My first real kill in a viper, Lamborgini Murcielago

INFURNA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys, hows everyone doing. Me and my girlfriend were on the way back from the bank to my house and we passed a Murcielago, a new one in either black or dark dark blue couldnt tell, so I turned around but since there was so much traffic I didnt catch up to him for quite a while. I finally pulled up next to him at a light and he seemed like a nice guy, he was kinda young, late 20s or early 30s i would guess. He told me he had a second gen viper. Well the light turned green and I thought I was going to get smoked since those cars are V12 AWD and have 571 hp. When the light turned green we went off, in first gear we were just about neck and neck and by second gear from what my girlfriend told me I pulled away and when i stopped I was almost to third and he was deffitly back there. Just thought I would share my experience. I have raced a lotus before but it wasnt from a dead stop so I dont count that. My car is bone stock right now and is getting some upgrades real soon. Sorry no video or pictures to show I wish I had some. Has anyone else raced one before?

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet kill.

Up to 125 the SRT and the Murci would be close due to the weight and the lack of steeper gearing of the Lambo. Over 125 is where they get dangerous due to long gearing and aerodynamics.

myfirstviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bro not to bust your bubble , but you say you just got to third and let off. that means you only used 1-2. not really much of a race. sounds like the guy in the lambo probably let off it way before you did. did you both acknowledge that you were going to go as soon as the light turned.or did you just launch and then he tried to catch you? if you only just got it out of second and let off because you saw him way behind you dosnt sound like he really meant to run you. just my .02. no doubt it was still a good pump.

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guy couldn't drive...or was an E-Gear...which means he still cannot drive. I own a 2002 Murci and a Viper. Viper will loose everytime if stock. Raced my buddy's new Z06 yesterday...pulled him both out of the hole and from a 35 mph run. 580 horse and AWD beats 510 horse everytime. Weights of cars are about the same-3400. AWD on the Murci takes all the skill out of it. Just my two cents worth.

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guy couldn't drive...or was an E-Gear...which means he still cannot drive. I own a 2002 Murci and a Viper. Viper will loose everytime if stock. Raced my buddy's new Z06 yesterday...pulled him both out of the hole and from a 35 mph run. 580 horse and AWD beats 510 horse everytime. Weights of cars are about the same-3400. AWD on the Murci takes all the skill out of it. Just my two cents worth.

A Murci weighs more than 3,400 lbs. More along the lines of 3,800 lbs.

Try running the C6 Z06 from a 55+ mph when it is in 2nd gear, and let us know the outcome.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96