My check wallet light is on :(

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man you say you have a Viper and every little thing you want is high dollar. I just got the snake oyl 3 piece mat set and with shipping was almost $500. Never thought I would pay that much for a set of floor mats even though they are high quality and great looking. Guess I will just drive the car and not mod it up like all you other big money grip fellas. Except for the 3.55 rear gear I think I must have that.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Man you say you have a Viper and every little thing you want is high dollar.

Imagine how I feel when an oil change takes 1/7th of my two-week paycheck. But if you play it smart and give it some time you can save yourself a lot of dough. My Snake Oyls, for instance, only cost me $150.

Rocketman66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know where your shopping. I just received my Mopar black viper floor mats from the dealer and tax in Canadian was 80 bucks! - Should I start a business and ship em? (kidding) But, I did notice that to install a cd player costs a fortune compared to other cars and it's easy to do. They see a Viper and up goes the $$$$$

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The gears are a must have for everyday fun, by far the best bang for the buck :D

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rocketmann, Snake Oyls are the premium mat, most here consider the OEM Mopar mats a joke that bunch up under the pedals at crucial times, and are flat out dangerous at the track. Take the mat right outta there if your driving spirited or better with OEM mats, they are garbage!!

OP
OP
G

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rocketman I saw the mopar floormats as well but once you see the quality in the snake oyl mats you will be able to tell the difference. Is the price is justifiable? I think not, but I was the one purchasing them so I knew what I was getting into. Oh well ... such is life

Rocketman66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GenX - your completely right. I almost brought in my Viper for service because I couldn't get it started. Found out that the thickness of the floor mat was preventing the clutch from engaging the starter against the firewall. So mats are in storage now! (They are useless!)

Vipersrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Mopar mats **** - really ****. My check wallet light is very bright RED - just waiting for the time when I can shell out the money for the Snake mats.

Until then I constantly fight those d#$n mats - they really do ****.

As for the oil changes, I got a hell of deal on my lease from D&M. It's only $19.99 per month for the MPP plan. That's only $60 for full oil change at the dealer. From what I've heard - that's a pretty good deal.

I'm still waiting for a little more cash saved up to purchase some of the interior items.

There's always something to add!!!!!

BUT I LOVE IT!!!!! BEST dang hobbie I've ever had.......

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mendocino, on the lovely North coast of California
Reddog, LMAO, all too true and seems to be a continuing condition. I was thinking about that as I await my new Viper (coming today)!!! These cars are in the top 1/2% of performance cars yet once you start on these message boards, the stock car is suddenly at the bottom of the pile! Great commentary on life I guess. Thanks for the laugh.

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Mopar mats **** - really ****. My check wallet light is very bright RED - just waiting for the time when I can shell out the money for the Snake mats.

Until then I constantly fight those d#$n mats - they really do ****.

Try looking into the Northern California VCA mats. They are about $150 and are very high quality and thick. Not quite SnakeOyl level, but a better value by far and a HUGE improvement over the Mopar mats that bunch up under your pedals.

OP
OP
G

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
riverflyer, give us all the info on your new viper. Congratulations and welcome cant wait to get your opinions on your new ride. Glad you got a kick out of the post.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the VCA CA Region mats for my former '94 RT. they looked great until the first drive when they flattened down where your heels go. They would not vacuum back up and after that, never looked right.

On the other hand...I have the factory mats in my 2000 GTS (with the anchor in them) and they are great. They don;t move around and wear much, much better than the atermarket.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say nay on the Northern California VCA mats. They bunch up too, same as the stock ones. Take a look at the picture on their website http://www.viperclub.org/menus/index_members_regions.htm
(click on the NorCal link, merchandise, floormats for a JPEG). You can see this new, unused (presumably) drivers side mat starting to roll up already!
My car came with stock (at least they have the button for securing it to the carpet, even if it doesn't work) and the VCA mats. Both are rolled up horribly and need to be trashed ASAP.
I believe the problem here is the narrow area at the level of the crease between the floor portion and the rise up the firewall. This is where all the force winds up from all happy pedal and feet action.
Anyone have solutions to securing the mats against sliding, beyond just replacing them?

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never had a problem with my Nor Cal mats. You can secure them with a zip tie through a hole in the end of mat to the seat mounting brackets.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTSREDDOG.
i am self proclaimed viper owner cheapass!!!
meaning I can not stand being vipertaxed!!!

here are few of the cheap mods I have found, keep in mind cheap doesnt mean cheap quality!!
pedal covers online only $53 viper ones $150
pedals0002.jpg

sidesill upgrades only around $80 consist of 2 new hood badges and 2 new rear rt/10 logos.
other sillcovers $350+
sidesill0007.jpg

oil changes $17 for 5 qt jug at walmart, local oil chng shop changes it for $20 total=$54
painted my own hood pad cost for clips, paint and my own labor about $100
cost for new one around $250

I must admit i too bought the snakeoly mats. they are awesome!
so, minor mods can be done and done cheap.. just takes alittle effort on your part.
but if you can avoid it dont pay a vipertax!!!
good luck
Jim

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Birvini,
thanks!
they are stock sidesills just the logo and badge from local DC parts dept.
or call the Wizard. he can always hook up a vipertax hating owner!! ;)

OP
OP
G

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jimandela those sidesills look kicka$$ to say the least. Im just gonna enjoy the car in its stock form with just a few minor exceptions, but you know how that goes. Any bigger projects will just force me to save harder for them.
By the way LOVE the yellow rt.

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a note on the stock floor mats. I used a clip from stock carpet used to secure the floor mats on Fords :( although I have seen them on other brands. All it took was a small slit at the back of the carpet and then snap lock it into the carpet, then punch a small hole in the floor mat and no more problem. I know 2 strikes for cheapness :D .

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTSREDDOG,
Thanks
take your time.. a few must have mods
Roe clutch link only $25 and makes it so that you only have to push the clutch in
about 1/2 way compared to stock!!! well worth it!!
also skip shift delete $60 again well worth it!
and MGW stuff is awesome; shift knob, license plate holder, hvac knob, oil cap, glovebox door
etc.
best wishes
Jim

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did GTSREDDOG say he wasnt going to upgrade?? LOL, someone quote him on this, im takin it to vegas for the odds on fav and im gonna make some jing off it. its a fever dude you cant resist, youll upgrade, its inevitable. you already irrationally rationalized by saying "just the 3:55 rear, i think i must have that" youre already hooked and dont even realize it, welcome to the maddness.

he'll be a DLM boy or similar in a yr tops, LOL

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say nay on the Northern California VCA mats. They bunch up too, same as the stock ones. Take a look at the picture on their website http://www.viperclub.org/menus/index_members_regions.htm
(click on the NorCal link, merchandise, floormats for a JPEG). You can see this new, unused (presumably) drivers side mat starting to roll up already!
My car came with stock (at least they have the button for securing it to the carpet, even if it doesn't work) and the VCA mats. Both are rolled up horribly and need to be trashed ASAP.
I believe the problem here is the narrow area at the level of the crease between the floor portion and the rise up the firewall. This is where all the force winds up from all happy pedal and feet action.
Anyone have solutions to securing the mats against sliding, beyond just replacing them?

I kept the Mopar mats from sliding using a suggestion from a previous thread... I bought a $5 grommet kit from Home Depot. Put a hold near the center rear of the mat using a grommet, then zip-tied it to the seat adjust lever. Hasn't slid since!

OP
OP
G

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V10 MOJO I guess I have to go to through the twelve step program, Cause I didnt even know I had the illness already setting in.. I think your diagnosis is correct once you start you wont be able to stop. Once I get tired of the 450 hp maybe just maybe there will be a DLM stage 5 or something :D