My Garage project begins...

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Money IS an object, I am hoping to keep this under $35k (The bid to build it right now is $24k but I know I will be adding things as we go....)
BTW: This post is Viper related because that's where the snake will live when its done :)

Cheers,
Scott I was trying to guess what the bump-out was for...maybe a toilet :confused: but a videogame! Who woulda thunk.

BTW how close to budget did you get.

OP
OP
S

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ya Hemi,
I think that is where I will put my games..I have the Stargate that you see, plus 2 pinball machines and a sitdown "Dig Dug" game. Originally we just added that "bump-out" just to gain more floor space...
As far as the budget...I havent totalled everything up yet, but I think I am still under 30k :2tu:
Cheers,

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott,

What's your opinion thus far on the Race Deck flooring?

How cost effective did you find it compared to epoxy?

My new house is about two months away from being finished. I'm just now starting to look a flooring options. Thanks,

OP
OP
S

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Scott,

What's your opinion thus far on the Race Deck flooring?

How cost effective did you find it compared to epoxy?

My new house is about two months away from being finished. I'm just now starting to look a flooring options. Thanks,

Well, so far after having the race deck for less than a week, I can say that I like it so far...it was REAL easy to install, took me about 3 hours including cuts to put in...Looks to be pretty tough....
The only part I wish was better is the edges...Its hard to have the tiles come out right to where the door openings are so you can install the correct edges without a big gap...
I paid well under $3.00 shipped per square foot...as far as epoxy....I didnt go that way because my slab was so old, I wasnt sure it would stick...plus I think the race deck will be more durable and if one gets messed up I will just pop it out and replace it....and if I move, its going with me...

Cheers,

JiPi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful, your neighbour will get jealous! Look at his garage. It looks ridiculous now compare to yours!
Congratulations! Good job! Very nice garage. Send us a picture when the lift is installed. It will look awesome. I love the floor you put.
Congratulations again!

OP
OP
S

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the great ideas and the kind words...
I passed "final" inspection and am having the lift installed on 11/8/2005...Then the next day the driveway is being torn out, and a new bigger concrete driveway is being poured....THEN I should be just about done.....Just have to install the slot wall...Im doing that after I figure out exactly how I am going to run the air lines for my compressor...

Cheers,

Reaction score
Exciting! I used the relatively new IR Al piping and it works great. East to put outlets around the garage. I used a loop set-up to keep the pressure balanced around the system. A little over kill but allows easy air access around the garage without long hoses over, around or under cars.

OP
OP
S

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Fred....
So its best to run the air system in a loop to keep the pressure the same??.....That's a good tip...I wouldnt have thought of that...
I am just thinking of 2 or three outlets on the walls, and one in the ceiling for my reel hose...

Cheers,

OP
OP
S

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Update pics.
320garage-under-construction_206-med.jpg

320garage-under-construction_200-med.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics