My Heffner SC is AWESOME!!! --w/pics

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, made it to Heffner's Performance Monday morning to pick up my
Silver GTS new and improved SC'd Intercooled Beast! How can I explain it, where do I start?!!
I guess the numbers first 722rwhp/682rwtq----yes, I am VERY VERY Happy! --Belanger Headers, roe HF, borla catback, Heffner SCi 9 lbs, 93octane gas.

Let me first say thanks to Jason Heffner for everything. He was easy to talk to and deal with the whole time. Before I decided on Heffner Performance he made time to answer all my questions, and to walk me through everything I wanted to know. Never did I feel like he was too busy to talk. Great experience overall! His new shop is huge, ready to pump out some monsters. Also, I met GaryA, thanks for all your help. It's Gary's car that was/is the test and tune machine for Jason. And what a friend Jason has there! Jason's work is nothing short of perfection! To walk up on my GTS and see that blower, intercooler, fuel rails, all the goodies under the hood was something I had been wanting for a long time. Looks great, what type of feeling would I have while driving it now?

OK, so Jason puts me in the passenger seat for a test drive of my new boosted machine. Yeah, I am ready, I know what to expect, going to be everything I have heard about from many Here....you know. Well, we get a opening on Jason's closed track and Jason really gets on it---Holy Sh$T, my heart went straight to my throat! :shocked: As prepared as I was, my head still found it's way to the Headrest! Don't know if we hit 140, 150,..I just know it felt amazing and we got there FAST!! I didn't ask Jason what I said when we slowed down, maybe "WOW", maybe "Uhh, power-gooood", not sure what I said, might not have said anything! Maybe I tried, but nothing came out! I just know that I was instantly more addicted than ever to my Viper! Good God, I now realize what everyone has been posting and talking about when it comes to Supercharged Vipers! Let's not forget that I haven't even driven my car yet!
To add to the addiction is the SOUND! OHHH, the sounds! :eek: I really didn't expect that! I knew that it would be there, but the whistle during idle and with the pedal down, and the WHOOOSH when you are shifting gears is music I had never heard before from a Viper! Won't need my Stereo for a while :D

I got to drive halfway home and had a blast, but between the rain, construction and tons of cops, I was only able to enjoy the boost a couple times. Loved every second of it :D The Aston Martin DB7 convert didn't want to play, but was cool to see on the road.
I am hoping the weather here in NW Indiana gets better, as my car has been sitting in the garage ever since I got back! Yes, I have been spending alot of time out there looking at it! I could always look at my GTS, but now the looks with the hood up is, well, something special! Thanks again Jason!
Overall, from what little time I have driven it so far, I can say that I got more than I expected and my expectation were very high! The $$ spent was more than RIGHT for what I have now!

I will update after I get a few days of driving. Here are a couple pictures, sorry if the quality isn't the greatest, I'll admit to not giving too much time to photography! :D

317snakes_011-thumb.jpg

317snakes_014-thumb.jpg

317snakes_012-thumb.jpg

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool! superchargers kick a$$! what trim blower or size do you have boosting 9lbs?

be careful and lets hear some kills!

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great post, way to make us read before the photos, kept me in suspense. What "track" did Jason take you on, do you know? I've ridden in a Heffner 655 HP sc GTS, that was surprisingly scary enough for me, I would love to try out 720! Congrats, get some kills, and be safe doing so.

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is it chromed? the pics are very small on my end, but from what i can tell it looks like it. it looks amazing of course, your car is awesome! i just cant wait to get mine back now, especially after your write up. thanks for sharing!!!!!!!

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrads, Now lets make those pics a little bigger for all to see..Abracadabra

Can't wait for mine to be done in the fall by Doug @ DLM

Adam

317snakes_011-med.jpg

317snakes_014-med.jpg

317snakes_012-med.jpg

[/QUOTE]

adam

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow Casey - you had us riding right along with you there! Thanks for the excellent write up.

Pics tell a thousand words - nice work! Hope you get excellent value out of it for years to come!

Surly 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, Okay, let me wipe up the drool from my keyboard! That looks awsome, but how much are we talking $$? Ballpark me on the price. My quarter is still spinnin in the air as to what type of system i'm going to have installed on my 00 RT/10. Problem is that summer is here and it's going in soon at the quarter lands. Thanks in advance for any insight provided.

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all! And extra thanks Adam for helping me out with the pictures, I was getting frustrated!
I got everything Chromed that I could. Like always, the pictures really don't do it justice!
Gerald, give me a couple weeks and then I will have my camera mount installed! :laugh:
It's been a while since we actually decided on the blower, but I believe it is JT trim? I wanted the capabilities to jump up the boost later, if/when I decide to up the HP, which I can't imagine right now!
Also, whenever I am Stateside I will try my best to make any shootout I can. Usually, that means Mid-May through August, but sept 2 might be possible! Hope so!
Well, going for a ride, there is SUN in Valpo!!!

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Casey,does Paolo still have a viper,oris he just a poser!
Com'on down for our shootout @GLD July 18th.If you like BLT's for lunch you'll like out special vette/F-body/supra sandwich. :laugh:

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TOOFST, how far is GLD from Chicago? Where? I would love to make it there on the 18th.

Paolo has a Viper, but it is w/o a motor right now! I guess that would be the ultimate Poser, as it really just sits there looking pretty! :laugh:

317snakes_008-thumb.jpg

There it is! Sitting there! But from the info I am getting Paolo's car needs it's rest as soon enough it will be a MONSTER!

