My first 1.5 60' on pilots

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My first 1.5 60\' on pilots

Ok last big race of the year and I think they used all the VHT that they had.In the past I was happy with 1.9's but for some reason this weekend I work my way down a little at a time, 1.9's, 1.8's, 1.7's and then 1.594. I had to lift at the end because I dialed an 11.28 and knew at half track it was better then that. Can any on look at my numbers and let me know what the full run whould of been if I stayed in it? Also can someone help me with posting some of my time slips.

R/T .543
60 1.594
330 4.673
1/8 7.180
MPH 100.36
1000 9.317
1/4 11.31
MPH 110.91

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: My first 1.5 60\' on pilots

Good heavens. That's an insane 60' for pilots!
Congrats! What was your launch technique?

Your 1/4 mile calculates out to be 11.2 @ 126.5

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1.5 on Pilots is unheard of. I have seen it one other time. Fuelman did it in BG with his ROE s/c car. Good run.

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh wow! That's impressive :) .
With that short time I would have kept going :) .

-Lou

OP
OP
M

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Ben, Thanks. I don't know if I have a technique but after my burn out I stop again,bring the RPM up to 2500,pop the clutch out only half way,if I stick I launch hard,if I spin I leave soft. I have 23 1/5 psi in the rears and 37 in front. At the line RPM at 2000,I let the clutch out just enough to get car movement. Then pose,Then apply gas and release clutch equally (KIND OF SLIPPING) When clutch is all the way out go to WOT.

J DAWG and Fishtail, Thank for giving me that pat on the back. My wife just look's at me and nod's her head ,saying " That's NICE glad you had FUN".

I've counted my time slips and have made 35 run's since I started going to the track. I also have heard other people with 1.6's and 1.7's and thought how in the hell or they doing that. I can say the track was so sticky that a pit guy walked out of a shoe at the starting line. There was a 2002 GTS F/E,with BFG D/R running 12.37's or so with 1.83's for 60's. I wanted to borrow his D/R for a pass. Today I hope to get the posting PICS thing figured out.

OP
OP
M

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Russ M
I have the basic's K&N,Smooth Tubes,Corsa Cat-Back,355's,and a 100 shot Wet N/X. Next is H/D Half Shaft's and maybe BF D/R .

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great times! I wish that they had decent track prep at out local track.

-Dean.

S

SUN RA KAT

Fantastic 60' times - I've been only able to do 2.0 second 60' times - I'll try your technique next year and see how I do. Thanks.

OP
OP
M

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score

395IM000617_upload-med.JPG
395IM000610_up2-med.JPG

Finely got that figured out. :D

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When you hit a 1.579 then come talk to me BOY!

Just joking... I dont have the slip for that run, but it was at e-town. I know everyone will call BS unless I find it, so let's just say I'm lying and leave it at that and save everyone the hassle :)

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score

its obvious you staged with the back tires after what was clearly a top fuel dragster style burnout. :)

OP
OP
M

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Mike 99ACR
Wouldn't Tom let you make a pass on the E/T street's If so what was your best times on both tires. Your color combo rocks buy the way

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great run. Like the car color too.

Mike (99ACR) you and him would be a good close race.

Cudaman :usa:

Yea maybe if Tom drove mine. I still need practice. I'll see what I can do Thurs. night. I hope for at least a 11.5. Now that I know what the car will do after Tom drove it I have a goal. Just like when I was on Pilots, it took a while before I hit 11.79.

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike 99ACR
Wouldn't Tom let you make a pass on the E/T street's If so what was your best times on both tires. Your color combo rocks buy the way

Yes I made a pass at 11.62 on E.T.'s. Best on Pilot's in my sig. 11.79.
Tom is a great driver and I'm far from great. I'm still learning how to launch on E.T.'s and to get my foot off the clutch. I got too use to feathering clutch on Pilots. I also need to speed my shifts up. I'm still happy to know the CAR ran a 11.30 @ 122mph with the only mods being headers,Vec1,and E.T.'s.
Maybe a 150 or 200 shot of BTR Nos and see a 10.30.

All you need is some E.T.'s and skinnies and your there. Sounds like your already a great driver.

OP
OP
M

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Mike 99ACR
Thank you for the info and good luck on Thursday. Post to let us know how you did . Has going to the E/T's made your 60' and times more consistent? or is it just the same and depends on the day and track prep.

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike 99ACR
Thank you for the info and good luck on Thursday. Post to let us know how you did . Has going to the E/T's made your 60' and times more consistent? or is it just the same and depends on the day and track prep.

Theres no doubt about it they will make you more consistant. If you could run 1.5 to 1.65 all the time on Pilots then you may not need them. With Nos even less. Tom is a great driver and his 60' was 1.59 and me driving 1.62 with et's and no Nos. I'll tell you now there are not very many people at all that do 1.5's on Pilots driving Vipers.

I'll probably be the slowest Viper Thurs. being that everyone else is running Nos or supercharger.

OP
OP
M

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score

(I'll probably be the slowest Viper Thurs. being that everyone else is running Nos or supercharger.)

The race is within oneself not top speed,but personal goals. Having a clean run is a lot more fun then having a bad one. Hope you make your 11.50

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The best part about drag racing is that you get a document for each run that shows what you have accomplished and where you can work to improve.....and what improvements do for your performance.

I was proud to drive Mikes car...and would have never asked him to drive it as I don't like raw-doggin other folks equipment..especially collector cars like the Viper.

I will say this, he has more in that thing.......I launched softer than I could have..seeing that he has stock half shafts! I figure 11.20's in cool air with his combination(thats what mine ran when similarly equipped)

Tom

P.S. Mike, a BTR Nitrous system will put you around 10.20...............10.30 on a bad day!

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The best part about drag racing is that you get a document for each run that shows what you have accomplished and where you can work to improve.....and what improvements do for your performance.

I was proud to drive Mikes car...and would have never asked him to drive it as I don't like raw-doggin other folks equipment..especially collector cars like the Viper.

I will say this, he has more in that thing.......I launched softer than I could have..seeing that he has stock half shafts! I figure 11.20's in cool air with his combination(thats what mine ran when similarly equipped)

Tom

P.S. Mike, a BTR Nitrous system will put you around 10.20...............10.30 on a bad day!

Thanks Tom. When the timing is right for me I will drop the car off for half shafts, roll bar, and BTR nitrous system. If their still planning the big drag event here in FL. in Jan. that might be the time. Thanks again.

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

(I'll probably be the slowest Viper Thurs. being that everyone else is running Nos or supercharger.)

The race is within oneself not top speed,but personal goals. Having a clean run is a lot more fun then having a bad one. Hope you make your 11.50

Well Brad I did it with a 11.48 so I reached the goal this night. Track was very slippery so I was happy with that run. I'll keep trying until I get that 11.30 (new goal). Might just wait until I get Nos and go for 10's.

We had a great time on a very nice night weather wise here in FL. Tom, Fuelman, Macedo, Vern, Ward, and Lee were there.
Tom 10.0
Fuelman 11.0
Vern 12.0

Take it easy

OP
OP
M

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Mike RIGHT ON

Sounds like a great group of guy's for a night at the track. Also the NOS,BAR,1/2 Shafts would be a lot of fun. Soon to be seeing 11.28 then the 10's. I wish there were some owner's around here,that were willing to get the car out of the garage.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Amazing 60"!!!
I remember reading that you can multiply your 1/8 by 1.53 for a Viper and get your 1/4 projected time. That would have given you a 10.985 if you hadn't lifted.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte