My New Alcantara Steering Wheel

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1!.I love how it came out but not for $700.I could see $300 for the alcantara cover with the thumb moulds but thats about it.
You can do your stock steering wheel for 300, but if you want a reshape custom wheel is a diferent story.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can do your stock steering wheel for 300, but if you want a reshape custom wheel is a diferent story.

I thought that was a stock wheel with a flattened bottom. It has Mopar stickers on it. Do you mean they want $400 to flatten the bottom? Did lubrication come with the wheel?

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought that was a stock wheel with a flattened bottom. It has Mopar stickers on it. Do you mean they want $400 to flatten the bottom? Did lubrication come with the wheel?
Have you ever done a custom steering wheel? Looks like 700 is out of your price range , and thats ok the mod is not for everyone. The wheel is a big improvenent IMO ,and the cost is not a big deal to me, as long as the product is well made.

Last edited:

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I haven't but it seems excessive if they are using your wheel and your airbag. Maybe I misunderstood what they are furnishing and what the customer furnishes. I love the look and think it would be a great mod. It just seems expensive if I understand what they actually do for the money.

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I haven't but it seems excessive if they are using your wheel and your airbag. Maybe I misunderstood what they are furnishing and what the customer furnishes. I love the look and think it would be a great mod. It just seems expensive if I understand what they actually do for the money.
Do yourself a favor and look into it, and see if you can find someone to do it for a viper with a reshape and airbag ready for less. My lambo wheel cost over 2k. Were driving Vipers not hondas. These is NOT about money is about a cool as hell mod.I have done many hot rods over the years and finding a shop to do Ferrari quality work is hard to do.Cheers

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Take a closer look at his wheel, besides the bottom work the wheel has been widened on the sides and other custom work has been done. Just recovering with alcantra and re-stitching by a quality shop runs $350. $700 isn't cheap but isn't out of line.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Holy **** For that kind of scratch it should look as cool as this one.

Donkervoort.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen