My head-on crash in.... (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...my rental car! Can't believe I walked away from this but I did. A 17 year old unlicensed driver driving his mom's car that she just bought from ugly duckling. He came fishtailing around a corner into my lane. I had no way to avoid it. If you are going to have a crash, then do it in a rental car. (My dodge mini-van was in the shop). BTW, attention DODGE... I own two dodge vehicles... think about that side sill TSB...

Ron

You must be registered for see images

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! I had a similar crash in my Navigator. She was going 30 or so when whe ran a red light in the turn lane, I was going 45 and nailed her right front corner. Both airbags deployed. When the emergency crews arrived (the Navigator was totaled) they checked my thumbs and my eyes: Apparently many people get their thumbs broken by the airbags by the way they hold the steering wheel. Their eyes often get a burning sensation from the corn starch they use to keep the bags from sticking. Did not know that! I didn't get so much as a scratch and went out and bought another Navigator (which was a piece of junk, but that is another story).

Speaking of which, I will move this one to Off Topic so that people don't panic like I did and worry that you killed your Viper!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.