My Grafite ACR is at Prefix getting the wing and splitter:)

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am getting excited. Hopefully have her in 3 to 4 weeks:D. I am doing Balanger headers and Mopar and K&Ns. Thanks for all of your input on mods!

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! That is just awesome!

Betcha I know what you are thinking about when you should be sleeping at night! :D

Man, I know! This will be my 5th Viper and I just love them! Nothing like the raw feeling of that Viper torque:headbang:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell us more about the car. does it have the black center band, red stripe, ********....etc.

Bruce

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope your going to Conner to pick it up or you might not see it until next year....UN-Reliable is really slow...

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenric: During the install of the Belangers get that clutch fluid bled and changed; the clutch fluid tube runs about an inch from one of the header pipes....most of us with belangers have changed the fluid to a DOT4 with high wet/dry temp....

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Art thank you. I had no idea about that! I will change the fluid. It is a Grafite ACR with the black center band with a red drivers stripe and Navi. I ordered the bezel center as well. Every option I could order.

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kenric: During the install of the Belangers get that clutch fluid bled and changed; the clutch fluid tube runs about an inch from one of the header pipes....most of us with belangers have changed the fluid to a DOT4 with high wet/dry temp....

so basically your saying if anyone would come to putting headers he would have to change the fluid?

can you plase tell me why because Im getting the headers installed in two days

Thanks

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so basically your saying if anyone would come to putting headers he would have to change the fluid?

can you plase tell me why because Im getting the headers installed in two days

Thanks

I know that it has been an issue on quite a few of these modifications....several threads addressed the concerns in late 08/early 09...in my case upon picking the car up at the dealer,after about 20 minutes, I started to lose clutch effectiveness to the point where I had to start in-gear at one of the stop lights. I made it to the house drive way....I was advised to bleed the clutch which I did; I added heat insulation also. Returning from one of the VCA meets about ten miles from the house the situation replicated. Drained the existing fluid and replaced with Castrol SRF - 570F wet/690F dry (some use Motul 600) - problem solved. The heat generated from the belanger pipes is very intense...there appear to be small tolerances between cars on how far the clutch fluid tube passes the headers...maybe why some cars are not impacted. So why take the chance,when it can be a one stop solution while the car is raised. Good post by DC performance on the Belangers at: http://forums.viperclub.org/performance-modifications/623294-acr-performance-testing.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are u going to spice up the interior?

I should spice up the interior. It is going to be very black and boring. But I think I will leave it alone. Just do the normal things MGW rings Mats and other little things that spice it up a little.

red heat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received my 09 ACR over the summer and made it to 2 track events in the northeast before the weather got bad. I have NEVER experienced a car this ferocious/loud/dominating on a track like this one. I have no other words. enjoy it to the max.

if you take it to the track, you should strongly consider changing the alignment to the "rough track" settings.

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I will track her maybe a couple of times a year maybe more. I am looking forward to getting her soon! I have never driven a Gen 4 much less an ACR. I tried to drive one at VOI 10, but they said no cause I had my VCA with me.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can't wait for the pics. You are killing me with your collection of cars. Love em all, especially the GT. I'm jealous.

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait for the pics. You are killing me with your collection of cars. Love em all, especially the GT. I'm jealous.

Chrissss, Thank you man! I love them all as well, but the Ford has a special place in my heart. I love that dam Ford!

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenric, that should be one badass ACR, I look forward to seeing photos.

I can't wait to get her! I think it should be cool. I have never seen a Grafite ACR so I hope I like it. I know it will go around the track well. I just need to work on myself, the car is ready!;)

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea they only made them in 05 and 06. I am so bad at pictures. I need to take some of the cars.