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Casey, I've got to say, that post even had me excited! Also, I'm not one to pat myself on the back but [******] that is one good looking blower system. I'm glad you made it home OK. Most would find it hard to believe that cars with this much power could be reliable enough to take on a long distance drive but you and Russ have proven that they are. It's good to hear that you are so happy with your car. As much as I like to see a customer reunited with his car, I hate to see every one leave the shop. They are like children, well, maybe not quite, but close. Red Snake GTS your engine parts came back from the machine shop today and the engine is ready for assembly! Paolo, yours should be back tomorrow. It looks like I've got a busy couple of weeks ahead of me. Eric, I'll call you in the morning. Casey, enjoy your car and I'll be sure to keep in touch.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Casey!! I don't think I've seen a more enthusiastic S/C owner! It was great meeting you in person and I'm glad that you're enjoying the beast. But, as you know, this stuff is addictive and I'm sure you'll be back for some more mods before long.

Enjoy your car!!

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
317snakes_008-med.jpg

Casey, if you are copying the properties into the image box, be sure and copy it off the larger pic. Congrats again. :cool:

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TOOFST, how far is GLD from Chicago? Where? I would love to make it there on the 18th.

Paolo has a Viper, but it is w/o a motor right now! I guess that would be the ultimate Poser, as it really just sits there looking pretty! :laugh:

317snakes_008-thumb.jpg

There it is! Sitting there! But from the info I am getting Paolo's car needs it's rest as soon enough it will be a MONSTER!

Casey, Thanks for the encouragement and Congrats on your car! It looks beautiful! If the Viper body has curves like a woman, Jason Heffner, in a sense, dresses her in under hood lingrie and makes her an animal in all the right ways and places! I am glad you love it and hope you can come to Chicago before July 18th and show the local homies what 720 RWHP looks and feels like. Valparaiso is not that far from Chicago at all!

P.S. You are probably not aware of this, but, with the correct transmission gearing, you have enough RWHP to go 226 MPH!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Casey!! I don't think I've seen a more enthusiastic S/C owner! It was great meeting you in person and I'm glad that you're enjoying the beast. But, as you know, this stuff is addictive and I'm sure you'll be back for some more mods before long.

Enjoy your car!!

"...I just know that I was instantly more addicted than ever to my Viper! Good God, I now realize what everyone has been posting and talking about when it comes to Supercharged Vipers! Let's not forget that I haven't even driven my car yet!
To add to the addiction is the SOUND! OHHH, the sounds! I really didn't expect that! I knew that it would be there, but the whistle during idle and with the pedal down, and the WHOOOSH when you are shifting gears is music I had never heard before from a Viper! Won't need my Stereo for a while"

==>Gary, This is a similar description to the awe I felt when you took me for a ride in your car! Heffner Supercharged Vipers are UNBELIEVABLE! Hope you are enjoying yours and I will be seeing you soon! Paolo

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Casey, I've got to say, that post even had me excited! Also, I'm not one to pat myself on the back but [******] that is one good looking blower system. I'm glad you made it home OK. Most would find it hard to believe that cars with this much power could be reliable enough to take on a long distance drive but you and Russ have proven that they are. It's good to hear that you are so happy with your car. As much as I like to see a customer reunited with his car, I hate to see every one leave the shop. They are like children, well, maybe not quite, but close. Red Snake GTS your engine parts came back from the machine shop today and the engine is ready for assembly! Paolo, yours should be back tomorrow. It looks like I've got a busy couple of weeks ahead of me. Eric, I'll call you in the morning. Casey, enjoy your car and I'll be sure to keep in touch.

Jason___Busy, Busy, Busy ==> Keep up the good work! I am waiting for your call telling me to come and get it! I will see you soon!

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Casey..Thanks for calling me up..I havent had time to call you about the S/C but now I have to find out all the details..Great job bro.... :D

Tony

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo, I am anxious, many others are too, for your car to be finished as well!
Tony, give me a buzz when ever you want. If I answer the phone while I am driving, you can just listen to my Heffner Music! :laugh:
jimandela, surly 1, I don't feel comfortable posting Jason's prices, but PM me or email me and we can talk about everything.

melzer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One word of caution for all you "supercharger pilots" out there. From the posts that I have been viewing on this board, it is readily apparent that most of you do not possess the saavy and experience with such overpowered cars as your Vipers. When owners have more $$ than common sense, the respectable 450/HP and torque threshold becomes a matter of bragging rights.......going to the highest bidder willing to spend the most $$ on jacking the output to 600-800/HP.

Every owner should never loose sight of the fact that these cars are already very powerful and dangerous beasts and when put in the hands of amateurs, they simply outclass the unaware throttle stomping jockey.

This post is NOT intended to disparage anyone for wanting to add more power to their cars. It is just a reminder that we all are (and should be) responsible adults with this hobby of ours......use discretion when buying more HP.....don't go overboard just to brag.....remember, you may actually use it someday and have to handle it. :eek: :eek:

Regards to all..... :) :)

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Valid point Melzer - power can go to all of our heads. The only way to stay alive with a monster car is to have a great deal of self-control and maturity. The throttle requires considerable feathering and a rush of blood to the head and a stab on the pedal - even at high speed - could be enough to finish our final race quicker than we hoped.

It's not the guy with the biggest right foot that wins, but the guy who can keep the coolest head. The heavy right footer will die young in any of these cars...

melzer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
torquemonster,

Thanks for understanding the content of my post. It appears that you are a man with restraint and good judgement as well. So many young people simply do not understand what this is really all about. Many learn in the end the hardest way. My hat's off to you........god bless

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was in my 20's I relied on my quick reactions and skill. With 800+hp at the flywheel - that is not enough - not even for a pro... you need a calm brain. I only learned that because I got older...

let's hope that the young guns on this forum take it on board so they can get older too - life begins at 40! :D well make that 42 ;)

I'm still very excited for Casey and all the guys running these monster cars - I think it's very cool they have a dream fulfilled! may they all live long and happy lives!