My Paxton Viper runs a 12.1 at 121 a mile high. What will a gen 4 run?

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have an ACR on order. I am curious as to what a Gen 4 will run a mile high with headers and Mopar ecu. I might get the acr twin turboed.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
going out on a limb here but with that stable of cars im gonna assume you can swing the TT on the ACR...DO IT ! what could be better

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking about UGR twins for the ACR, but might just do headers and Mopar ecu. If I do go for the twins I want sick power on pump. I am still curious as to what a Gen 4 would run a mile high.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Kind of HP is your Paxton putting down? At sea level, Mopar PCM, headers, exhaust, filter, the Gen IV cars are very close to 600 at the rear wheels.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FikseGTS's signature has "2008 Dodge Viper ACR - 11.02 @ 129.2" maybe if he sees this he can chime in....he is running belangers and MOPAR pcm....

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the quarter mile my supercharged car is only one tenth of a second quicker than my 2008 w/headers,exhaust,3:55 gears and Mopar controller. The Gen IV cars are the sh*t. Pardon my French.:D

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! thats what I want to hear. I was having second thoughts about keeping my Paxton. Tell me what you Gen 4 guys think are the best mods. i want my ACR to be as fast as possiable with bolt ons.

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With 704 RWHP - you're only running 12's? I don't get it - you'd be running 13's on a stock Gen IV if you're only running 12's with 700+ RWHP.

Jamie Furman ran a 10.92 on a bone stock (factory tires) 08 Vert...and that's only 600 Crank HP...

Luvgoinfast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shew I don't feel that bad now lol. Best I've got out of mine with k&n filters, run craps, headers and exhaust is 12.2. I have a couple buddies with new ACR's and they say no comparison to there 06's lol. Sorry but only numbers one has is 1/4 and one went 11.5 or 3 I can't remember.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With 704 RWHP - you're only running 12's? I don't get it - you'd be running 13's on a stock Gen IV if you're only running 12's with 700+ RWHP.

Jamie Furman ran a 10.92 on a bone stock (factory tires) 08 Vert...and that's only 600 Crank HP...

he's a MILE HIGH compared to jamie at sea level

ACRsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly dont know how you can handle these things with Twins , my stock (only corsa Catback) 09 ACR goes sideways at 4k + rpms in 1st and second gears on most surfaces !!

Last edited:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly dont know how you can handle these things with Twins , my stock (only corsa Catback) 09 ACR is goes sideways at 4k + rpms in 1st and second gears on most surfaces !!
Furman holds almost EVERY possible record there is for stock american production cars in the quarter mile and probably is the BEST drag racer in the country running stock tires.

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I am a mile high. You loose almost a full second and almost 10 miles an hour in the 1/4. Thin air!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was like, damn I run 10s with that hp levels in my Paxton Viper, I started to think you just couldnt drive.

Wow, never going to live in a place that kills a cars power like that... DAMN!

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about elevation but here in Kansas, N/A cars seem to run pretty strong. My Viper has belangers and full exhaust. I haven't taken it to the track but I have ran against a Z06 that runs 11.1@ 132mph and we were dead even...belangers make a world of a difference (if you can tolerate the sound...LOL).

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would think the ACR with headers, air intake and MP controller would out run the SC car at altitude.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My nephew with a bone stock 09 Z06 who lives in Albuequerque just ran an 11.9....so he told me. I guess he's a lying sack of poop.????

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow if he ran that number that is one fast Z. Most r in the high 12s to low 13s up here.

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2002 ACR it is all good cause all of us here are down on power compared to sea level. i remember a VCA member moved up here and he thought something was wrong with his Viper. He said he felt like his car was down two cilinders;). I said welcome to the mountains! :)

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan thanks. I was hoping that my new ACR would not be much slower than my SC car. It is hard getting into a slower car. So I will bolt on headers mopar ecu and intake K&Ns and see how she runs.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either car ( stock Gen 4 or stock Paxton )running stock tires it is still ALMOST impossible to get into the 10s no matter the track .In the case of the Gen 4 for all the runs ever one guy and one guy only has done it .

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The computer,exhaust and headers are good. The gear change is for personal prefference. No real gains from the 3:55's but more fun to drive.

From a roll in second gear the supercharged car still feels faster. From a dead stop on the street the Gen IV is probably quicker. Due to better traction.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The computer,exhaust and headers are good. The gear change is for personal prefference. No real gains from the 3:55's but more fun to drive.

From a roll in second gear the supercharged car still feels faster. From a dead stop on the street the Gen IV is probably quicker. Due to better traction.

That is the same impression I came away with...I had 650 RWHP in my 04 and I just miss that surge of the SC car....

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Charged engines generally do better at high altitude than NA. A primary reason turbocharged engines are found in higher numbers in mountainous regions.

1Bad you are at it again. Read. Then read again for comprehension. He is only interested in what it will do at high altitudes (his reference was MILE HIGH). What other cars do at sea level is irrelevant.

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GR8 ASP thanks man! You understand whats up. Yea at sea level my run would've been 11.1 at 131 or so. You are right turbo cars are better up here, but my EVT700 porsh turbo runs 10.8s in Phx up here 11.8s.

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only had 3 runs in. My 3rd run I would have been in the 11s but 3rd gear would'nt go in :( I was a couple of tenths quicker in the 1/8th. Would've been an 11.8 or 11.9 run.

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The difference being Jamie (Furman )ran 10.9 in a totally stock 08 Viper(stock tires ect ) the 10.8 was run with bolt ons, slicks and nitrous .

I always thought it was without the juice..:omg:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang