My Nitrous results & Thank you to Larry Macedo

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Macedo Motorsports hooked me up with half shafts & Headers/exhaust yesterday. They were AWESOME! Great work habits, professional, kind. Did not give me any grief about going my own route with the Nitrous, and went the extra mile on their installation/service down to every last detail. I could not be happier!

After installing headers/exhaust and half shafts we rolled the car back onto the big drum and put down three back to back runs on motor, getting higher #s each time. Ended the third run with 441rwhp/482rwtq
Im thinking after driving around a week or so and then heading back to the dyno would result in a little bit more.
The car has smooth tubes/filters and headers/exhaust no cats.

Then we opened the bottles and ran the N20. The jetting on these kits is kind of wierd, but with the middle power level I put down 557rwhp/722rwtq with a/f ranging from 10.1 - 11.1.
These runs were in street form with airbox in place with filters.

I went up one hundredth of a milimeter in jet size on fuel and N20 solenoid (approx 20hp) higher and put down 560rwhp/750rwtq BUT the a/f dumped and was WAY fat! We ran out of time to tinker around with jets.

I think I will run with these jets for now and then go back to Macedo's and try the bigger ones in a couple of weeks.

I am VERY pleased with this kit I put together so far.

THANKS AGAIN LARRY!!! Macedo Motorsports.

PS I am NOT discounting any other Nitrous kits out there. There are some fine setups offered (BTR, NX). I just wanted to try something different. So far so good.

Thanks,
Jason
You must be registered for see images

ChoiceViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those bottles look killer!!

Were they custom painted, or are those just purple ZEX bottles with viper logo decals?

OP
OP
J

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Denny at racetested.com furnished the bottles and 90% of the N20 components. Denny was very helpful, as was Jack B., Toofst, Macedo Motorsports. I put the kit in myself.

Thanks,
Jason

fearsuch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So what this custom nitrous setup cost you?
Its really nice, I would like to do something like that to mine

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jason -

I'm also interested in maybe replicating your kit there. Can you break down the details/cost as far as you're comfortable?

Thanks!

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: My Nitrous results & Thank you to Larry Macedo

J,I also use the VEC-1,it helps in tuning a bit!Your #'s are right with mine,this kit has a nice hp/tq ratio.This kit definatly costs 2-3hundo more.Seriously how could you scawble over a few bones on a viper.This kit packs 4 punches:power,Looks,Safety,guarantee!Sheet I should sell 4em.Deny's like a computer Graphics dood,Racetested.com is just a hobby.
Cool Note:The existing wet kits can puddle fuel,i've experienced it with NOS Proshot solinoids(never seriously hurt the motor).This kit Pulses automaticly,end of possible problem.
My Racetested kit performed within 15rw hp and tq from jason's, 1000mile difference.My Vec-1 may have made the exact diff. from the sound of it! :2tu:
Nice job unlce Larr,and congrats on the shop!
PS.J what RPM did you hit the juice!That can affect the dyno # MAJOR RW power!

OP
OP
J

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: My Nitrous results & Thank you to Larry Macedo

Jack,
You were asking about the sprayers. Each sprayer is supposed to support up to 170hp.
I will try larger jets after I get a clean pass on the ones I have. The car went 10.65@132 with a really bad bog, and no purge. 1.69 60' .

When it hooked really good it went 1.47 60' but I missed third :mad:

I think the car has 10.20-10.30 with the jets it has now.
I don't think the times are bad for a car with tubes/filters headers/exhaust & simple N20 kit.

Jason

I also have pictures of the sprayers if you still want to see.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4