my new aluminum polishing guide

zooloo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all! Just wanted to let you know i just released a website guide on how to make bling bling out of ugly metalparts commonly found under the hood of most cars :drive:

Here is the guide: http://www.poleringsguide.se/english/

This is an update to my old guide i wrote at supraforums.com, now on a separate website. Hope you like it!

You must be registered for see images

// zooloo

OP
OP
Z

zooloo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx, im really glad you like it :2tu:

damn i like this one: :drive: :drive: :drive: hehe

I will add more useful stuff soon, take care!

//zooloo

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any advice on the type of clearcoat to put on after polishing? And yes, on most of the parts he is showing heat would really be an issue.

I am thinking of doing this to my clearcoated wheels.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clear coating wheels is a complete different animal. There have been some threads on that. You might want to search a little. Hasn't been that long ago.

The problem with powder coating is that it has a slight inherent orange peel. Acceptable under the hood, on suspensions etc, but NOT on your wheels!

OP
OP
Z

zooloo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i worked my whole car with 2000grit wetsandpaper by hand, all clearcoat. Then polished with proper machine, pad and polishing compound. Its easy to do and the paint looks like glass after that treatment.. but, it takes lots time and is very boring :rolaugh: Orangepeal clearcoat is quite common.

:: zooloo