My idle hang is finally fixed!!! Fully gone and not by resetting the PCM.

Falconeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the idle hang 8 month ago when my waterpumb broke down and got fixed. It idled really poorly and stuck around 1500RPM.. It was like having cruise control since the engine maintained that RPM without me ever pressing the speeder down.

Now it is finally fixed!!! After 8 month of frustration.. I know there are many different theories out there regarding how to fix this idle hang. I will tell you what fixed mine.

My tech tried everything.. Resetting the PCM, replaced the AIS motor, cleaned the throttle bodies, replaced leaking gaskets that let air flow into the engine etc. But nothing worked until I read this post:

Idle hang thread

It mentions that the problem most likely would be a mechanical problem confusing the PCM which results in the idle hang. My tech found out that my left throttle body was a little bit out of syncronization with the right one. He syncronized it and voila!! the idle hang is gone without a trace.. It's two days ago now, and I will keep updating this post and tell if this fix is final. All I have to say is that it worked and my car is running as good as if it was brand new!!

I hope this can help some of you out there to fix your idle hang. It is a relief not to think about it anymore, and be laughed at when holding at a red light with high RPM..

Erik

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried to tell people... Good job, mines been gone for about 8 months. I had it for about 3 years. It was a BAD CASE...

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: My idle hang is finally fixed!!! Fully gone and not by resetting the PC

While trying to fix my hesitation, I tried another TPS and that gave me idle hang. So I took it off, put the new one on, and no more idle hang. Still Hesitation though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness