My SC project update.....PICS

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it’s been a few days now and my Heffner Supercharger kit is in along with my B&B Headers. I thought I show you guys some pictures of my progress. All im waiting on is my fuel lines with injectors and my dual in tank fuel pump set up. It should be up and running by next weekend, or maybe sooner as long as I get the parts in. While I was at it I decided to through a magna charger on my girlfriends vette,(that was one easy install) we'll be enjoying that thing this weekend.

Ill post more pics of the finished product and a dino sheet as soon as im done.

I must give huge credit to JD for all of his help and knowledge. He was more than helpful during my installation. He really knows his stuff when it comes to vipers.

Thanks JD!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep me posted, what are you using for a fuel system and cpu? how much hp are you looking for?

IM using david weavers intank dual pumps set up with 55lb injectors, looking to get at least 700rwh.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that's special... But I wouldn't to rebuilt the front of a Viper to look like a Vette.... :bonker: ;)

Sorry.... I couldn't resist saying....

thats a good one

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't need the shields if the headers are bellangers. or if they are coated. If they aren't, things will get pretty hot under there.

JD

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anton PUT your heat shields back on!!!! :bonker:

seriously? do i need them back on?

You don't need the shields if the headers are bellangers. or if they are coated. If they aren't, things will get pretty hot under there.

JD

YOU ARE TAKING A RISK OF FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evilmad:

But hey, when it burns up I WILL SAY I TOLD YOU SO! :buttkick:

We had a 97 [with the same headers] burn up here and I told the owner before it happened to put the heat shields back on! Every header I install [must be at least over 250 of them now] the shields are on!!

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wizard - you and I used to be bed buddies and now i have two threads where we don't agree 100%. we've lost that loving feeling!

I don't disagree w/ you, but if you talk to Lou (Bellanger) he says that his headers are coated and that you don't need the shields. on the other hand, i always run w/ heat shields. i'm not willing to take that risk...

can we both be right?

Or, put another way, how many header fires have you seen in your time? If the count is more than zero, then I recant and one should ALWAYS use heat shields.

;)

JD

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep me posted, what are you using for a fuel system and cpu? how much hp are you looking for?

IM using david weavers intank dual pumps set up with 55lb injectors, looking to get at least 700rwh.

Damn good choice on the fuel system , I have DW's same setup with fuel rails and return!!

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Damn good choice on the fuel system , I have DW's same setup with fuel rails and return!!

thats good to hear, ive heard nothing but good things about the system. Cant wait to get it.

Oldwilsonian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You state your headers are B&B, definately put the heat shields back on or get them wrapped.