it was great to meet you and your wife. The Viper community is a great lot, helping with anything and everything! I think my old pilots actually have life again, seems all the VHT they sadi was on the track is actually on these tires :D

Mike

Mike
Thanks again for the use of your pilots. My wife and I we're talking about that on Tuesday and she still can't believe you loaned them to me. People in other car venues that I've been around would have never done that. The fact that you did speaks volumns for yourself and the whole Viper community. BTW those tires are great I did manage a 1.8 60'time.

Snake Hydes it was great meeting you as well. I'm biased but those seats do look good. :D

RedGTS I learned my lesson with those weight distribution bars. Do I need to tell everybody how strong you are???? :D

SNAKEPILOT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Brian, with times like that I understand your trying to avoid the SRT thingy. It probably would whip your asp!
John (Red SRT thingy) :2tu:

OP
OP

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian, with times like that I understand your trying to avoid the SRT thingy. It probably would whip your asp!
John (Red SRT thingy) :2tu:

Na I'm not too worried about an SRT out running me. It's the pain of having to come off the hip for another 80,000 dollar car. I've got a house I need to finish building. I'll buy one when or if the coupe comes out. :D

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Brian,

It was great meeting you and your wife. Great suggestion on the dinner Friday night. We have a lot in common, we are both running 5lb Roe super chargers on cream puff motors and we both have Harley pick-up trucks. How did your car like the Macedo cards? I have gone 10.8 at over 128 mph on that tuning in better weather. On radials I have been over 130 mph in the 1/4 with his tuning as well. Hope to see you soon, I'll be going to Kansas, and the wife and I will be going to VOI 8, if you have not been to one of those before I recommend it highly it is a great party.

OP
OP

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian,

It was great meeting you and your wife. Great suggestion on the dinner Friday night. We have a lot in common, we are both running 5lb Roe super chargers on cream puff motors and we both have Harley pick-up trucks. How did your car like the Macedo cards? I have gone 10.8 at over 128 mph on that tuning in better weather. On radials I have been over 130 mph in the 1/4 with his tuning as well. Hope to see you soon, I'll be going to Kansas, and the wife and I will be going to VOI 8, if you have not been to one of those before I recommend it highly it is a great party.

Same to you John. Our cars are almost identical only color separates them. My car responded great with the tuning card from your car. Larry has it dialed in perfect. I know my car is much faster than what I ran. I'm just not a good enough drag racer to pull the best out of it yet. With drag radials and proper driving it should be a high ten sec. car just like yours.
I'm glad you enjoyed the dinner Friday night. We always eat there whenever we go to BG. Hope to see you in Kansas and we are probably going to VOI8. :2tu:

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do I need to tell everybody how strong you are????

Ah, an F250 isn't really that heavy. :)

BTW, my H2 should be here in an hour or two. I'll send you a pic before the wife starts running over mailboxes.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian

your car is sweet and it was great meeting you guys.

I hope your hooked on the drag racing thing. you need to get the edge chip for your truck!

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL! Which color did you get?

Victory Red (it's some limited edition color they're making 1,500 of, although I think it may be a regular production color for '05).

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a blast with you and Janine, Brian. When are you bringing the Anderson posse to Disney so we can GTG?

BTW, I haven't forgotten to put together a proposal for you, Ronnie. Apologies for taking so long to do so! If you send me your cards I'll hook you up with the most excellent VEC2 tune I have to date.

PS We do S/C H2's and have had some awesome results doing so...

OP
OP

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian

your car is sweet and it was great meeting you guys.

I hope your hooked on the drag racing thing. you need to get the edge chip for your truck!

Dr.Roof
You owe me a ride in your truck! I'm gonna get that chip.

Ronnie it's time to change your sig.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte