Reaction score
CONGRATS on your new heart throb!!
BURNOUT.gif

Andy, "You have mail"

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy,

Congratulations welcome to the money pit world, just kidding.

George at MGW can help you with the cup holder it goes on the inside of the glove box when you buy his new Viper lid for it. JonB at PartsRack will sell you a seat lowering kit so you can have more viewing area to be seen in...kind of like a power seats.

Congratulations again could I interest you in a Viper trailer so you can take the Viper to all those events you intend on going to now?

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the Viper Nation, Andy!

Have fun and remember to keep the wheels straight when you decide to stab the gas.

andymo1972

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After over a week of waiting and praying to the DAS shipping gods that i'd have a timely and issue free delivery, my 97 red GTS arrived today...5 days earlier than they quoted me...the prayers helped hahaha. They were able to deliver it to my office even. What a car! but (sarcastically) where is the cup holder and power seats?? hahahahaha. I was only able to take it for a short spin but I can't wait to make the trip home this afternoon...don't know how I'll get any work done until then but I'll try. I'll be joining the Colorado VCA and hope to meet some more local viper owners soon. There is a yellow gen II RT/10 in the parking garage, guess I'll start there.

Andy
97 red GTS (finally!)

Bill 96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome. If you are looking for a little road time, the New Mexico club is going to be in the mountains at Red River NM on June 7-8. Come on down and join us. It's a beautiful area and a nice weekend. The locals have a car show every year. Last year the Cobra group was at the show with a dozen cars. The Vipers are always a hit. Email me for details if you're interested.

andymo1972

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a nice long drive home from work last night but got rained on! I guess I shoulda spent some time prayin to the weather gods too...something to remember for next time. The Viper did fine on wet roads though...I have heard stories both ways on that one. I love the car! Once the roads dried, I went out for a little while longer in my rain spotted Viper. Very impressed with the way it drives. It has a great feel. My last car was a Lotus Esprit S4 and the steering on the Viper is (ducking) slightly more hesitant than the Esprit but still very accurate. And the low end power/torque is awesome and makes the Viper (sitting back up) way easier to drive than the Esprit. Can't wait to get home tonight and wash it!!

Andy
97 red GTS and lovin it!

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you dont have to duck- i too did have an esprit s4 some time ago and i have yet to find another car that handles and feels like collin chapman's creation.. but thats what lotuses are notorious for - chassis. they had 30 years to perfect it
biggrin.gif

good luck with your new toy
biggrin.gif

alex
02 gts
few other cars

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy- Congrats on the car. Hey your welcome at any of the New England events. This weekend there is a Poker run throught the Old North Church. If you leave now you may make it for saturday. Anyway I hope you leave work early. Broom, broom.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

andymo1972

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ed - Time may have flown for you but stood still for me while I awaited delivery! Pics will come soon, once we have decent weather again.

Dixter - Glad I'm not the only one who likes the 97 Reds...hahahaha...I was beginning to wonder. But in all fairness, I also like any other year of red, yellow, 96/97 blue, black, green, silver, sapphire blue, steel grey, and white Vipers with stripes or no stripes(in no particular order). If i missed a color, feel free to bash me as you feel necessary...hahaha. One week and I'm hooked and thinking of which one i'm gonna buy next!

Andy
97 GTS, red, 5 pts, corsa exhaust, smooth tubes, coleman rotors

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy,
Congrats on the new car. I totally did not realize that it was you the former Esprit guy that finally got his GTS.
Hope you are enjoying and man does time fly, last I remember was you saying you had to wait to May to get it.

Take Care and Enjoy the beast.
Anxious to see some pics.

Ed